So you guys/gals aren't happy?

Raptorman

Vikings fan since 1966.
Reaction score
I have debunked this whole great offense narrative multiple times on this board by showing the offensive and defensive rankings of all the Super Bowl winners. There are a couple of outliers but the large majority of a time it takes both a very good offense and a very good defense to win it all.

It is total fact supported by the stats, in the name of all that is holy please stop pretending a good offense is all that matters.
Very few outliers is correct. You need a top defense and offense to win the Super Bowl. They both need to be in the top 10 at least. The top 5 is better.

PackerfaninCarolina

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The state of Packer fandom will be completely happy as soon as the fraud Detroit Lions take a big huge beating that gets the score run up on them. The Detroit fans are the problem. They are as bad as Bears and Pats fans.

Do7

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The state of Packer fandom will be completely happy as soon as the fraud Detroit Lions take a big huge beating that gets the score run up on them. The Detroit fans are the problem. They are as bad as Bears and Pats fans.
Dude no. Patriot fans are on a whole new level. Their noses are stuck up so high in the air, if it rained they'd drown! I JUST finished getting into an argument with one simply because i pointed out that they've beaten up on hapless teams and the dude was bragging about it. We know NE is formidable, but beating up on teams that combine for 0-9? Gimme a break!

Bear fans talk a big game, but when they lose they'll be the first to blame the refs.
Minnesota fans also talk a big game, but are more obnoxious.
Detroit is like that little brother that keeps telling you that they're going to beat you in something, and when they do get that rare win against you, they think they're world beaters. It's cute considering how many years or mediocrity they've endured.

Then there is Dallas fans, who like New England think they're God's gift to the world, only difference is that they don't have the accolades New England has in the past 20 years. Every year you'll hear them say "We're going to The Superbowl this year!" And "We dem boys!" Blah blah blah. And then when they fall on their faces YET again, it's rinse and repeat. It's annoying af.

Pugger

Cheesehead
Reaction score
3-0? I'm pretty pleased. The tackling wasn't stellar but we got a few turnovers and the O capitalized on most of them. I'm seeing improvement on O so that is encouraging.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
3-0? I'm pretty pleased. The tackling wasn't stellar but we got a few turnovers and the O capitalized on most of them. I'm seeing improvement on O so that is encouraging.
Exactly, seeing improvement. Need to see more and more consistency, but learning, improving and getting W’s? That’s just icing on the cake.

OP
OP
Shaggy

Shaggy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
You all should be ecstatic! I wouldn't care if they had some issues, 3-0 covers up all of it!

The members on my Cards forum are about to implode!

Ogsponge

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You all should be ecstatic! I wouldn't care if they had some issues, 3-0 covers up all of it!

Any real fan is pretty much ecstatic. I don’t think anyone excep true homers expected 3-0

Do7

Cheesehead
Reaction score

We're a spoiled bunch aren't we?

Do7

Cheesehead
Reaction score
On a side note, I wonder what Brandon's reaction would've beeen considering where we are now.

Sunshinepacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Any real fan is pretty much ecstatic. I don’t think anyone excep true homers expected 3-0

Real fans are allowed to be happy the team is 3-0 while acknowledging the flaws on the team. Playing the result is fun (and easy) but on discussion boards it can be more fun to look at other things.

Ogsponge

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Real fans are allowed to be happy the team is 3-0 while acknowledging the flaws on the team. Playing the result is fun (and easy) but on discussion boards it can be more fun to look at other things.
Which is something I have always done. I often point out crappy play in the shoutbox. Doesn’t change my statement at all.

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The perpetually pessimists expect to win every game, every play, and every player/player matchup. If that doesnt happen, it means somefhing is wrong with the team, coaches, or players usually all three.

There are no allowances. Even if an extraordinarily gifted HOF player on the other team takes a huge risk by guessing a play and makes an incredible "career highlight" play, the PP would see it as a performance problem with the Packers.

PackerDNA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The perpetually pessimists expect to win every game, every play, and every player/player matchup. If that doesnt happen, it means somefhing is wrong with the team, coaches, or players usually all three.

There are no allowances. Even if an extraordinarily gifted HOF player on the other team takes a huge risk by guessing a play and makes an incredible "career highlight" play, the PP would see it as a performance problem with the Packers.

Sometimes the other guys just have the right call on. What's some things also don't seem to realize is that the other guys are pros too.

Last edited by a moderator:

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
Like I said, just shocked to see a lot of members here not as excited I thought you would all be with how they are doing so far.

You ARE new to this site aren't ya Shaggy? ;) The Packers could be 10-0 and there will still be some "Packer Fans", that find fault in how they got to 10-0 and predict 6 straight losses. It's just how some roll.

As far as I am concerned, I love the 3-0 start, but on the good/bad side, there is a lot of room for improvement, especially on the offensive end of things. If that happens, injuries don't take out key players and the Defense keeps playing like they have, this place is going to be jumping in December with chatter about a potential Super Bowl run.

rmontro

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You ARE new to this site aren't ya Shaggy? ;) The Packers could be 10-0 and there will still be some "Packer Fans", that find fault in how they got to 10-0 and predict 6 straight losses.
I was on another board for the 2011 season, but I imagine most Packer fans are about the same.
That team started 13-0, but the main theme discussed that season was that the defense was a fatal flaw and would cost them from repeating as Super Bowl champs. Which turned out to be true, actually.
So wins alone is no guarantee of future success. This year the offense needs to get it together. As Rodgers noted today, in fact:

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/27693238/packers-offense-do-our-part

XPack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Offense wins games. Defense wins championships. We now have potential for both.

#Giveusthesuperbowlalready

RicFlairoftheNFL

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Take it easy. If Rodgers plays in preseason he gets MAYBE a couple series the first game and MAYBE a few more the next game. It's doubtful he'd play more than two games anyway. He's had a couple games now under his belt (that the team WON against high calibre defenses) and our offense still isn't where it needs to be. I highly doubt those extra few series would have ironed out the product we have on the field right now on offense. The issues are bigger than that.

Now that we have a new OC and a new HC what exactly are our bigger issues on offense?

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Sounds like my obnoxious brother-in-law. He essentially declared GB’s season over after Dalvin Cook’s 75 yard TD, ignoring the fact that it was now 21-7 and in all other aspects, the D had pretty much shut down the glimmer twins (Diggs and Thielen).

If I weren’t such a gentlemen I would have thrown him out of the house. Glass half full folks, c’mon. I sure didn’t think the team would be 3-0 as I write this and I’m very happy.

Members online

Latest posts