Poll Should we get rid of the Gallery Functionality?

Should we keep the gallery?

• Yes

Votes: 5 62.5%
  • No

Votes: 3 37.5%

• Total voters

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
Those of us who participate in the beer thread like to post pictures of new/old beverages we've tried. The gallery was useful for that.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
Can we get rid of shutting threads down so quickly?

Thread Status: Not open for further replies.

News of Antonio Brown's potential trade comes out today and the thread is shut down from further conversation, almost immediately. Why?

The thread opened on 1/1/19 and generated 1059 posts. Does someone think we still don't have things to say?

I understand if you want to move it to "other teams" or another location in the Forum, but just to shut down any further discussion? Again, I ask....why?

Last edited:

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score

News of Antonio Brown's potential trade comes out today and the thread is shut down from further conversation, almost immediately. Why?

The thread opened on 1/1/19 and generated 1059 posts. Does someone think we still don't have things to say?

I understand if you want to move it to "other teams" or another location in the Forum, but just to shut down any further discussion? Again, I ask....why?
I closed it.. Our habit is to lock when things end up like that.

I moved it and re opened.

So tell me why you posted this question in the gallery thread :tdown:

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
Thanks.

Had no clue where to post the question of the shutdown.

Since this thread seemed like a thread that the mods were visiting, figured one of you would see it eventually.

You are a Mod, I'm not going to debate what you should or shouldn't do, but sometimes I don't understand this urgent need to shut a thread down. In this case, a lot of people were posting about Antonio Brown. The deal with Oakland hasn't officially happened and even if it did, there is always follow up information, comments and opinions.

Just my 2 cents.

Last edited:

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks.

Had no clue where to post the question of the shutdown.

Since this thread seemed like a thread that the mods were visiting, figured one of you would see it eventually.

You are a Mod, I'm not going to debate what you should or shouldn't do, but sometimes I don't understand this urgent need to shut a thread down. In this case, a lot of people were posting about Antonio Brown. The deal with Oakland hasn't officially happened and even if it did, there is always follow up information, comments and opinions.

Just my 2 cents.
You can always send any mod a pm on anything..

Or the spot for those questions?

https://www.packerforum.com/forums/forum-feedback-suggestions.18/

Shaggy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
So we good on starting it back up? The only thing I dont want is hugely off topic pics going up or NSFW pics.

sschind

Cheesehead
Reaction score

I would just add that there is the ignore thread button. If you don't want to keep seeing posts to a thread you are no longer interested in just ignore it and it won't show up.

Members online

Latest posts