So what do the Packers need to do to get this turned around?

ORRELSE

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Re: So what do the Packers need to do to get this turned aro

TOPackerFan said:
ORRELSE, it looked to me like Little charged through the line well after the play fake when it was quite obvious that the play was not a run, given that there was no RB anywhere near Dilfer. Based on that, I thought Little was wrong to go after Dilfer when Kampman already had containment on him and that Little should have dropped back into coverage. I could be wrong about the timing, but that was what the play looked like to me.

I went back and watched the play. Little was definitely near the line of scrimmage probably keyed on Dilfer in case of a rollout, or up there to provide run support for somethign outside. Manning (54) was definitely responsible for the TE but bit on the play fake and lost his coverage on the TE. That is pretty much his only responsibility on that play and mucked it up BAD. Barnett bit on the fake too but he never would have got over in time anyway.
To me, it looks like Little did his job correctly. I'm not a coach so I can't say for sure.

TOPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Neither am I a coach and I'm going from a beer clouded memory of the play (I deleted it from my Tivo immediately after the game) so I could be totally wrong. All I know is someone was horribly out of position on that play. It could have been Little, Manning or both.

HatestheEagles084

Cheesehead
Reaction score

our defense has been, i dont wanna say a pleasant surprise, but better than expected, minus the two long pass plays to heiden and edwards, they did well (minus those two plays...dilfer is under 200 yards).

we just need to put it all together...make them work harder, make them run 13 play drives, i dont wanna see anymore 80 yard bombs to the tight end. NO PENALTIES! another thing, someone get to the QB, i remember one hard hit on dilfer yesterday, other than that a 30-something QB had presence of the pocket, uncontested.

I could type a novel on what's wrong with this offense, but its simple...whatever you did yesterday and last week, DONT DO IT ANYMORE, throw the ball around, have ahman green in there on 3rd downs...pound the ball with najeh, as effective as that was for about 3 plays yesterday...the bucs are 2-0, but a very hollow 2-0, maybe (as evidenced last year) this team just needs to have its back against a wall to get down to business...its time to see what this team is made of (of course i said that prior to playing cleveland...

Members online

Latest posts