Starks is back on 2 year deal

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
MM press conference just now

knee and ankle, but tested out okay..see how he goes tomorrow..Looks worse on the tape then the actual injury

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
Coach basically said Starks is going to try to go through practice tomorrow and they'll see how he does.

OP
OP
FrankRizzo

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Oh, thank God Starks is okay. That tackle was absolutely hard to watch.
Very very hard. I hate those pileups like that, late in games when 11 guys on defense know we're running. The zebra's need to blow the whistles a tad sooner on those massive pileups.

IluvGB

I <3 Packers!!!!
Reaction score
Very very hard. I hate those pileups like that, late in games when 11 guys on defense know we're running. The zebra's need to blow the whistles a tad sooner on those massive pileups.

What game was that yesterday that a zebra got caught right in the middle of the pileup?!?! I need to watch the highlights again to catch who was actually playing!

Yippee for Starks and the team! Wheeeew!

OP
OP
FrankRizzo

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
What game was that yesterday that a zebra got caught right in the middle of the pileup?!?! I need to watch the highlights again to catch who was actually playing!

Yippee for Starks and the team! Wheeeew!
Yeah I saw that play too.... the zebra got totally buried by a pile of like 5-7 guys!
Did they ever dig the old man out of the ground?

Mr. StyleZ

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
McCarthy likes to play everything safe. Doubt he plays Thursday, but stranger things have happened. Like Mason Crosby missing a FG.. oh wait..

c33j44y

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We should find out tomorrow about Starks. We have crazyleggs Masthay and swivel hips Raji.
More like butterfingers Masthay .. not that I would criticize a punter on his rushing skills anyway.

Southpaw

Endorphin Junkie
Reaction score
This is much better news. I would still sit him for the Lions on Thursday, regardless. You can never be too careful.

This. Knee injuries are not something to play around with.

And a lot of times it's impossible to know the full extent of the damage until a professional checks it out. Knee ligament injuries are weird because it could be a very serious surgery requiring injury and it may not even hurt at all, and because of that people shrug it off and play through it and then it becomes even worse

Shawnsta3

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Starks is back on a two year deal says Adam Schefter.

Personally, I didn't see any chance of him coming back, but now that he is I'm really excited. *You're keeping the best 1-2 punch in the league. Power on power with Franklin or Harris coming in as a third option with speed on the bench.

*According to **** Lebeau whose Steelers needed a backup running coincidentally enough, and had Starks scheduled in for a visit.

7thFloorRA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Excellent. He looked real good last year coming in after Big Ed had beaten down the defense. I saw a stat where he had the 2nd highest ypc last year.

H

HardRightEdge

Starks is back on a two year deal says Adam Schefter.

Personally, I didn't see any chance of him coming back, but now that he is I'm really excited. *You're keeping the best 1-2 punch in the league. Power on power with Franklin or Harris coming in as a third option with speed on the bench.

*According to **** Lebeau whose Steelers needed a backup running coincidentally enough, and had Starks scheduled in for a visit.
I think it's an OK move if he's cheap enough. We need a guy to spell Lacy and as his injury backup with similar running characteristics (a guy who can go north/south between the tackles), and Starks fits the bill. Harris would add a change of pace option as the third back, but running backs with knee injuries like Harris are a big question mark, making the need for a solid #2 more acute.

I think I'd have preferred the Pack go in another direction simply because of Starks injury history. He seems to be on track to break some kind of record for knee sprains.

In any case, I recall one game in the first half of the season where McCarthy was still giving the ball to Lacy right through garbage time with his touch count going to 33 if memory serves. I remember this because of how p*ssed it made me considering Starks was sitting on bench. I'd like to see Lacy's touch count kept under 25 so we can have him around for a few years...Starks fits the profile to make that happen.

NelsonsLongCatch

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I wonder if he'll take over the pseudo-fullback rule John Kuhn has been occupying? I doubt the Packers would keep a healthy Lacy, Starks, Franklin, Harris AND Kuhn.

H

HardRightEdge

Franklin's the guy on the bubble. He's going to have to beat out Harris, a guy we know McCarthy loves. Franklin sticks if (1) Harris struggles coming back from the knee or (2) by default if Starks hurts himself again or (3) we convert Franklin to WR ;).

H

HardRightEdge

I think MM is married to Kuhn. He will be back but hopefully for not a dime more than the vet minimum.
Yeah, I suspect Kuhn will be back. None of the TEs have looked very good at H-back as lead blockers, and none have run the ball at all.

Last edited by a moderator:
H

HardRightEdge

I wonder if he'll take over the pseudo-fullback rule John Kuhn has been occupying? I doubt the Packers would keep a healthy Lacy, Starks, Franklin, Harris AND Kuhn.
I don't think there will be any point in this lifetime (or any other for that matter) where you could count on Starks as a lead blocker. His pass blocking and pass catching continue to be pretty dismal and he's been in the league long enough that expecting improvement is wishful thinking. He's a ball carrier, plain and simple.

thequick12

Cheesehead
Reaction score
According to Schfter James Starks is gonna resign with Packers for two years. I think this completes a very good running back group. Lacy and Starks big backs and Harris and Franklin small quick backs.

Now who thinks we should resign Kuhn ? Or should we get a guy like Trey Millard in the 7th round or as an undrafted free agent.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts