Special Teams 2021-22

Packerbacker1996

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Agreed. And if LeClair can't get in players face when the game is on the line to get them motivated to play then he ain't any good either.

red4tribe

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Honestly, if the special teams was just bad, instead of really bad, we probably win the game. Like if was say a 26th ranked unit instead of 32nd. So disappointing.

Schultz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
They cut some nice guys to be able to put what they considered the best team on the field for this game. If they would have used the same logic with their ST coach I am probably posting in the "who do you want to play in the NFCCG" thread.

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score
#1 reason why MLF shouldn't be Coach of the Year...didn't have the balls to get a new ST Coordinator early in the season. More than a dozen posters predicted ST would be the end of our post-season run. :(
So true.

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Clearly we need a second WR that can get open for Rodgers to trow as well as prime time TE.
Wtf you family member protecting this inept cats or you lost your ballz as well?
Well said. When you go to just one guy all the time the defense is going to wise up.

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Embarassing, absolutely embarassing! All season time to fix it.
I think back to the 1962 Cha mpionship. The Giants only score in that icy, wind gusty day was a blocked punt. But it was the only mistake we made that day. We forced 3 turnovers and turned them into points. And against a stout Giant defense and hurricane winds the Packers used Jim Taylor on the ground and in the air to move the football. And we were victorious in a game not too unlike last night.

gonzozab

Cheesehead
Reaction score
One more thing about STs that I forgot to mention. If they do not figure this out it doesnt matter who they are playing in the playoffs it will be a quick 1st round exit. In the playoffs defenses get away with more. Scoring is hard. We will be kicking more FGs and fielding more punts. If we cannot figure this crap out we are not beating the Rams or Buccs in the playoffs.

You cannot be a real contender and not be able to make FGs. We just saw today those empty possessions where we were in FG range cost us at least a tie.
Wow, did this prove to be prophetic. Well, except for the Rams or Bucs part. We couldn't even beat the 49ers with these special teams to get that far.

KiDcUdI

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Wow, did this prove to be prophetic. Well, except for the Rams or Bucs part. We couldn't even beat the 49ers with these special teams to get that far.
Anyone with half a brain saw this coming from a mile away. They couldn’t even string 3 straight games of regular season STs success. What made you think it was gonna happen in the playoffs against teams with better STs and coaches?

gonzozab

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Anyone with half a brain saw this coming from a mile away. They couldn’t even string 3 straight games of regular season STs success. What made you think it was gonna happen in the playoffs against teams with better STs and coaches?
What makes it even worse is that the 49ers special teams weren't so special either if you believe Buck and Aikman, and their units thoroughly dominated ours. And now that I think about it, what about the kickoff return to open the second half. You should never see seven coverage guys on your TV screen attempting to tackle the returner. Half the coverage unit left their lanes, making it easy for Samuel to break right for a big gain. Staying in your lanes is Special Teams 101, and they couldn't even do that right, and it certainly wasn't the first time this season it happened. Just total incompetence from Drayton.

melvin dangerr

In it to Win it All
Reaction score
One more thing about STs that I forgot to mention. If they do not figure this out it doesnt matter who they are playing in the playoffs it will be a quick 1st round exit. In the playoffs defenses get away with more. Scoring is hard. We will be kicking more FGs and fielding more punts. If we cannot figure this crap out we are not beating the Rams or Buccs in the playoffs.

You cannot be a real contender and not be able to make FGs. We just saw today those empty possessions where we were in FG range cost us at least a tie.
It is time to move on from Mason also

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It is time to move on from Mason also
I still think you get your snapper and holder right and Mason competes with a couple guys for his position again. He's going to have to earn it, but I don't think you move on just because. I think there are other much bigger problems on special teams. I would not be surprised to see us find someone else this year, but I don't think it's a given. I do hope for a new snapper. He was the cause of a lot of pressure up the middle this year, never got it right and it cost us our season last night.

KiDcUdI

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It’s not just incompetence on Drayton. It’s on LaFleur. You’re the head coach. Are you telling me you’re so ignorant you didn’t see this mess week in and week out.

You had two byes? Did you not self scout. We’re you taking the MM route and getting a massage?

Just pure stupidity. No way around it. Waking up this morning I think you clean the house from top don’t. Murphy, Gutey, LaFleur, Rodgers. All gone. Reset.

The logical replacement would be myself as supreme leader with ultimate power as president, GM, and HC. I’ll find a QB.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
Just pure stupidity. No way around it. Waking up this morning I think you clean the house from top don’t. Murphy, Gutey, LaFleur, Rodgers. All gone. Reset.

The logical replacement would be myself as supreme leader with ultimate power as president, GM, and HC. I’ll find a QB.
With all due respect, you are right in your very first 3 word sentence of this....what follows is the pure stupidity part.

OP
OP
XPack

XPack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Would have loved to MLF to beat both Kyle and Sean on way to SB.

Oh, I'm still fecking depressed.

Voyageur

Cheesehead
Reaction score
As I watched the game unravel, with different players in on the punt and FG blocking team, I thought about the discussion we had out here about guys coming off of IR just before the start of the playoffs, and how much they affected the changes. I'm so disappointed in what I saw out there that I don't have the energy to follow through and check this out, but I do believe our entire offensive line shifted by adding one guy back into the group who had been out. That could have been a huge mistake, if it cost us two blocks.

Sometimes, when it's this far into the process, you just gotta dance with the one who brung ya!

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
As I watched the game unravel, with different players in on the punt and FG blocking team, I thought about the discussion we had out here about guys coming off of IR just before the start of the playoffs, and how much they affected the changes. I'm so disappointed in what I saw out there that I don't have the energy to follow through and check this out, but I do believe our entire offensive line shifted by adding one guy back into the group who had been out. That could have been a huge mistake, if it cost us two blocks.

Sometimes, when it's this far into the process, you just gotta dance with the one who brung ya!
I think Lancaster and our long snapper were the primary culprits in those 2 plays. Don’t think they were affected by guys coming back from
IR.

Packerbacker1996

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It’s not just incompetence on Drayton. It’s on LaFleur. You’re the head coach. Are you telling me you’re so ignorant you didn’t see this mess week in and week out.

You had two byes? Did you not self scout. We’re you taking the MM route and getting a massage?

That is not a bad idea. They all been riding on Rodgers back long enough.
9 trips to post season not 1 Superbawl
WTF.
We are the fans of the best LOSER team in the NFL the past decade.

Honestly I'm so fkn pist off, it totally turned me off from football.

How did MLF not get in the face of Lazard and Cobb and said get out there do your job get open, take the heat of Adam's right da fk now.

Why is the entire ST coaching stuff not fired yet? This should have been done right after the fkn conclusion of the game.

Members online

Latest posts