So now that Brady was named offensive POY...

LombardiChick

Win or lose, I love this team.
Reaction score
I will say this for Brady. (Talking about the MVP.)

There are a lot of bad people in the NFL who have a lot of talent and are tolerated because of it. I would rather a guy who puts up amazing numbers, carries his team on his back, and seems to be a very decent guy get it instead of someone who thinks murdering dogs is "funny".

It still could go to the latter. I think that would completely suck.

As for his toughness, he played that last game with a broken foot, which no one knew about until after it was over, as I understand it (I don't know precisely when he broke it - could have been during the game).

I think, in part, people dislike him because he's largely a private guy. They don't feel like they know him (as opposed to a Peyton Manning, who, because of his funny commercials feels like a kind of "buddy" to a lot of us), but I went to his site once for some reason and saw some videos he did for a charity he works on (I think that's where I saw them) - and he seems to be a pretty warm, generous person. He was with a little disabled girl - might have been outtakes - and he came across as a very, very nice guy.

He has also publicly stated that he thinks this award has turned into sort of a quarterbacks award, but this is a team sport, and he thinks it doesn't give enough credit to others.

Michael Vick said if he had a vote, he'd vote for himself.

I'd just as soon see it go to a talented guy who isn't a complete ( i ), so I'm fine with Brady getting it. The only thing better for me personally would be Rodgers, but I think he'll get his chance - and maybe we'll see him earn a Super Bowl MVP anyway.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts