Should TT make an offer for Patrick Peterson ?

What should TT offer for Patrick Peterson?

• 1st round pick

Votes: 5 26.3%
  • 2nd and 3rd round picks

Votes: 2 10.5%
  • 2nd round pick

Votes: 4 21.1%
  • 3rd round pick

• 1st and 3rd round picks

• Nothing

Votes: 4 21.1%

• Total voters

thequick12

Cheesehead
Reaction score
When I first saw the clip of deion Sanders talking about how the packers should make an offer to the cardinals for cb Patrick Peterson i didnt think it had any real chance of happening. But then I heard booger McFarland talking about how the cardinals are so bad that it's gonna end Adrian Peterson's career. And don't be surprised if Peterson gets traded because it's not getting better anytime soon in Arizona. So I say TT just makes them a offer they can't refuse. To me that's a 1st and 3rd round pick. Id be totally comfortable doing that even without knowing were inline for a bunch of compensatory picks likely 1 of which will be a 3rd rounder. If you add Peterson to this defense I think it's a top 5 defense no questions asked especially as king and Jones get more experience.

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
I don't even think a 1st and a 3rd would get it done. He's the best cover corner in the game.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I would like him on this team no doubt, but i'm not sure what it would take to get him. a 1 and a 3 sounds low. Plus I don't think AZ is throwing in the towel. If that were the case, why would they make a trade for Adrian Peterson in the first place? I didn't see what they gave up, didn't pay that close of attention, but a team looking to build for the future isn't trading away future to bring in has beens that are done.

OP
OP
thequick12

thequick12

Cheesehead
Reaction score
In deion Sanders and booger McFarland world apparently. I think the cap thing isn't an issue he's so good you just figure that out some other way

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
so 2 people just talking. Gotta fill the airwaves somehow I guess.

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Heck yes they should. That immediately eliminates half the issue the Packers have...1 of which is not having a good Secondary.

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Never hurts to ask. I know he threw a tantrum on the sidelines Sunday. If there ever was a time he was available it would be now. But, AZ just traded for AP, i doubt they trade their best defender. He is expensive, but very good.

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
The AP move tells me that Arizona is going all in rather than selling off assets.

bigbubbatd

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I can't TT hasn't traded for Peterson already! He loves his draft picks too much! He is ruining Rodgers career! Who cares if there is nothing substantial to this rumor if TT doesn't get Peterson he is a fool

There trying to get the crazy out in one post.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I can't TT hasn't traded for Peterson already! He loves his draft picks too much! He is ruining Rodgers career! Who cares if there is nothing substantial to this rumor if TT doesn't get Peterson he is a fool

There trying to get the crazy out in one post.
that's not crazy, that's pretty normal for around here

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That could be a possibility. He's not happy there, he could be useful here. The Giants spent on D to get out over the top and they don't have a QB to do it. By the time they get the offense back all this defenders they bought will be done or gone anyway. They could consider unloading some now.

I just do t see AZ seeing things that way. Only 1 game below 500 in a division where .500 could win it and getting their main weapon back later this year, they aren't throwing in the towel yet. As evidenced by their recent trade for another Peterson.

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
He quit on his team. Not gonna happen.

Yeah, that is bothersome, but he's a really good outside corner who could be available mid-season. We don't need him to be the heart and soul of the defense-- just play the outside and keep Rollins on the bench. I get the qualms with a guy who would do that, but I'd risk it for the sake of getting the help.

C-Lee

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yeah, that is bothersome, but he's a really good outside corner who could be available mid-season. We don't need him to be the heart and soul of the defense-- just play the outside and keep Rollins on the bench. I get the qualms with a guy who would do that, but I'd risk it for the sake of getting the help.
Oh, he’d 100% make our secondary better, but TT cares about that stuff. I’d roll the dice, but he won’t.

XPack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Now now, relax, take a deep breath and maybe a cup of coffee before you reply...... Offer Cobb for Peterson + maybe 3rd pick? :sneaky:

If we can get Aaron Jones and Jamaal Williams firing, we can use TyM from the slot/backfield role that Cobb plays usually.

Promote Geronimo (or Janis) as WR3 or develop one more by the time Jordy calls it a day.

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
Oh, he’d 100% make our secondary better, but TT cares about that stuff. I’d roll the dice, but he won’t.

It would seem weird that we'd keep Guion or Randall around, but balk at DRC. But you could be right.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Randall right now is cheap. They're probably hoping he matures some if not, he won't be making much more money here.

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
Randall right now is cheap. They're probably hoping he matures some if not, he won't be making much more money here.

That's true, but what I'm saying is that if they have a zero tolerance policy for the type of behavior DRC was demonstrating and they're consistent, then Randall ought to be gone already.

Zartan

Cans.wav
Staff member
Reaction score
I think a 1st Round pick would be good enough. As TT has wiffed badly recently on 1st round picks and to trade for a proven vet at a weak position would be great.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts