So you guys/gals aren't happy?

Packer96

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Over reactive, this was our first real test. Against quality teams, we won't be able to run, as usual, won't be able to stop the run, as usual. AR will bail us out of a few, we'll make the playoffs, and get smoked, as usual. 2 HOF QB's and 3 SB's to show for it in almost 30 years. Besides the 49er's who has had back to back QB's like we have? And how many SB's did they get to?

greengold

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm still super happy, guardedly so.... but, realistically, they've done fairly well, and should have won to remain undefeated.

This will be a nice test to see what LaFleur does to adjust as HC, and to see how his players respond. If we can blast Dallas on their home turf, a lot will have gone very right.

I also want to see Pettine's adjustments. This is a gigantic week for them to show their mettle.

This week is a huge test for our entire team.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
Over reactive, this was our first real test. Against quality teams, we won't be able to run, as usual, won't be able to stop the run, as usual. AR will bail us out of a few, we'll make the playoffs, and get smoked, as usual. 2 HOF QB's and 3 SB's to show for it in almost 30 years. Besides the 49er's who has had back to back QB's like we have? And how many SB's did they get to?

You do realize that this team hasn't made the playoffs for 2 straight years? This isn't the same team that made the SB in 2010. This is a team that had a number of bad draft picks, players who haven't lived up to expectations, new coaching Staff, 2nd year GM and on and on. Basically, if you expected this team to be better than 3-1 and looking like a top 5 team, you were......Over expectant.

R E L A X.......the ship is still correcting its course and it might take another season or two.

PackerfaninCarolina

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You do realize that this team hasn't made the playoffs for 2 straight years? This isn't the same team that made the SB in 2010. This is a team that had a number of bad draft picks, players who haven't lived up to expectations, new coaching Staff, 2nd year GM and on and on. Basically, if you expected this team to be better than 3-1 and looking like a top 5 team, you were......Over expectant.

R E L A X.......the ship is still correcting its course and it might take another season or two.

And it shouldn't be surprising too because I don't think any rookie NFL HC has ever won a Superbowl in NFL history, or at least I can't recall any who have.

Hell, very rarely do even veteran head coaches when they move to a new team ever take that team to or win the Superbowl in their first year with Jon Gruden in Tampa Bay in 2002 being the one time it's happened I believe.

But yes, this is why I think we're one year out so long as someone tells the front office to load up the roster on offense this offseason.

Reaction score
Yup and we all fall into that Preseason trap of thinking a player is going to be really good because of those few little highlight plays that we see in Preseason, I've done it countless times.
For me not starting Ty is not because I necessarily feel he’s terrible, it’s more that I don’t want us to continue largely ignoring the position in the immediate. He’s probably a guy that could develop into a starting role by seasons end.

I wouldn’t be adverse to working a trade deal for a legit talent next to Blake in the now.

If I’m Gute I’d find the best option at either WR (either a solid Slot or proven Perimeter guy)
or ILB (and work Burks back in slowly).
I realize there’s not always a good fit, but between the 2 positions I think it’s likely we’d shore up at least 1 of the 2 needs.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 6794

and what has our coach been exposed as? Over-rated, over his head.

Geez, there's no reason to overreact to a loss like that. Did you honestly expect the Packers to stay undefeated this season???

Hell, very rarely do even veteran head coaches when they move to a new team ever take that team to or win the Superbowl in their first year with Jon Gruden in Tampa Bay in 2002 being the one time it's happened I believe.

Gary Kubiak (2015) won the Super Bowl during his first year as the head coach with the Broncos. In addition Red Miller (1977 Broncos), Bill Callahan (2002 Raiders) and Jim Caldwell (2009 Colts) made it to the Super Bowl in their inaugural year with their respective teams as well.

PackerfaninCarolina

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Geez, there's no reason to overreact to a loss like that. Did you honestly expect the Packers to stay undefeated this season???

Gary Kubiak (2015) won the Super Bowl during his first year as the head coach with the Broncos. In addition Red Miller (1977 Broncos), Bill Callahan (2002 Raiders) and Jim Caldwell (2009 Colts) made it to the Super Bowl in their inaugural year with their respective teams as well.

Oops yes forgot about Kubiak, and I had considered Caldwell but he had already been in Indy under Dungy and essentially was just continuing on what was already in place there.

Point in being though that Kubiak was not a rookie HC nor as young as LaFleur. If LaFleur got the Packers all the way to and won the SB in year one, he'd essentially set a new record right there.

swhitset

Cheesehead
Reaction score
LaFleur would be the first rookie head coach who wasn't promoted by that team to win a Super Bowl.
There is reason for that ... which is why I don’t expect it to happen lol. I will, of course be rooting for the Packers to win this year, but still think that next year is more probable.

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
and what has our coach been exposed as? Over-rated, over his head.
Yup. We should fire him for such a poor performance. Because when determinimg if a coach is good or not, you just have to look at the score of the 4th game.

I recall the other season we started 3-0 with a rookie HC and in the 4th game we got beat by the Rams 45-6. The Rams were the worst team in the NFL, only winning 1 other game that season.

Should have fired Lombardi right then for being so exposed as incompetent as well.

Reaction score
Actually we're in a better position now then what I originally thought.

New coaching Staff
Relatively healthy QA
New revised defense
Two wins so far against division rivals

As of this week, life is good

greengold

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yup. We should fire him for such a poor performance. Because when determinimg if a coach is good or not, you just have to look at the score of the 4th game.

I recall the other season we started 3-0 with a rookie HC and in the 4th game we got beat by the Rams 45-6. The Rams were the worst team in the NFL, only winning 1 other game that season.

Should have fired Lombardi right then for being so exposed as incompetent as well.
I COMPLETELY agree. Bravo, Bravo, Bravo. A++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ material, AmiMafi

RRyder

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Sorry but this is complete and utter over reactionary BS.

We've played 3 playoff caliber teams and won 2 of them.

Jesus christ if you want to look at a team that had its first real test its the Cowboys (and yet I'm almost positive you'd say they are better then the Packers)

PackerfaninCarolina

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Not surprising though that the Josh McDaniels fan boys are still out here trying to justify their love of him. Course that's what ignoramuses who ignore a head coach's awful track record will do though, get suckered into PT Barnum's fraud shows.

Man I can't wait till Brady and Bellichek retire in New England so he gets promoted to HC there and everyone sees what a clown he is with a 3-13 record.

rmontro

Cheesehead
Reaction score
LaFleur would be the first rookie head coach who wasn't promoted by that team to win a Super Bowl.
First time for everything (shrugs).

If LeFleur's following Lombardi's pattern, it's fine with me. Means we'll have to wait two more years to win the Super Bowl though.

Packer96

Cheesehead
Reaction score
yea, MLF, is on Lombari's level. We'll know by Feb. won't we. When I watch a movie the 2nd time I don't expect a different ending, guess i'm watching the wrong movies.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
yea, MLF, is on Lombari's level. We'll know by Feb. won't we. When I watch a movie the 2nd time I don't expect a different ending, guess i'm watching the wrong movies.

How would we know if MLF is on Lombardi's level by February? You saying that you are 100% positive that if we don't win a SB with this team, this year, MLF at the age of 39, could never be as good as Lombardi?

If LeFleur's following Lombardi's pattern, it's fine with me. Means we'll have to wait two more years to win the Super Bowl though.
We've waited this long, what's another 2 years? I would take it.

rmontro

Cheesehead
Reaction score
How would we know if MLF is on Lombardi's level by February? You saying that you are 100% positive that if we don't win a SB with this team, this year, MLF at the age of 39, could never be as good as Lombardi?

We've waited this long, what's another 2 years? I would take it.
For five championships in a seven year span? Heck yeah, I would take it.
Might even make people forget about Brady and Belichick.

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
yea, that is what i said, MLF is on Lombardis level. Mentioning both in the same post does not mean you think they are the same, no more than you mentioning Lombardi and movies means you think Lombardi was just a movie character

We can say this however, so far MLF has done better than Lombardi. My saying that does not mean i am saying MLF is a better coach or will be better. .

If some posters were around in 1959 after the worst team in football absolutely destroyed the Packers in Lombardis 4th game as HC, they would be screaming for him to be fired. And you know that is true.

Last edited:

PackerfaninCarolina

Cheesehead
Reaction score

You mean we're going to the Superbowl? Lol, I mean if MLF is as bad as you think, surely we must know before then right?

Lol at these closet Viking fans being here.

rmontro

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If some posters were around in 1959 after the worst team in football absolutely destroyed the Packers in Lombardis 4th game as HC, they would be screaming for him to be fired. And you know that is true.
Maybe so, but they'd be in for some pleasant surprises in the years to come.

In more recent years, does anyone recall people being negative about Mike Holmgren when he first came to Green Bay? I remember being excited about getting someone from such a winning program.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Maybe so, but they'd be in for some pleasant surprises in the years to come.

In more recent years, does anyone recall people being negative about Mike Holmgren when he first came to Green Bay? I remember being excited about getting someone from such a winning program.
I don’t remember the first month of his career here, but I promise I remember all the incessant whining about him being too conservative and too controlling with the players.

Latest posts