So who screwed up?

Sanguine camper

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Don't want to see Najee Harris anytime soon. He is a load who could send much of the defense to the hospital.

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I know the pass was for Davante but I guess Cobb didn't. Hard for me to blame him.

Reaction score
Luckily Cobb did enough to erase that play and it didn’t affect the outcome. We buy ourselves another week to get healthy.

BrokenArrow

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Don't want to see Najee Harris anytime soon. He is a load who could send much of the defense to the hospital.
By the time we play the Steelers again he'll be washed up. Tomlin is known for running his backs right into the ground. Steelers RBs have short careers. He'll be on the decline by his fourth season.

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score
Nice defense by Cobb on the pass to Adams. If Alexander misses time maybe we can put Cobb in at corner instead of King.
Someone must have been at the wrong depth. I find it hard to believe that a designed play would have two receivers that close together.

mradtke66

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It looked like both veteran receivers made the same sight adjustment that Rodgers did. Unfortunately, the we’re on the same side of the formation and it got weird.

Since it didn’t hurt us in the end, I can laugh at the absurdity of how it played out.

Pugger

Cheesehead
Reaction score
By the time we play the Steelers again he'll be washed up. Tomlin is known for running his backs right into the ground. Steelers RBs have short careers. He'll be on the decline by his fourth season.
I seriously doubt Tomlin will be around after this season.

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
Most NFL RB's aren't on top more than 4 years. The handful that do are the ones in discussion for Canton.

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Why? I haven't seen his coaching slip. The GM was unwilling to push out their beloved veteran QB and has not put a good OL together. That doesn't appear to be Tomlin's fault.

That said, I am an unabashed Tomlin fan. I watched him as the defensive coordinator in 2006 for Minnesota. Thank goodness the Vikings were too dumb to keep him over Brad Childress.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Tomlin isn't going anywhere. Their team isn't great, they are old and done at the most important position on the field. They fought hard to the end. He's a good coach

Arod2gjdd

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Too many route designs with receivers in the same area this year. This should almost never happen and needs to be addressed.

swhitset

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Steelers organization is very loyal to its coaches. While it’s possible they elect to move on from Tomlin, It would not surprise me at all if they stick with him.

BrokenArrow

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Most NFL RB's aren't on top more than 4 years. The handful that do are the ones in discussion for Canton.
It's not so much a function of time as it is of carries. Most RBs start to decline around 1000 carries or so. Tomlin tends to use those up very quickly. It's why most teams to a RB "by committee" thing anymore.

lambeaulambo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If they fire Tomlin, the pack should scoop him up as DC immediately, but I know he will be a HC elsewhere within days of being relieved.

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score
There is a lot of stability in the Steelers organization. They are very comfortable with who they are and always ready to play you tough. I respect that.

G0P4ckG0

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I would love to have Tomlin as our coach if we didn't have MLF. He's right behind Reid, Payton, Belichick, MLF in my rankings

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts