Poll Should we get rid of the Gallery Functionality?

Should we keep the gallery?

• Yes

Votes: 5 62.5%
  • No

Votes: 3 37.5%

• Total voters

robdog

Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I always a fan of giving you guys more functionality. But if it doesn't get used, I am all for removing some clutter. So, I wanted to create a poll to ask you guys and gals. You can also post any comments and questions below as well.

And in case you have never been to the gallery, the link is below:
https://www.packerforum.com/gallery/

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
I said keep it but I have quite a few pictures in it. I have not seen too many others use it. I would not be devastated if it were gone.
We have not had any articles update in a very long time either.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I didn't even really know we had one. posting pics hosted elsewhere is easy enough, but then we also run the risk of those sites doing what photobucket did and render major threads useless (depending on the website content) by disabling all the links unless you know pay for them. I stopped using them years ago, and I don't think that many pictures get posted here thru that so probably not a huge deal here.

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
I've just skimmed over it in the past, but it could have real potential after reading Mondio's post.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
if you keep it, it needs to be promoted I think. Not heavily but some. Monthly show your fandom stuff? some off topic things? people like posting pictures about kids, cars/trucks, dogs, cats and guns :)
I still use a 3rd party to host photos because it's easy to share with people or across different websites, but in light of a of PB's maybe those days are numbered. Though I don't think Photobucket will remain a viable company by year's end. That place is toast. It knew it was toast before they made the announcement. Just hoping to get some desperate people to cough up some cash to get some photo's back that may have been using them as some sort of back up before they fold.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
My 2 cents is, if it isn't really being used and is costing the website (owner) money to have it or it's somehow slowing the website down, pitch it. Sounds like a Packer decision in regards to a player. :D

But as far as clutter, I barely know the tab is there and it now sounds like if more people were aware of it, it might get more use? I have looked at it a few times since joining the forum.

Sky King

Reaction score
There's not much to critique. Too bad, there's some interesting photos in there. The potential is certainly present but it doesn't look as though it is being realized by enough posters to justify its existence. If not realized soon then maybe Gallery gets cut from the roster at the end of preseason. ;)

I

I asked LT to delete my acct

I'm happy to see it gone. I only used it to show the beer drinkers the different bottled beers I drank.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Scary how some of us think alike......pass me a cold one Buggy! :coffee:

By the way, why is that emoticon drinking coffee? Can't we "toughen up" this forum and get a beer swillin emoticon.......omg......the shoutbox would be filled with them on game day!

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Shoot! I would probably make the pilgrimage back to GB just to be a witness to the carnage.
You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Well now that we have seen Skykings bedroom floor, I wonder what the rest of his house looks like? :coffee:

OP
OP
robdog

robdog

Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Okay, so I am not going to fully remove the gallery, but I am going to disable it for the time being to get a feel for the reaction. (which I am sure I know how that is going to be, lol)

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
What Gallery? ;)

J/K I think I may have weighed in on this already, but in case I didn't. I say save the cost and bandwidth (if removing it does), I have peaked at it a few times but rarely.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts