Sidney Rice. Hmmmm.....

News Bot

News Bot
Reaction score
Sidney Rice activated off PUP list

The Vikings waited until the last minute, but wide receiver Sidney Rice will be active for Sunday’s game against the Packers. The move was largely expected after Vikings coach Brad Childress said that Rice would have to play Sunday or risk being placed on injured reserve.* Rice told Vikings spokesman Ed Werder that he would…
You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Source: ProFootballTalk.com

IluvGB

I <3 Packers!!!!
Reaction score
I smell desperation!:big_boss:... it may be time to bust out the brass knuckles too while they're at it!!

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm not so worried, he'll give our D something do to. Don't want them getting bored out there, you know. I just love how they waited this long to make the announcement, how long must they of known they were going to activate him? They were probably trying to throw our game off by making us think he was gonna be IR'd.

Big Dan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
From his official website:
www.sidneyrice18.com/2010/11/17/a-bunch-of-bull

Someone out here wrote a column today saying that I wasn’t going to come back and talked about how it related to my contract situation. But you can ask any of the news people around here, not once have I spoken about a contract or wanted money. My objective is to get out on the field and play when I’m healthy and it has nothing to do with my contract.

If you know anything about the CBA, if the contract doesn’t get done I still have to be here two more years anyway, so what’s going on now is definitely not about my contract.

That’s a bunch of bull. I wouldn’t dare do the fans or my teammates like that.

Times like these, some news people just need stories to create and I guess me not getting back on the field yet is something they want to use.

I’m anxious to get out there today and I look forward to Saturday to see how I feel after a hard week of practice. When I wake up hopefully everything will be alright and I’ll be ready to go on Sunday.

My plan is to go. But it will come down to a Saturday decision.
----------------------------------------------------------
"Have to be here"? He could have said "I'm here 2 more years", or "I've got 2 more years on my current contract", or any number of other ways, yet he said "I have to be here".

Maybe I'm reading too much into it, but that doesn't sound to me like a guy that's real happy to be there. Hmmm....

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
not really clear on how he would be a viking for 2 more years... I thought that was contracts that expired before this year. Plus alot of powerful people are pretty confident that the league and Players association is going to get a deal done before the draft.

Incubes12

Bay Harbor Butcher?
Reaction score
I think you're reading too much into it. I mean, he posted the whole statement just to prove he's in it for the team and the fans.

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score
It could be he's trying to defuse a situation to prevent further controversy by minimizing it. I think it a good move, Rice himself doesn't need to be involved in any kind of controversy as that has the potential to affect his trade value and the Vikings certainly don't need any more controversy. It's quite possible there was never an issue to begin with and it was just a simple matter of him waiting to be healthy enough to be cleared to play. I think that's actually the more likely scenario here. The problem is, with the way thinks have been going for the Vikings, we are just coming to expect something bad to happen. I don't think that's the case with Rice.

Murgen

MechaPackzilla
Reaction score
Yeah, Vikes did that to confuse us and so we didn't have time to prepare. Sneaky, but not illegal.

Time to send that muppet back to the PUP. LOL

Raptorman

Vikings fan since 1966.
Reaction score
The only reason this is being talked about is because some idiot reporter made comments that Rice was holding off coming back because of his contract. Now the reporter never had any information to back up his story and said it was just "speculation" but in this day and age it no longer matters. Rice was just trying to defuse the situation with what he put on his blog. It's just like the Packers holding on the Harris until the last possible moment, only Harris wasn't in a contract year.

Raptorman

Vikings fan since 1966.
Reaction score
Yep, one good year doesn't make you a superstar deserving a huge payday! (Looking at you Miles Austin)
Unlike Aarron Rodgers who got a big payday before he had even completed a full season as the starter.

"On October 31, 2008, Rodgers signed a six year, $65 million contract extension through the 2014 season."

Members online

Latest posts