So you guys/gals aren't happy?

Shaggy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
I'm surprised I am seeing so many not so happy fans here when GB is 2-0. I'd figured with how bad last year went, that a 2 and 0 start would make would be exciting.

I have to admit, I was born and raised in AZ. I was a Packer Fan back in the day, but when the Cards came to town, I was hooked. Now, the Cards being 0-1-1, I'm stoked, because they were horrible last year, and now they look 1000 times better.

Like I said, just shocked to see a lot of members here not as excited I thought you would all be with how they are doing so far.

On another note. Yes the Packers lost to the horrible Cards last year, but I'm going on a limb and feel Rogers played like crap on purpose, as he knew that it was a way to get McCarthy fired. Which he was.

Favre>Rodgers259

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm happy. But it seems that the majority of people here aren't happy unless we put up 42 points a game. Let's remember that Peyton Manning owes his 2nd ring to Von Miller more than he does his own exploits. This could be a similar storyline with Rodgers. After so many years we finally have a defense that can win and close out games for us. I hope Gute keeps a steady hand and allows the offense to mature in this new system as I think we have a strong chance of being 5-3 or better before the trade deadline.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
I'm surprised I am seeing so many not so happy fans here when GB is 2-0. I'd figured with how bad last year went, that a 2 and 0 start would make would be exciting.

I have to admit, I was born and raised in AZ. I was a Packer Fan back in the day, but when the Cards came to town, I was hooked. Now, the Cards being 0-1-1, I'm stoked, because they were horrible last year, and now they look 1000 times better.

Like I said, just shocked to see a lot of members here not as excited I thought you would all be with how they are doing so far.

On another note. Yes the Packers lost to the horrible Cards last year, but I'm going on a limb and feel Rogers played like crap on purpose, as he knew that it was a way to get McCarthy fired. Which he was.

Some are never happy....that's why I avoid shout box on game days..

As farve to rodgers said..we can be up 42 to 0 and people would ***** that it a wr ran wrong route...or a lb took wrong angle.

elcid

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm happy, but also worried. As with the way we are playing on offense, I still feel like reaching the playoffs is going to be very tough, and all though I have been somewhat spoiled as a packer fan, this is something I'd really like to see happening, as do most of us here I can imagine.

Favre>Rodgers259

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Apparently not too many people watched the most recent Super Bowl....or at least can recall the score.

PackerDNA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Oh, I'm very happy. Being 2-0 with wins over the Bears and Vikings, the way the new editions have performed, that our defense is legit. I'm also confident everything will get better, as I have faith in the coaches and Rogers that the offense will improve, and the defense will continue to get better. But there are still issues. How quickly and how well they figure things out will determine how things go from here on out.

gbgary

Cheesehead
Reaction score
it's a cautiously optomistic 2-0 happiness that will quickly turn meh if the O continues to look like 2018, outside of the scripted plays. the defense is getting off the field and giving the O chances but they're not doing anything with the chances.

greengold

Cheesehead
Reaction score

I'm SUPER happy. This is exactly what I figured it would be, with the overwhelming amount of new, high quality players added on D, thinking they would carry the day until our Offense starts cookin' with gas. STs has been a nice bonus along the way. Great start for the Packers, and I can see them rolling big time as we continue on throughout the season, bringing back the Vince Lombardi Trophy!!! THAT's what it is all about right there.

The running game, the WRs, Aaron.... all of that will sort itself out once our OL solidifies in the new scheme, and then it is ON. Couldn't have really faced tougher fronts with the schedule to begin the season. Our Packers will be fine.

Pkrjones

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm reasonably happy with the team, this year. The defensive improvements are exactly what was needed and they're only going to get better & more confident the more take-aways and pressure they get.

REALLY thought the offense would've been more "on track" than they are... very few new faces. AR should have his guys more dialed-in to what he is expecting them to do, IMHO. I know it's a new offense for all to learn but Rodgers is also supposed to be extremely smart & detail oriented. The offense has been together practicing, analyzing film & talking with each other about play/route options ~ it's time for the offense to step-up. No reason why they shouldn't be racking up yards, time of possession AND points.

Needing the defense to hang-on and carry the team is keeping me from really enjoying their successes.

LambeauLombardi

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm really happy being 2-0. Offense was atrocious for 7 quarters and we beat our most 2 important opponents we'll play this season. We are lucky to be 2-0 IMO but better to be lucky than good.

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Most are happy. The number of malcontents is small but they are a vocal (Or prolific typers?).

Some fans love the Packers and some love to hate the Packers. Its an interesting psychological paradox that i have always been curious about. Why complain incessantly about something you profess to enjoy? Is their joy derived from criticism? Maybe they feel good about themselves if they see the downside that nobody else can.

Or maybe, as Abe Lincoln said, "people are as happy as they decide to be" or something like that.

Do7

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If they were 0 and 2, you would see the sky falling
Ain't that the truth.

Oh I for one am certainly happy due to a number of reasons, the first being that our two victories were against The Bears and Vikings. (On a quick note, does anybody realize that this is LITERALLY the same first two games we had last year?) You guys will have a blast seeing how they react upon us winning!

I think the issue is that we've been so spoiled over the past few years, seeing this offense score at will. I think we will get there in due time though.

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
As i recall, by the way, there were fans demanding McCarthy be fired after the first quarter of his first preseason game. Claimed he was standing on the sidelines with a deer in the headlights look on his face. So MLF is doing better in their minds . . .

And some will read that and think they were justified in their opinion because MM was eventually fired. Completely ignoring all the wins and SB victory he had.

Last edited:

ExpatPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm really happy about the defense. Finally, a defense that can win games!

The offense is another story. I hope that it's partly a case of getting used to a new offense, but I fear that much of it has to do with a lack of talent at key positions and Rodgers not being what he used to be.

Firethorn1001

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Personally, I don't think it is a Packer fan thing with not being happy, it seems people in general nowadays are not happy with entertainment based activities that do not entertain them to their exact standards that they have built up in their minds. I'm in a lot of different forums for my hobbies (board games, movies, etc) and this theme seems carries over to everything. Can't enjoy a win, too many yards given up. Can't enjoy the final season of Game of Thrones because X, Y and Z didn't happen. Video game? Missing this feature. Board game? Don't like the look of this component.

Favre>Rodgers259

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Personally, I don't think it is a Packer fan thing with not being happy, it seems people in general nowadays are not happy with entertainment based activities that do not entertain them to their exact standards that they have built up in their minds. I'm in a lot of different forums for my hobbies (board games, movies, etc) and this theme seems carries over to everything. Can't enjoy a win, too many yards given up. Can't enjoy the final season of Game of Thrones because X, Y and Z didn't happen. Video game? Missing this feature. Board game? Don't like the look of this component.

Got a forum for Monopoly???? :coffee::coffee::coffee::coffee::whistling::whistling::whistling::whistling:

Reaction score
I’m happy. We get one of our 3 toughest games of the season out of the way at Soldier field before any other team hits the field. I liked it, that was huge.

The Vikings win showed a slight improvement on Offense, which is exactly what you want to see. It also showed our Defensive improvements this offseason, they were fully on display last Sunday.

We’re right on track for a successful season under a new HC, New OC, a new STC and host of new assistants. I believe our D is good enough to get the majority of credit for more than half of our wins, something we haven’t seen since 2010 or earlier. We’re an opportunistic D and I believe we’ve left several easy takeaways on the table. That means ... We’ll get better

If we can string out a 3-0 or 4-0 start? That takes immense pressure off us. That also buys us time to get more acquainted with our new Offensive structure, which many of us believe will come to fruition by mid-season.

My wish is to get a series of games at Lambeau in January and I hope it’s an unusually cold one, Lord willing.

I’m very much pleased thus far. I don’t know how you couldn’t be after watching this D. They are fun to watch.

Last edited:

PackerfaninCarolina

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The fan base does agree the overall direction is going mostly good, but that doesn't mean all criticisms must stop. For example:

LaFleur: So far I think the players are buying into what he's doing. He and Rodgers appear to be working great together despite what fake news analysts and their cult followers like @gbgary say. But that doesn't mean he's above criticism for game/clock management and bad challenges. He can and I believe will improve there, but until he does the shoutbox will still have people complaining about it.

Gute: his pros are that he'll tap into free agent and trade deals in talent acquisition. He also is so far sending a message to some of Ted's raddy picks that he's not going to allow them to stink out there without consequences, another big plus. I'm just not crazy about his draft strategy because I think he's got it backward. He needs to be drafting under the philosophy that the best defense is the best offense because Superbowl history has proven this.

AKCheese

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well to longtime’s point if we were 0-2 the sky WOULD be falling.

We’ve won two TOUGH games, one on the road, both division opponents elevating us and pushing them down. The D is playing very well, although I don’t really feel these were BIG tests for them. We’ve done all that with a very below average offensive performance. That last part has GOT to change or all of the above is for naught.

It’s time for Rodgers to start playing up to his press clippings, something he hasn’t done consistently in 3-4 years...imo
(Yes there are reasons for those who like excuses rather than results)

I think we have a lot of opportunity... do we have a D as good as it looks?

Do we have the horses on offense? (If we don’t... that’s inexcuseable )

Will Rodgers step up?

I don’t think identifying these questions is negative

greengold

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The fan base does agree the overall direction is going mostly good, but that doesn't mean all criticisms must stop. For example:

LaFleur: So far I think the players are buying into what he's doing. He and Rodgers appear to be working great together despite what fake news analysts and their cult followers like @gbgary say. But that doesn't mean he's above criticism for game/clock management and bad challenges. He can and I believe will improve there, but until he does the shoutbox will still have people complaining about it.

Gute: his pros are that he'll tap into free agent and trade deals in talent acquisition. He also is so far sending a message to some of Ted's raddy picks that he's not going to allow them to stink out there without consequences, another big plus. I'm just not crazy about his draft strategy because I think he's got it backward. He needs to be drafting under the philosophy that the best defense is the best offense because Superbowl history has proven this.
Did you happen to catch any of the games since 2011? Just curious.

Giants? No, they didn't have a defense...
Baltimore? Same.
Seattle? Nope.
New England? Hell no.
Denver? Nada
New England? Again, hell no.
Philly? Nope.
New England? Couldn't have. No.

XPack

Cheesehead
Reaction score

So if I had to go out on a limb and hazard a guess...you are not happy? :rolleyes:

Members online

Latest posts