So Crosby Isn't As Bad As We Think

BorderRivals.com

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Some nerds at MIT prove that we have a really good kicker: http://espn.go.com/blog/nfcnorth/post/_/id/53734/an-adjusted-view-of-mason-crosbys-career

I agree with Seifert's final assessment - namely that the stats don't justify his mid-season slump last season. But it's definitely a very interesting approach (and I find surprising that it hasn't been developed before now).

I still would like to bring in another kicker to at least provide competition. If Crosby eventually wins it, great. But, I think he could use a kick in the butt with some heated competition. Every kick will truly matter then - just like in games.

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm not even going to read the nerds twisting of data.
I've watched Crosby since his first game beating Philly in 2007.
That was the only time he made a do-or-die long FG.

Here's the thing: he gets paid to kick like a top-10 kicker. Not a bottom-feeder.
There were 3 rookies taken on day 3 of the draft last year who were great, and much cheaper.
We need to go that route this year.
Save some $, and get a better kicker.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
He admitted to The Big Unit" Bill Michaels last year he was sick and I think Dec 4th is when he started to feel better

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Funny how popular the Mason Crosby threads were a few months ago.....now crickets.

I still contend that Crosby was mostly miserable from 50+ and while he didn't have a great year, he wasn't far off the mark except on the long ones. I expect more than just a camp kicker this summer. We all expect more than that. There should be legitimate competition fighting for that position. Even so, I think that Crosby will win the battle with whomever tries to take his roster spot.

Oshkoshpackfan

YUT !!!
Reaction score
He admitted to The Big Unit" Bill Michaels last year he was sick and I think Dec 4th is when he started to feel better

LOL...sick? For 6 weeks? WTF did he get HIV or something?

It was a terrible slump that is all. Hell, he looked like he just saw a ghost when MM called his number, even on shorter kicks he looked timid.

Members online

Latest posts