Smith, or Capers?

Harrison McCaslin

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Should the Packers keep Dom Capers, or should they hire a defensive genius in Lovie Smith? Just something to think about. Give me your thoughts.

Alex

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I dunno does Lovie coach the 3-4 defense? If so, I'd take him in a second.

This would be an excellent example of: "If you can't beat 'em, join 'em"

No he doesn't. Bears are the only team to never have run a 3-4 defense according to Wikipedia.

NorthWestCheeseHead

Cheesehead
Reaction score
No he doesn't. Bears are the only team to never have run a 3-4 defense according to Wikipedia.
Unfortunately Wikipedia is not infalible, but I'm inclined to run with it since I don't have intimate knowledge of the entirety of Da Bears' team history.

PWT

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
Of coarse, Lovey Smith will get a Head Coahing job in the NFL.

PackFanNChiTown

Bear Fan's Bane
Reaction score
http://espn.go.com/blog/nfcnorth/print?id=51736

Good read, especially this little nugget:

In short: Defensive coordinator Dom Capers heavily blitzed Ponder in Week 13 but pulled back, especially on third downs, last Sunday. Ponder smoked the Packers on third down in the re-match, and you wonder if Capers will head back in the other direction during Saturday night's wild-card playoff game.

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Neither. How about a guy no ones talking about like Romeo Crennel? was a heck of a defensive coach in New England, who btw did run some 3-4 as well as 4-3. I would like to see this team run some hybrid defenses once in a while.

HyponGrey

Caseus Locutus Est
Reaction score
Neither. How about a guy no ones talking about like Romeo Crennel? was a heck of a defensive coach in New England, who btw did run some 3-4 as well as 4-3. I would like to see this team run some hybrid defenses once in a while.
I like Romeo, think he still could be a quality HC

Members online

Latest posts