Simms and D. Howard got into it over Super Bowl Week

fettpett

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Phil Simms apologizes for Desmond Howard incident | ProFootballTalk
Phil Simms apologizes for Desmond Howard incident

Posted by Mike Florio on February 9, 2011, 9:01 AM EST

Former Super Bowl MVP Phil Simms got into an altercation Saturday with another former Super Bowl MVP, Desmond Howard.

Simms didn’t like that Howard had spoken critically of the football skills of one of Simms’ sons (at least Howard didn’t accuse Phil of “laissez-faire” parenting), and Howard didn’t like the way that Simms made it known that he didn’t like it, allegedly threatening to punch Howard. (Simms, without denying a threat to throw a punch, later told Richard Deitsch of SI.com that there was “no chance” of a physical confrontation.)

Simms, who also didn’t like the way Howard made it known that he didn’t like the way that Simms made it known that he didn’t like the criticism of his son, has apologized publicly, via an appearance on Sirius XM’s Mad Dog Radio with Chris Russo.

Never been a big fan of Simms. This just shows how much of a jerk he still is.

VersusTheMoose

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yeah you have to let things like that go. It just shows you how disappointed he is about where his sons career went.

OP
OP
fettpett

fettpett

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yeah, looks like Phill is going to be the only QB in that family to do anything...

Chris was promising till he had his spleen ruptured

Matt looks like he's just going to suck...but who knows

7thFloorRA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
One day he will be able to deal with the fact that compared to the competition at their respective levels, his sons suck. I'm not really a Longhorn fan by any means, but I always loved watching Major Applewhite play and was disgusted at his benching in favor of a ****** chris simms. It was awesome to watch him come off the bench in that bowl game and win it for them when simms was sucking it up for the first part of the game.

Bogart

Duke Mantee
Reaction score
Phil Simms don't bother me that much when watching CBS.

He's an OK commentator. I like him more than Chris Collinsworth, but sadly for him, Desmond Howard is right. His sons are not that great.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I dont really have a lot of love for either player. Howard seems a little cocky, and Sims can be a *****. Sims should just deal with the fact that his son is going to get **** on at the college level and Howard shouldnt cry to twitter when he feels threatened.

TheSnowPlow

Driving Don Shula Crazy
Reaction score
Maybe Simms wouldn't be such an angry guy if his kid didn't suck at football so bad. :snack:

OP
OP
fettpett

fettpett

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I dont really have a lot of love for either player. Howard seems a little cocky, and Sims can be a *****. Sims should just deal with the fact that his son is going to get **** on at the college level and Howard shouldnt cry to twitter when he feels threatened.

I agree on the twitter part, however Howard did win the Hesiman and is considered an all time great College player, his opinion carries some pretty good weight

Murgen

MechaPackzilla
Reaction score
Howard seems a little cocky

Understatement of the year. Howard was a freaking embarrassment to sportsmanship in SB ***I. Standing in front of the Patriot's sideline talking smack until he had to be dragged away. It was embarrassing as a Packer fan to see him acting the fool. Luckily he backed up his trash talking or it would have been even more embarrassing how he acted.

And then Howard bolts for the big paycheck with the Raiders the next year as a FA. Gee, thanks for the loyalty there Howard.

Simms and Howard. They deserve each other.

Bogart

Duke Mantee
Reaction score
I agree on the twitter part, however Howard did win the Hesiman and is considered an all time great College player, his opinion carries some pretty good weight

Howard did do that but,what did he do for us after the Super Bowl?

Yeah I like him as a player for helping us in 1996, but I don't remember him having a big impact after the Super Bowl.

Members online

Latest posts