So what's wrong with AJ Hawk

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
My gf likes him.
Probably because of his personality or his looks. Or maybe the way he plays.
I think he's a decent player.
And the coaches must think so as well to keep him and have him be a starter.
He did get an INT during a game last year.
He must be doing something right to be on an NFL team. Right?
So why all the critisicsm?
And is there anybody who does like him?
Discuss.
:smile2:

Murgen

MechaPackzilla
Reaction score
I'll take a stab at it.

He was a 1st rounder who turned out to be average run/blitz LB, but can't cover very well and makes mistakes (like in the Browns preseason opener when he gave up an easy TD).

I think people expected more out of a 1st round guy.

PackAttackUK

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I like AJ, but I liked him before he was a Packer.

He gets stick because he hasn't lived up to his #5th pick status. Although he is a very steady player, and he ALWAYS contributes, sometimes that just isn't enough to please..

jkrelt

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Murgen is right. As a 5th overall pick you expect a game changer who makes your defense better just by being on the field, like urlacher/lewis. He has started every game he has been healthy for, and has been above average against the run, but is far below average against the pass. He is still a good/decent starter and should be for a while, but he is not looking like the game changer/ perennial pro bowler we expected when he came out of ohio st. We now enter his contract year...so maybe that will light a fire under his butt-who knows?

My wife likes his looks too... wtf?

armand34

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hawk is a gym rat and a hard worker, a leader, but we haven't really been that good on defense until recently, so we should see our D hit a highpoint here, and just maybe Hawk will standout some this season.

bad93ex

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He just has a really really hard time covering TE's. Do you think that he could cover Finley?

armand34

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I can think of 3 safeties and like 3 backers that could cover Finley, Rolle & a healthy Ed Reed & Polamalu, and Urlacker, Willis, Beason

G0PackG0

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The entire first team D needed there butts kicked after that browns game. was not a good way to start my vacation..

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I expected to get Patrick Willis, not someone who looks lost on the field and always a step or two short. As far as that INT goes it was a gift from the football gods, anyone could have caught that. Could be worse we could have ended up with Reggie Bush if we lost that last game I think. Even more of a disappointment.

armand34

Cheesehead
Reaction score
the interception againt the ravens when he was covering heap wasn't bad, but heap isn't exactly a quick TE, patrick willis would be a dream come true

Latest posts