So the USFL is coming back?

Team Ronny

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Topless cheerleaders is the only thing I can think of that would generate enough interest to maybe keep this around.
I just mean they will have to come up with gimmicks to bring in and hold our interest.
Make it a 300 yard field and they only get two downs and first down is 20 yards.
I think by then we are done with football and move on to baseball and other warm weather sports.
Bottomless, and ratings through the roof!

sschind

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Don't most top level female athletes have centerfold quality bodies? Outside of the Williams sisters of course. That's why volleyball and other minor sports have such little material in their unis, to get old pervs like us to watch.
I almost replied as soon as I read your first sentence. Your second sentence made that unnecessary. As far as uniforms go they wear them like that because they are comfortable :rolleyes:

lambeaulambo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Not afraid to admit Im a hawks fan absolutely hard core. lol...Milwaukee makes the Admirals an NHL instead of an AHL team...I'd be down.

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I grew up on the north side of Milwaukee. I never in my life saw anyone play hockey, anywhere. The only school that had a sheet of ice was the private school. Our mother tried to teach her three boys how to skate - with figure skates - which was an outright failure. When I was in HS, I went to one or two Admirals game because it was cheap and you could sneak in a few beers.

At 18 I moved to Minnesota for school. The entire state is hockey crazy. The entire state focuses on the highschool hockey tournament each spring. Every school has a team. Most city lakes and ponds have rinks on them. They just held the annual Pond Hockey tournament. Go to the rural areas and they live and breath hockey. There is a reason all of the Minnesota colleges are tops in hockey, it's just the thing here. Minnesota hockey is no joke. Now their football team....

Krabs

I take offense to that sir.
Reaction score
I believe for another professional football team to work they have to think about it geographically. Keep in mind I'm merely a keyboard warrior and really have no idea. Just my thoughts here. If they were to take college players that do not make the NFL but still want to play have them stay local. For example, say that Mertz works out for the Badgers and the fan base turns and eventually likes him. He's not good enough for the NFL, but everyone knows him and could get behind cheering for him playing for their local team. I think if the teams had more of a local touch with players they already knew they would at least get fans to come to the stadiums. Obviously, getting on TV is the most important thing.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
Finally!

If the USFL does nothing but introduce this technology to the NFL, I will consider them a success. I've been talking about doing this for years. Refs spotting the ball incorrectly has always been a pet peeve of mine, let's hope this solves that problem and speeds up the game.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Packers might be able to find some players in the USFL. I kind of like a TE and WR for the Generals. Braedon Bowman a 6' 4" TE gets open and makes catches and WR Randy Satterfield looks legit. Of course, most of these guys were working odd jobs before reporting to the USFL, so really hard to judge the talent.

Pkrjones

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Packers might be able to find some players in the USFL. I kind of like a TE and WR for the Generals. Braedon Bowman a 6' 4" TE gets open and makes catches and WR Randy Satterfield looks legit. Of course, most of these guys were working odd jobs before reporting to the USFL, so really hard to judge the talent.
Watched the first half, wasn't thrilled with the technical gimmicks they used. The helmet cam may have been a good idea, but practically was like tying a Go-Pro to a cat's tail...nothing useable was seen. FYI TE Bowman is 28 yrs old :( . Was impressed with KO coverage speed of CB Bryan Mills (#21-Birmingham)...but he is 6'-1", 174, and ran a 4.43 in JUCO.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
FYI TE Bowman is 28 yrs old :( .
Right. There seemed to be quite a few "old guys" out there. Bowman was a guy that definitely spent some time in the NFL, at least on practice squads. I just thought both he and Satterfield looked better than the other guys. Doesn't mean they would do much in the NFL. One of the QB's, I think for the Stallions, he was awful!

Reaction score
Watched some of the Houston game. I’m more surprised with the meager $$ they make for that punishment. Great opportunity to be seen, but it’s more doing what they love. There was no shortage of big hits by the Defense. Ouch!

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Watched the first half, wasn't thrilled with the technical gimmicks they used. The helmet cam may have been a good idea, but practically was like tying a Go-Pro to a cat's tail...nothing useable was seen. FYI TE Bowman is 28 yrs old :( . Was impressed with KO coverage speed of CB Bryan Mills (#21-Birmingham)...but he is 6'-1", 174, and ran a 4.43 in JUCO.

Mills was my small school favorite DB candidate many will remember me LOVING. North Carolina Central candidate that tried his luck after going undrafted with the Seahawks and then I believe the Browns.

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score
Mills was my small school favorite DB candidate many will remember me LOVING. North Carolina Central candidate that tried his luck after going undrafted with the Seahawks and then I believe the Browns.
I think I was on that train too! I'm pretty sure he was on my Amish draft list. Must be an awesome CB eh?!

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think I was on that train too! I'm pretty sure he was on my Amish draft list. Must be an awesome CB eh?!

he was a late round flyer with a lot of athleticism from a small HBCU...he is still on some NFL radars for sure.

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
The drones flying around are distracting when they cross the screen.

Watching a game now. As the teams play together I would hope the play improves. It's like watching the 2nd half of the last preseason NFL game at this point.

Pkrjones

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Watching a replay of the NO-Philadelphia USFL game from yesterday...the crowd had to be only 300-400!! They need to get fans in the seats or the league won't last long. :(

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Watching a replay of the NO-Philadelphia USFL game from yesterday...the crowd had to be only 300-400!! They need to get fans in the seats or the league won't last long. :(
What's crazy to me is that the USFL plans to play all of its games in Birmingham, Alabama, with games at Protective Stadium and Legion Field this season. WTF would New Jersey fans travel for that? Even worse, just how many USFL games do the citizens of Birmingham want to attend?

Pkrjones

Cheesehead
Reaction score
What's crazy to me is that the USFL plans to play all of its games in Birmingham, Alabama, with games at Protective Stadium and Legion Field this season. WTF would New Jersey fans travel for that? Even worse, just how many USFL games do the citizens of Birmingham want to attend?
I understand the league trying to minimize costs by playing all games there...but you're right. There's absolutely no allegiance to any teams or reason for anyone to travel to watch games. Maybe it's up to bars & travel agencies to creat "party buses" to arrange reduced-price party weekends to Birmingham? $400 includes bus, game ticket, one night hotel, and all the beer you can drink in 36 hours? ;)

Last edited:

Members online

Latest posts