1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!

Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Simms and D. Howard got into it over Super Bowl Week

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by fettpett, Feb 9, 2011.

1. fettpett

fettpett Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +217
    Phil Simms apologizes for Desmond Howard incident | ProFootballTalk
    Never been a big fan of Simms. This just shows how much of a jerk he still is.

• Like Like x 2
  2. VersusTheMoose

VersusTheMoose Canadian Packer Fan

Ratings:
    +166
    Yeah you have to let things like that go. It just shows you how disappointed he is about where his sons career went.

3. BigBayBlues

BigBayBlues Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +34
    Agreed, Simms has always irritated me.

4. fettpett

fettpett Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +217
    Yeah, looks like Phill is going to be the only QB in that family to do anything...

Chris was promising till he had his spleen ruptured

Matt looks like he's just going to suck...but who knows

5. Murgen

Murgen MechaPackzilla

Ratings:
    +585
    Simms is a jerk if you listen to him on the radio. Total ***.

6. 7thFloorRA

7thFloorRA Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,069
    One day he will be able to deal with the fact that compared to the competition at their respective levels, his sons suck. I'm not really a Longhorn fan by any means, but I always loved watching Major Applewhite play and was disgusted at his benching in favor of a ****** chris simms. It was awesome to watch him come off the bench in that bowl game and win it for them when simms was sucking it up for the first part of the game.

7. Bogart

Bogart Duke Mantee

Ratings:
    +871
    Phil Simms don't bother me that much when watching CBS.

He's an OK commentator. I like him more than Chris Collinsworth, but sadly for him, Desmond Howard is right. His sons are not that great.

8. ivo610

ivo610 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4,273
    I dont really have a lot of love for either player. Howard seems a little cocky, and Sims can be a prick. Sims should just deal with the fact that his son is going to get **** on at the college level and Howard shouldnt cry to twitter when he feels threatened.

• Like Like x 1
  9. TheSnowPlow

TheSnowPlow Driving Don Shula Crazy

Ratings:
    +491
    Maybe Simms wouldn't be such an angry guy if his kid didn't suck at football so bad. :snack:

• Like Like x 1
  10. fettpett

fettpett Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +217
    I agree on the twitter part, however Howard did win the Hesiman and is considered an all time great College player, his opinion carries some pretty good weight

11. Murgen

Murgen MechaPackzilla

Ratings:
    +585
    Understatement of the year. Howard was a freaking embarrassment to sportsmanship in SB XXXI. Standing in front of the Patriot's sideline talking smack until he had to be dragged away. It was embarrassing as a Packer fan to see him acting the fool. Luckily he backed up his trash talking or it would have been even more embarrassing how he acted.

And then Howard bolts for the big paycheck with the Raiders the next year as a FA. Gee, thanks for the loyalty there Howard.

Simms and Howard. They deserve each other.

12. Bogart

Bogart Duke Mantee

Ratings:
    +871
    Howard did do that but,what did he do for us after the Super Bowl?

Yeah I like him as a player for helping us in 1996, but I don't remember him having a big impact after the Super Bowl.