Sit Clay?

realcaliforniacheese

A-Rods Boss
Reaction score
Looks like Clay has a minor groin injury but is expected to play on Sunday. Should he sit out against the Vikings to make sure it doesn't become a major groin injury? If I was coach, I would dress him but sit him and keep him available in case he was needed but I don't know if I'd start him. How would you handle it?
Doubt they would play him if there were a significant risk of worsening his groin. This is the NFL, you play hurt. We are in a race to the end with the Lions. This is no gimme game. This is a division game with huge tiebreaker implications.

D

Deleted member 6794

Matthews practiced yesterday so the discussion about should he play or not is obsolete. He´ll play for sure.

ExpatPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You don't sit players unless there's significant danger of aggravating an injury. This game is too important to give players some time off just to save them for the big boy Patriots. Minnesota may not be Phila, but they are 4-6 and they have won some games lately, and they are a division rival.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Sit.. Clay! Sit! Staaaay! Stay!
No, you cannot go out and play. The vet didn't say you could.
So just sit, Clay, sit!

(Sorry but the thread title reads like trying to control a dog.)

Packerlifer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I see people here all the time get mad that they dont know what is wrong with a player..That MM doesnt explain fully what the problem is..

That player has every right to say I do not want my injury to be public knowledge and Mm is just going by what that player wants

Not to mention not tipping off the competition. Belichick is a master of that.

Carl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You don't sit players unless there's significant danger of aggravating an injury. This game is too important to give players some time off just to save them for the big boy Patriots. Minnesota may not be Phila, but they are 4-6 and they have won some games lately, and they are a division rival.

As far as tiebreakers go, MN is more important than NE also.

Raptorman

Vikings fan since 1966.
Reaction score
Looks like Clay has a minor groin injury but is expected to play on Sunday. Should he sit out against the Vikings to make sure it doesn't become a major groin injury? If I was coach, I would dress him but sit him and keep him available in case he was needed but I don't know if I'd start him. How would you handle it?
You know, Kyle Rudolph had a minor groin injury and played. The next week the had surgery for it and was out for 5 weeks.

GreenBaySlacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The groin injury was just chaffing from all the perfect 10's rubbing on it.... Doctor said a little triple antibiotic and rest, he will be fine to play.... probabally.

nlferts

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm just hoping that we can finally have a healthy Clay for a full season.

Members online

Latest posts