So now that Brady was named offensive POY...

VersusTheMoose

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Brady will win it for the 2nd time come Saturday. As much as I dislike the Patriots and their fans, he deserves it.

TheSnowPlow

Driving Don Shula Crazy
Reaction score
They should give it to someone who hasn't won it and actually did something in the playoffs this year.

I would agree, if it was not a "regular season" award. The Playoffs are not in the criteria for that.

I also, for the record, see Rodgers having just as much success as Brady has had over the years. Rodgers will be MVP a few times before he's done.

SoCalPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Pretty sure Brady will be getting MVP. As much as it pains me to say it but he deserves it

lambeausouth

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I've always had an issue with these awards being voted on before the entire season was played out.

Would a film critic give his grade with half an hour left in the movie? Would the New York Times write a review about a book their critic hadn't finished? Why then are votes for MVP, DPOY, OPOY, etc handed in before the ultimate goal is realized by one team?

Brady compiled mind boggling numbers in the regular season. Yet he's watching the Super Bowl on TV along with the players of 29 other teams, partly because he performed so poorly in his last game.

Aaron Rodgers, as an example, has elevated his play in the postseason. His numbers weren't outstanding in the Bears game, but taken as a whole, Aaron's postseason would no doubt increase his chances at winning a top tier award like MVP.

I think the votes should be submitted after the Super Bowl, and announced at the Pro Bowl one week later.

BadKarma

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I've always had an issue with these awards being voted on before the entire season was played out.

Would a film critic give his grade with half an hour left in the movie? Would the New York Times write a review about a book their critic hadn't finished? Why then are votes for MVP, DPOY, OPOY, etc handed in before the ultimate goal is realized by one team?

Brady compiled mind boggling numbers in the regular season. Yet he's watching the Super Bowl on TV along with the players of 29 other teams, partly because he performed so poorly in his last game.

Aaron Rodgers, as an example, has elevated his play in the postseason. His numbers weren't outstanding in the Bears game, but taken as a whole, Aaron's postseason would no doubt increase his chances at winning a top tier award like MVP.

I think the votes should be submitted after the Super Bowl, and announced at the Pro Bowl one week later.
Convincing argument. I concur.

Claymaker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Brady is a no-brainer. That NE team was pretty lousy outside of him. 30 TDs and 4 INTS. Think about how crazy that is. Their defense sucked, but made many big turnover plays. They were very much like the Saints last year with the turnovers, except they also gave up a ton of yards. They have no big play makers on offense with Moss gone. Welker is a nice possession receiver but not a game changer. Same for Deion Branch.

They have a ton of high picks this next draft if they get a gamebreaking player at WR and some help at the LB position they could be really good for the next 3-4 seasons.

OP
OP
Rodgers in the House
Reaction score
I do have to admit the Patriots will always be a presence in the playoffs. The Jets windows was good for 2 seasons and that's it.

TheSnowPlow

Driving Don Shula Crazy
Reaction score
Could be worse - could have been Ben Fingerberger or the dog-killer...

TheSnowPlow

Driving Don Shula Crazy
Reaction score
I don't think Ben will ever see MVP after everything that has transpired. Nor will Vick for that matter.

I think what has irritated a lot of people is tbat those two had good seasons, so therefore they "have transformed" into "better people" etc. As if how well you play a ball game dictates a person's character. Unreal.

Staff online

Members online

Latest posts