Since the 65 championship game...

Paul NJ

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Greetings from New Jersey everyone,

From the title you can see I'm a long time fan. I was 11 at the time and that was the first game I truly watched and immediately became a GB fan. My Dad was a Giants fan but for whatever reason they held no attraction to me.

My favorite player was Boyd Dowler.

I've been to Lambeau once, prior to the renovation. Am glad I was able to see it before the changes. Saw them beat TB. Reggie had several sacks of Dilfer. On a down note, that was also the game Levens injured his knee.

One other big highlights of my fan life was meeting soon to be HOFer Jerry Kramer at the Kettle of Fish. That is THE NYC bar to watch Packer games. He came for a game a few years ago. He sold his books as well as 8x10s of the iconic shot of Lombardi on his shoulder after SB II.

Happy to be part of the group and look forward to good discussions.

Starr To Dowler

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think 65 was the year I first saw a game at Lambeau - maybe 66, not sure. It was a preseason game, and Bart Starr dropped two perfect bombs into the arms of Boyd Dowler streaking down the sideline for touchdowns (thus my username.) I don't know how many hundreds of games I've watched since then, but I don't think anything I've ever seen has been as exciting as that.

Members online

Latest posts