So you guys/gals aren't happy?

greengold

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I’m insanely happy. They did what they needed to do. Phenomenal run blocking improvement. AJ 23 for 107 4 TDs. Phenomenal run D, Elliott under 65 yds. Did Jason Witten play?

Those were my 3 keys to success, and so many more contributed. Hat’s off to LaFleur & Pettine.

Walking outta DAL with a W is great coaching. Our D was stellar with 3 sacks, 3 TOs... against a highly rated offense & our own O corrected important rushing O issues. STs solid. Nice team WIN top to bottom.

Winning has little to do with Rodgers’ & WRs’ numbers, exclusively. It has to do with exploiting weaknesses. Great team win with zero personal ego.

Last edited:

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Over reactive, this was our first real test. Against quality teams, we won't be able to run, as usual, won't be able to stop the run, as usual. AR will bail us out of a few, we'll make the playoffs, and get smoked, as usual. 2 HOF QB's and 3 SB's to show for it in almost 30 years. Besides the 49er's who has had back to back QB's like we have? And how many SB's did they get to?
I think they ran fine yesterday....and AR didn't even throw a td and we scored 34. Our Def still has issues but offense is coming along fine

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score
Thrilled! A 10 point win on the road against a team many think is one of the best in the NFC is a great win no matter how you slice it. Excellent O-line play and excellent RB gets the studs of the day for me. Right now by all appearances we are in the drivers seat in our division. Lot of our younger inexperienced players getting valuable playing time too. Things are looking good.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think they ran fine yesterday....and AR didn't even throw a td and we scored 34. Our Def still has issues but offense is coming along fine
I think a couple of their big plays are less likely to happen if Savage is on the field all day.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Make sure you have your Aaron Jones jersey on! :tup:
and don't forget to wave, it's a friendly gesture...

but on a side, I think he should have been flagged for that, but i'm not clear on how it would have been enforced.

I think it would have been called at the spot, which would have taken away a TD and moved us back to about the 20? Anybody know what the ruling would have been?

JKramer64

Cheesehead
Reaction score
and don't forget to wave, it's a friendly gesture...

but on a side, I think he should have been flagged for that, but i'm not clear on how it would have been enforced.

I think it would have been called at the spot, which would have taken away a TD and moved us back to about the 20? Anybody know what the ruling would have been?
I think the TD would have been allowed and the 15 yd taunting penalty would have been enforced in the kick off.

Packer96

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yes a good win and if we continue to get better we could make it. I think the Cowboys are over rated, like always, they don't know how to finish a game. Still nervous though, I honestly thought our receiving corp would be better this year and not sure they have improved enough. Sorry I judge us against the Pats, I want the SB. I'm not satisfied with " good seasons" that don't end with the trophy. I thought we were good the 15-1 year too and we didn't get the trophy. Sorry at this stage of our QB's career that should be the goal as far as I'm concerned. Making the playoffs isn't enough. OK guys, flame away :)

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think the TD would have been allowed and the 15 yd taunting penalty would have been enforced in the kick off.
You might be right, I can't find anything definitive with a quick search. College says they will nullify the score if in the field of play and enforce foul from there. Best i can find from the NFL is in 2013 after Golden Tate did something similar they were considering making it a spot foul, but I didn't see anything that said they ever changed it. I guess it's always been a dead ball foul in the NFL and the result of the play would count and 15 yards would come after that, so the TD would stand.

Maybe they talked about it during the game, but I had Troy and Joe turned down, but these are rules that would be good to talk about when they happen, as most fans probably have an idea, but don't know the rule. I didn't, but I don't set a high bar.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
You might be right, I can't find anything definitive with a quick search. College says they will nullify the score if in the field of play and enforce foul from there. Best i can find from the NFL is in 2013 after Golden Tate did something similar they were considering making it a spot foul, but I didn't see anything that said they ever changed it. I guess it's always been a dead ball foul in the NFL and the result of the play would count and 15 yards would come after that, so the TD would stand.

Maybe they talked about it during the game, but I had Troy and Joe turned down, but these are rules that would be good to talk about when they happen, as most fans probably have an idea, but don't know the rule. I didn't, but I don't set a high bar.

I'm late to the discussion. But if you are talking about Aaron Jones waving at Byron Jones as he was running for a TD, he could have been flagged for that AND the TD would not have counted, since it wasn't a dead ball foul.

It probably won't happen again. As Jones was coming to the sidelines, MLF let him know that it wasn't something he should be doing and why.

https://www.packersnews.com/story/s...-told-not-wave-good-bye-defenders/3912914002/

D

Deleted member 6794

I'm late to the discussion. But if you are talking about Aaron Jones waving at Byron Jones as he was running for a TD, he could have been flagged for that AND the TD would not have counted, since it wasn't a dead ball foul.

It probably won't happen again. As Jones was coming to the sidelines, MLF let him know that it wasn't something he should be doing and why.

https://www.packersnews.com/story/s...-told-not-wave-good-bye-defenders/3912914002/

No, here's rule 14, section 4, article 9 of the rule book:

A Dead Ball Foul is a foul that occurs in the continuing action after a down ends, or a taunting foul that occurs at any time. The penalty for a Dead Ball Foul is enforced from the succeeding spot, and the down counts.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
No, here's rule 14, section 4, article 9 of the rule book:

A Dead Ball Foul is a foul that occurs in the continuing action after a down ends, or a taunting foul that occurs at any time. The penalty for a Dead Ball Foul is enforced from the succeeding spot, and the down counts.

Good info, thanks. I guess MLF was just giving Jones the business about losing a TD if a taunting penalty is called.

Packer96

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Why do people always attach this when they say stupid shit?
What was stupid? Were we not 15-1 and not make the SB? Aren't the Cowboys always over rated and dysfunctional? Has our receiving corp honestly shown great improvement over last year? Don't like judging against the Pats? To be the Champ you have to beat the Champ, like it or not they are the Champ. Tired of just making the playoffs with HOF QB's. Being above avg. and beating lower talent teams doesn't get me excited anymore. The Saints, Rams, Seattle, Chiefs, Pats, and Eagles stand in the way of our trophy, I get excited when we beat that quality of team.

Reaction score
Make sure you have your Aaron Jones jersey on! :tup:
Poker. I watched that first half celebrating my daughters Bday 20 miles from Dallas. We had about 15 people at the party. About half of them were Dallas fans, plus some indifferent to sports and my Brother n I. My brother Bob kept going “we drew first blood! “First blood baby!” I kinda tried to hide because it was a disaster for them and I don’t like rubbing it in. Us Packer fans have been there and recently. But underneath I was smiling ear to ear. We kicked their tail feathers and I had to leave at halftime. It was a brutal beat down that 1st half.. I knew we were good and better than they expected.. but we humiliated Dallas and even I didn’t expect that start. The last play on my way out the door they shanked a FG. I was like Byyyye! I’m outa here. Lol

we’re not even peaking yet. We could get really good if God willing, we remain healthy.

Last edited:

PackerfaninCarolina

Cheesehead
Reaction score
What was stupid? Were we not 15-1 and not make the SB? Aren't the Cowboys always over rated and dysfunctional? Has our receiving corp honestly shown great improvement over last year? Don't like judging against the Pats? To be the Champ you have to beat the Champ, like it or not they are the Champ. Tired of just making the playoffs with HOF QB's. Being above avg. and beating lower talent teams doesn't get me excited anymore. The Saints, Rams, Seattle, Chiefs, Pats, and Eagles stand in the way of our trophy, I get excited when we beat that quality of team.

Lol, last I checked, both the Pats and Chiefs cannot make the SB, and funny how you mention the Rams who are a game behind us but leave out the 49ers lol.

Reaction score
To be the Champ you have to beat the Champ, like it or not they are the Champ
That is absolutely true. That said, watching the game last night the Giants self imploded, yet they were still driving down the field well into the 4th quarter to tie the game. The Giants D played good until the mid 4th quarter.
20 minutes of Giants, Daniel Jones led Offense wouldn’t win against the 40 minutes of any team this season. Total domination of the clock.
I honestly felt like GB would’ve beat NE last night, unless we suffered a total meltdown. Just my Opinion.

Last edited:
Reaction score
That is absolutely true. That said, watching the game last night the Giants self imploded, yet they were still driving down the field well into the 4th quarter to tie the game. The Giants D played good until the mid 4th quarter.
20 minutes of Giants, Jones led Offense wouldn’t win against 30 of the teams in this league.
I honestly felt like GB would’ve beat NE last night, unless a total meltdown. Just my Opinion.

Yep, that game could of been won if it weren't for the turn overs.
I was also surprised the Giants hung in there right up to the end.

I'm still on the fence about the Patriots.
They got to be something right to be winning all these games,
but Gezzz, I can't believe their on their way to another SB.

Reaction score
Yep, that game could of been won if it weren't for the turn overs.
I was also surprised the Giants hung in there right up to the end.

I'm still on the fence about the Patriots.
They got to be something right to be winning all these games,
but Gezzz, I can't believe their on their way to another SB.
That Julian Edelman is a crafty receiver. He would just float over the LBs on those short crossing routes and tore them up.

PackerfaninCarolina

Cheesehead
Reaction score
20 minutes of Giants, Daniel Jones led Offense wouldn’t win against the 40 minutes of any team this season. Total domination of the clock.
I honestly felt like GB would’ve beat NE last night, unless we suffered a total meltdown. Just my Opinion.

Well at least when they're missing Barkley, Shepherd, Engram and all their key weapons. My only concern with us playing the Pats would be special teams because out of all the phases of our team, that does seem to be the one that we can never seem to quite fix completely.

But I think one thing about our team is Rodgers wouldn't allow our team to just play it safe against the Pats. That approach is why the Rams and Falcons lost, and why I believe we'd take the opposite with more risks.

Members online

Latest posts