Slow-Wits Head better be coming off!

KilrB

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I blame this loss entirely on Slow-wit! It was the ****** defense that allowed the Queens to get up early. It doesnt matter if they played well for 1 quarter, the queens sniffed out there crap scheams in no time and beat them down again!

Favre stunk it up as well dont get me wrong. 2 of those INT's were pathetic. The other 2 were the recievers fault for running the wrong route.

Carrol needs to have his frikin hands chopped off so he quits getting holding calls!

Beat by a bunch of looser Queens on the home field after there star player takes a Crap in there mouth and they jump up begging for more!

This makes me sick!

IPBprez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
KilrB said:
I blame this loss entirely on Slow-wit! It was the ****** defense that allowed the Queens to get up early. It doesnt matter if they played well for 1 quarter, the queens sniffed out there crap scheams in no time and beat them down again!
After those first couple of TD's, Slowik turned that Defense around and the queens started having a real hard time of it.
KilrB said:
Favre stunk it up as well dont get me wrong. 2 of those INT's were pathetic. The other 2 were the recievers fault for running the wrong route.
Agreed - Ya think maybe that thumb of his is the root of his troubles?
I do! Therapy on the off-season should be a must.
KilrB said:
Carrol needs to have his frikin hands chopped off so he quits getting holding calls!
Let's just hold on for a damn minute - did anyone notice the chummy smirks goin' on between that Line Judge and Mike Tice after Carroll got that 2nd call - which was NOT warranted.. let's give the Rookie just a slight bit of slack... on this one, the Packers got screwed by what I feel was a blatant call of favoritism, Carroll had let go of the guy just before he was into the sixth yard from scrimmage.. He had barely stepped past the five yards where you're allowed that kind of contact... THAT Ref was gonna throw that flag no matter what.. the Packers were on the way back... and had to be stopped.
KilrB said:
Beat by a bunch of looser Queens on the home field after there star player takes a Crap in there mouth and they jump up begging for more! This makes me sick!
I won't argue the point - but the Vikings played a better game on Defense than we did. Our WR's just weren't running the routes they practiced, but then that's been going on all season... How many games have we watched where our WR's let the opposing DB's get away with dictating which lanes would be open.... and yet our D can never figure out how to do the same in return...

I'll say this - the Coaching Staff needs a complete overhaul.... if only for one reason.. and that's having what it takes to fire their guys up before a game. Rossley goes first, and on down the line.... The only one I'd keep would be Bonamego and that's it. Tell Sherman to let go of the GM job, or offer to not be coach any more... so we can start right away searching for a new one... it's gotta be one or the other! Without good coaching, you can't have competent players running good plays.... the responsibility has to start somewhere.. you cannot keep blaming the players all the time. Coaching is teaching.. and the dumbing down syndrome has hit the packers hard in the last three or four years pretty good.... and it's been steadily getting worse... It's time for a Charter Schools approach and the under-staff won't be compatible enough to stay!

OP
OP
KilrB

KilrB

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yeah, I noticed the smirks between the refs and Tice. But Carrols been doing this all year and he still kills us with it. Were have you been? On vacation all year ;)

The Defense only played well for 1 Qtr, thats it. They lost the game hands down, no questions about it! If it wasnt for the 3 first score we'd of won the game and they were all from missed tackles and just plain dumb plays. Favre was pressured into trying to make big plays and threw INT's because of it.

The Vikings did not out play the packers for those points, they were handed to them! Vikings D played very well. There offense sucked and Moss should have never been allowed that 1st TD. I dont care what that lame announcer said. He pushed off Harris and should have had Offensive pass interference called on him. The second one was Harris' fault for sure dropping coverage and then couldnt make it up. Not in the least a spectacular play, but maybe the only one they earned all day.

sixone220

Cheesehead
Reaction score
i've said it before and i'll say it again. rookie cbs don't just step into the nfl and take over the first year. i think he had an ok rookie season. if i remember right and i wished i couldn't, carroll was only flagged twice and the one was a horrible call. reminded me of some of the calls the seahawks took.

i think the defense was solid after the first quarter. they still has some terrible tackling but you take away the horrible harris bite on the 2nd moss td and the vikes O was held off the board the 2nd half. and why the hell didn't we come out and play cover 2 all game? it gave the vikes fits the 2nd half x-mas eve.

if only favre had tucked his head at the goaline and not tried flipping it. if he hadn't gotten the first, we prob woulda went on 4th and inches.

arrowgargantuan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
yeah i think carrol had a good year for a rook. especially with the league emphasizing(sp?) that "lets have higher scoring games" rule in his rookie season. i think hes gonna be a good acquisition for us.

ArizonaPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Carroll had some tough moments, but he was tossed into a tough position. Some people wanted to give up on Javon Walker his rookie season too, and he really came around with a couple of years of experience under his belt. I hope Carroll can develop and elevate his game too like Walker did as he gains more experience.

PackFanatic

Cheesehead
Reaction score
looks like we are talking to Bates to be Dc here that would be Grrrreat ! he is a class act and could make some needed changes in our "D" can only hope we are able to fre up some money for some Fa's to help us out

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
You got it PF ... Bates would be a good DC. ...and you hit it on the ol' nugget, our cap situation is the real issue here...very heavily weighted to the offensive side of the ball -- a given in that Brett's salary is in there. Something of an interesting note here, WBAY in Green Bay last night made reference to the fact that 10 of 11 offensive starters were carry overs from Wolf's era and 7 of 11 starters on defense are tied directly to Mike Sherman's era. I didn't investigate that statement, but I suppose it could be true.

I really and truly believe that a concerted effort to establish an NFL calibre defensive line is going to go a long way in moving the Pack back into a 10th, 11th, 12th rated defense. With that, and a Super Bowl offense (still that good if we lose Franks and Wahle), the Pack have a legitimate shot.

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
IPBprez said:
Okay PF, I've looked at several of the regular good web sites...

Where are you hearing this? Show a link to the article...

TC Martin and Johnnie Gray were discussing it last night on The Fan/WDUZ Green Bay as well. I didn't find a link either ... however, Bates ain't gonna be around fer long....

...it should also be noted that Bates had "the horses" in Miami as well.

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
Yeah, I saw that article. Jason Wilde is a good one to follow. The guy is just a good reporter all the way around.

Members online

Latest posts