So Training Wheels... Let's hear the excuses

Bruce

Cheesehead
Reaction score
or is it Buck, Buk, Bukk, Buukkkkkkk, like usual.

You sure would have been in here clucking had the Packers lost

Obi1

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I say REJOICE Chase/Steal Wheels! Packers are on pace to win the superbowl!!!....RIGHT?

Chamuko

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hey Brother Bruce I really would love to hear Chase, SW, adn 66 excuses today !!!

My only excuse is "Winning is good, and winning whit good will is Great "

I liked what I saw and I am happy so far !!!! :twisted: :wink:

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
arrowgargantuan said:
PackerChick said:
SlickVision said:
Well lets not get cocky now, it was only a meaningless pre season game...

:lol:
There is more meaning than you think.

dont be afraid to expand on your thoughts there packerchick...im always scratching my head after i read your posts.

No joke, there's absolutely NO meaning to the Pre Season, merely coinccidence that is all.

People you can not seriously stake a claim at being a fan if you think a game in which no one worthy of note keeps track of nor does it have any pertaince to getting into the playoffs.

I used to argue this with my father when I was younger, turns out dad was right the Pre Season is meaningless. I however being young an naive thought different and had to face the facts that the old man was right and I was wrong, now its your turn to do the same. It is nothing but a coincidence and nothing more.

Raider Pride

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Slick,

I beg to differ. Now I am not saying that you or your father were wrong, but just expand your thoughts on how a preseason game has meaning and the results of such game can have direct results on a teams future.

I would say the Bears pre-season game yesterday will have meaning to the Bears season. It was an injury, but a devistating injury that came as the result of the game and perhaps even a missed assignment.

I would say that Brett's performance in a pre-season game with Atlanta meant something. What if he would have impressed the Falcons. The performance in that perseason game changed the way the history of the NFL will be writen.

In the same way that a poor performance or bad break in a NFL pre-season game can have meaning, so can a good or great performance. A game like the game against the chargers will have meaning in a game in October when the Packers are 4th and 4 at the 36 yrd line. Shermans decision go for it, punt, or kick the field goal will be effected by a clutch kick in a pre-season game in August.

Even if the Packers had lost to the Chargers there may have been one defining moment or event in that loss that may have been the catalyst that started the momentum of jelling the offensive line from individuals into a unit.

It is of my opinon that the Pre-season has meaning. Some times we may not see it, and some times we will be able to look back and say something like; "Ever since he made that hit in the pre-season game he has confidence and is a different player."

Think of it this way....

When Rembrandt painted "Militia Company" in 1652.... Was it his brush stroke that made it a great painting? Or was it the way he mixed his colors before he began painting?

RP

PWT36

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Raider pride-Wow!! Rembrandt painted"miilitia company" in 1652. Was it his brush stroke or the way he mixed the paints that made it a great painting. Could it be, because he died. it seems all artists who create something, have to die first before their work is decided that it is great! And you tie it with the value of NFL Exhibition game (excuse me A NFL preseason game my age is showing) That is amazing and you did it on packers news forum. You are a unique poster on this forum. May I look forward to feature football postings with educational twist to them. I really need a little education once and a while to keep the old brain functioning. It has been 1960 since I have been in college classroom. And the last book I read was a classic one called "Lambeau" like in Lambeau Field. I guess, I just had to comment on your Rembrandt posting. And you being a Raider fan" too!! You aren't my impression of a Raider fan. It just proves that "you can't judge a book by its cover."

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
PreSeason merely gives a mild at best suggestion of how the team will fair. Do you not recall teams that have went 6-0 and failed to miss the play offs? Those were games that count!!

Can you show me where it states your placement in the playoff's are dependant on your pre season record in the NFL rules? If not then I am afraid you have no case once so ever.

OP
OP
B

Bruce

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Calling all Chicken Littles... buk bukk, buck, buuccckk!

SlickVision said:
PreSeason merely gives a mild at best suggestion of how the team will fair. Do you not recall teams that have went 6-0 and failed to miss the play offs? Those were games that count!!

Can you show me where it states your placement in the playoff's are dependant on your pre season record in the NFL rules? If not then I am afraid you have no case once so ever.

Slick: There are two reasons that this is a worthwhile thread in regards to training wheels.

1.) Had the Packers lost, like he was forecasting, he would have brought forth statistics about how meaningful Preseason games are and how they are accurate predictors of the upcoming season. You should have heard him last preseason when the Pack lost.

2.) He threw down the gauntlet with his excuses threads preceding the San Diego game.

Generally, I agree with you regarding preseason games, but a team always hates to lose at home -- even in the preseason. And for a first outing for a newly installed defense they played pretty well. Beyond that you cannot draw a whole lot other than -- training wheels is a cowardly blowhard who would be hear clucking had the Packers lost.

PackerChick

Cheesehead
Reaction score
arrowgargantuan said:
PackerChick said:
SlickVision said:
Well lets not get cocky now, it was only a meaningless pre season game...

:lol:
There is more meaning than you think.

dont be afraid to expand on your thoughts there packerchick...im always scratching my head after i read your posts.

so sorry arrow. preseason is simply the barometer of the season to come. i believe we could use a little work. rodgers needs a little time. at least walker caved in and came to play.

Lare

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Preseason games are meaningful in that they allow teams to develop and assess talent. For the most part the outcome is irrelevant, however it never hurts to instill a sense of winning.

arrowgargantuan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Lare said:
Preseason games are meaningful in that they allow teams to develop and assess talent. For the most part the outcome is irrelevant, however it never hurts to instill a sense of winning.

simple...but this sums up preseason excellently.

Staff online

Members online

Latest posts