Stallworth-Gate in NE

MajicMan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
NESN's SportsDesk (a daily sports rundown show) went ahead and reported that Stallworth signed with the Pats. Even supplying years and salary numbers. NESN cited Comcast SportsNet (I couldn't find anything) but SportsNet Philly had this:

"Anyway, according to a report out of Boston, Stallworth left New England yesterday without a deal after it was reported on one local television station that the receiver had signed with the Patriots."

http://www.philly.com/mld/philly/sports/football/16849255.htm?source=rss&channel=philly_football

So I guess we'll have to wait and see, but I will go out and say it looks like Stallworth is going to NE.

I will never trust NESN again if they turn out to be wrong on this...I have watched NESN for many years and they have proven to be as credible as any major sports network.

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Sometimes i think wanting to get a "scoop", makes networks jump the gun. They all want to be the FIRST to report something.
Kind of like the "Dewey WINS!" headline that was sent out in a newspaper when he ran against Truman for the presidency. (I'm not old enough to see that first hand, but i remember it from my textbook).
They showed a picture of President Truman holding up the paper saying he lost. I don't know what paper it was, but they had egg on THEIR faces!

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts