So, in the end, who would you rather have?

Who would you rather have?

• Rodgers for the next 10 years

Votes: 33 71.7%
  • Favre for the next 2

Votes: 13 28.3%

• Total voters

angryguy77

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Blame the defense for the Philly game..but when it comes to the Vikings this year its all Rodgers, right?

Face it..No matter what---it will never be Brett's fault for a lot of losses in his career..Even tho he has played major roles in those losses..It will always fall on other parts of the team..

but now it seems those same people that defended Brett for his stink bombs are fast to blame Rodgers for even less reasons for losses

No. I never said it was ALL Rodgers fault, but that he seems to get big pass from a lot of fans for numerous reasons. I never said Favre never cost them games either, he had his share like EVERY OTHER QB THAT HAS PLAYED THE GAME. But there seems to be a large number of people that want to revise history and take away from his time here because their ******* are in a bind over him being a Viking. I hear a lot of "only 1 sb" and it sickens me really. Many of the people that say these things are hypocrites because they would be the first to defend him if his helemt had a G on it. Now I'm not saying you are one of these people LT, so before you go all caps crazy know that.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
I didn't even have to squint to read that post. I think you peeded him off alittle. That was some good forum jawing.

Quin didnt do it..

It was Jeff or pack66 or who ever he is..

If he really is pack66...that guy has been banned on forums he and I were a part of..

People like him can't stand the fact that there are FANS that can and do say Brett screwed up and caused a loss...The only way to rationalize that their hero has faults is to label those people haters..

That is a huge issue I have..

Brett supporters are NOT allowed to say he had a bad game, or did something that cause a game to be lost..

Case in point...

Philly game 07..Brett. on the final drive Brett handed ball off 2 times, then a kneel down get the fg attempt..and Mason hits the 42 yarder for the win..but hit a 53 yarder in 1st q too

Last year those same people that give credit to Brett for the Philly game place the entire Minny loss last year on Rodgers..

Even tho Rodgers had 22 yards passing on the final drive and then Crosby missed a 52 yarder at the end..

that is the **** that just ticks me off to no end..

The double standard is so damn tilted its not even funny..Always has been and always will be...

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
No. I never said it was ALL Rodgers fault, but that he seems to get big pass from a lot of fans for numerous reasons. I never said Favre never cost them games either, he had his share like EVERY OTHER QB THAT HAS PLAYED THE GAME. But there seems to be a large number of people that want to revise history and take away from his time here because their ******* are in a bind over him being a Viking. I hear a lot of "only 1 sb" and it sickens me really. Many of the people that say these things are hypocrites because they would be the first to defend him if his helemt had a G on it. Now I'm not saying you are one of these people LT, so before you go all caps crazy know that.

I dont have issues with this at all and I would agree with it 100%

I would say up until 2005 I was one of the people that was constantly defending him..In fact when I was member on his official message board I was sending his pilot information on guys that were bashing Brett left and right.that were on other forums.(Pilot was running his message board)

But after that season and saw how all the "Brett supporters" blamed the 4-12 on everyone else but Brett I had to take a step back and actually see what was happening, and how I was viewing Brett..

and I was sad to say I was one of those people that ALWAYS had an excuse for Brett

Since that 05 season, I have looked at it as objectively as possible and called him a dumb *** when he did dumb *** things..

Just as I called Rodgers a dumb *** in the stands Sunday for not running for a 1st down in the red zone vs the Viks

Packer 007

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Aaron Rodgers, without question. What matters is how they 're-build' around him. The kid's obviously an above average quarterback. They're not a dime a dozen.

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Please show a post where somebody say that Favre wasn't a GREAT qb... Please do. Pointing his flaws is nowhere near saying he was a bad qb.

But if by revise history you mean people rejecting the idea that all the teams he played were bad, and that they only won anything because he was at the helmet, then you're right...

Also, it's not hypocrisis when you cheer for your player, but when he's with the rival, you boo him...

JeffQuery

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Ok, man I get it.

But you never see when I say that Favre screwed some games up. Hell..even Favre said he screwed them up....But on avg. he SAVED more games then he screwed up. That's the point. But some people (not you, necessarily LT) love to just blame FAVRE for EVERYTHING..and that gets my goat...

and man..that was some mighty BIG FONT!

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Ok, man I get it.

But you never see when I say that Favre screwed some games up. Hell..even Favre said he screwed them up....But on avg. he SAVED more games then he screwed up. That's the point. But some people (not you, necessarily LT) love to just blame FAVRE for EVERYTHING..and that gets my goat...

and man..that was some mighty BIG FONT!

Well then we both have issues..Seems like we only saw what we wanted to see

And it does seem like he did win more then he lost..In REGULAR season..

I think the big intercession issue isnt from regular season, but from the playoffs

RobsPics

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Seriously thats a crazy argument..

Years that Wolf drafted q/b...You could say why in the hell did he draft any then?....cuz of Brett's caliber and the ability to play through ANYTHING you dont draft q/b in those times at all

It made more sense to draft a q.b in 05 or 06 because leading up to the draft you had no idea if Brett was playing or not.

What I meant was why draft Rodgers with the intention of starting him? Wolf drafted QB's but never had the intention of starting them unless there was a serious injury to Brett or what not. They were backups or possible trade bait.

Packer's should have drafted to support Favre, not replace him.

ThinkICare

Cheesehead
Reaction score
So RobsPics, you're going to seriously say that you thought Favre would still be around after all this time? It made absolute sense to draft a future franchise QB and groom him.

RobsPics

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Also, it's not hypocrisis when you cheer for your player, but when he's with the rival, you boo him...

...not to mention the fake funeral, the vulgar language t-shirts and signs, and the Mayor giving his 4 welcome back "tributes"

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
...not to mention the fake funeral, the vulgar language t-shirts and signs, and the Mayor giving his 4 welcome back "tributes"
That was not on the question... some people will say that it's much more than classless to abandon your team and go play with the rivals, but nobody brought that up.

And about your other post, do you really think it's the same deal when Wolf had a 25 year old qb and drafted others to be his backup, and when Thompson had a 37 year old QB???

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
What I meant was why draft Rodgers with the intention of starting him? Wolf drafted QB's but never had the intention of starting them unless there was a serious injury to Brett or what not. They were backups or possible trade bait.

Packer's should have drafted to support Favre, not replace him.

Now your only drafting players to be back ups?

In 05 how sure were you (or the team that) Brett was coming back?

I can see it now...They never really draft a competent replacement for Brett and he does retire as he did last year and the "fans" ***** about Ted for the fact there was no replacement for Brett

Would never win.

You have no idea when Brett was going to say I am done..so when you get a chance ( in THEIR EYES not mine) get a chance to draft a guy you firmly think is going to be a very good q/b you pass on him?

Face it, no matter how many screw ups Ted had, doing that with Rodgers was the right move

I think EVERY expert would agree to that...The only ones I see disagreeing are the Brett only fans

Skol guy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
that is just team spirit! get over it. It made the game fun and very populer and the mayor went with it. all the packer fans i know are good fans and what do you expect to unfold with Brett Favre wearing purple? I thought it was pretty funny some of the sighns and stuff. good drama for a game in November with a playoff like setting

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
that is just team spirit! get over it. It made the game fun and very populer and the mayor went with it. all the packer fans i know are good fans and what do you expect to unfold with Brett Favre wearing purple? I thought it was pretty funny some of the sighns and stuff. good drama for a game in November with a playoff like setting

I think the funeral was disgusting and in bad taste..

RobsPics

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Now your only drafting players to be back ups?

In 05 how sure were you (or the team that) Brett was coming back?

I can see it now...They never really draft a competent replacement for Brett and he does retire as he did last year and the "fans" ***** about Ted for the fact there was no replacement for Brett

Would never win.

You have no idea when Brett was going to say I am done..so when you get a chance ( in THEIR EYES not mine) get a chance to draft a guy you firmly think is going to be a very good q/b you pass on him?

Face it, no matter how many screw ups Ted had, doing that with Rodgers was the right move

I think EVERY expert would agree to that...The only ones I see disagreeing are the Brett only fans

Well there's lots of "possibilities" and "theories"...but the fact remains, GB told Favre that "the train has left the station". After all that Favre has given to GB Packers and the community, I personally feel that GB should have reversed that train...even a couple times if Favre had a change of heart. GB owes him at least that much given his history there.

NYPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Honestly I feel so sorry for the Green Bay Packers in general. I'm not talking about Rodgers, Favre, or the front office but the entire team in its entirety. What's going to happen years from now when Rodgers ends up in his 30's and the packers weigh the odds of resigning him? The packers probably will do it with the media coming in and remind the organization about the Favre fiasco. Even after the Rodgers era, any franchise QB that we sign will end up of having being distracted of the risk of the possibility of this team kicking you out after playing with them for years.

Skol guy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Honestly I feel so sorry for the Green Bay Packers in general. I'm not talking about Rodgers, Favre, or the front office but the entire team in its entirety. What's going to happen years from now when Rodgers ends up in his 30's and the packers weigh the odds of resigning him? The packers probably will do it with the media coming in and remind the organization about the Favre fiasco. Even after the Rodgers era, any franchise QB that we sign will end up of having being distracted of the risk of the possibility of this team kicking you out after playing with them for years.
Favre forced the move so its not like favre would commit so i think that is alittle strong as times goes on and a coaching change or two is made it will be the media bringing that stuff up but yeah I hear what your saying. Maybe Aaron Rodgers is not the heir apparent to Brett favre and could this force the packers to put all their apples in Rodgers basket? I think Rodgers is good but he didn't look great today or last week so I bet the Packers take a QB in the next year or two in the 1st round to protect them from Rodgers not being able to take favres spot if that happens.He maybe a legend himself someday but winning is part of that and until he is leading the Packers into the playoffs amd winning there is nothing to argue

SpartaChris

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Rodgers has shown he can play at a high level, so part of me wonders if this is the typical sophomore slump? I mentioned on a different forum last year that I expected this season to be rough for Rodgers for that very reason. Generally new QB's require a couple of years before they start to get consistently good. As has been said before, Peyton manning, John Elway, Brett Favre, Dan Marino, Joe Montana... They weren't legends in the beginning of their careers either. Rodgers still has time.

doughsellz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Rodgers has shown he can play at a high level, so part of me wonders if this is the typical sophomore slump? I mentioned on a different forum last year that I expected this season to be rough for Rodgers for that very reason. Generally new QB's require a couple of years before they start to get consistently good. As has been said before, Peyton manning, John Elway, Brett Favre, Dan Marino, Joe Montana... They weren't legends in the beginning of their careers either. Rodgers still has time.

The time to win is now. You sound like most of the fans from the 70s & 80s. "Wait 'til next year" they'd say. "We'll be unstoppable."

The following stats reflect the rookie season & the 2nd season of each QB.

Peyton Manning's Colts were 3-13 in '98, 13-3 in '99.

Dan Marino's Dolphins were 12-4 in '83, 14-2 in '84 & lost to SF in SBXIX

John Elway's Broncos were 9-7 in '83, 13-3 in '84

Joe Montana's 49ers were 2-14 in '79, 6-10 in '80, 13-3 in '81

Joe Cool didn't play full time until halfway thru the '80 season. Steve DeBerg started every game in '79 & the first several games of '80. Joe's first full season as a starter in '81 ended with a SB win over the Bengals, hooking up with Dwight Clark for "The Catch" in the NFC Championship game to beat DAL.

He accomplished all that with about the same number of starts at QB as Rodgers currently has. I believe that's what you call a legend.

Vgolfmaster

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You are both on the right track, but missing the more important port of this. This debate has never been about Favre -vs- Rodgers. This has been about Favre -vs- Thompson.

What Brett is doing now, is showing Ted that a team built through drafting and free agency can be competitive with him at the helm. And if you think this wasn't Brett's motivation and intention since way back when the retirement talk started, you are sadly mistaken. Brett knew Ted was moving on without him, and chose to prove to him that he was wrong. Brett and Aaron would both be destroyed with this current squad. Unfortunately, Aaron is now paying the price for Ted's bullheadedness.

The good news is this: Brett has won, and the pressure is mounting on Ted. He is now forced to make some changes, or suffer the consequences. You all have Brett to thank for that, although I am sure many will still not see the reality of the situation. Either way, the team improves because of what Brett did. How ironic is that?

I'm guessing that Ted throws members of the coaching staff under the bus to save his own hide, and hope that Packer Nation catches on to what is going on here before it is too late. You train will soon be leaving the station, Ted. Have a safe trip.

And no, Arie Fleischer is not available to save your *** this time, I'm betting even he won't want to touch this situation again, even with a 10 foot pole.

Members online

Latest posts