Should TT make an offer for Patrick Peterson ?

What should TT offer for Patrick Peterson?

• 1st round pick

Votes: 5 26.3%
  • 2nd and 3rd round picks

Votes: 2 10.5%
  • 2nd round pick

Votes: 4 21.1%
  • 3rd round pick

• 1st and 3rd round picks

• Nothing

Votes: 4 21.1%

• Total voters

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
For every Demarius Randall, there's a Kenny Clark. I wouldnt call him a whiff. And Randall is only held back by his maturity and attitude

swhitset

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That's true, but what I'm saying is that if they have a zero tolerance policy for the type of behavior DRC was demonstrating and they're consistent, then Randall ought to be gone already.
There is a difference between having to deal with a problem you have, and choosing to take one on.

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
I think a 1st Round pick would be good enough. As TT has wiffed badly recently on 1st round picks and to trade for a proven vet at a weak position would be great.

You think Arizona would give up Peterson for one 1st round pick (probably a late one)?

I would jump at that, but I don't think they'd ever do it.

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
There is a difference between having to deal with a problem you have, and choosing to take one on.

Given the situation, I would hope that any trade price would be low enough that they could just cut him if it's not working out.

Packer Fan in SD

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I doubt AZ will trade him, but if they were looking to do so, I would give up my eyeteeth and two of my 5 kids. And my wife (if they took over payments). But I would draw the line at my dog.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
4 reasons this won't happen
  1. Big contract.
  2. Packers current draft investments in the secondary.
  3. Last year with all the CB's down or playing poorly, no moves were made.
  4. Ted Thompson

RRyder

Cheesehead
Reaction score
4 reasons this won't happen
  1. Big contract.
  2. Packers current draft investments in the secondary.
  3. Last year with all the CB's down or playing poorly, no moves were made.
  4. Ted Thompson

"The Cardinals aren't going to trade Patrick Peterson" doesn't make the top 4? Really?

Last edited:

swhitset

Cheesehead
Reaction score
"The Cardinals aren't aren't going to trade Patrick Peterson" doesn't make the top 4? Really?
lol have to agree with that. Maybe Poker will have to rename his top 4 to "4 reasons the Packers wouldn't trade for him IF he were available.

D

Deleted member 6794

When I first saw the clip of deion Sanders talking about how the packers should make an offer to the cardinals for cb Patrick Peterson i didnt think it had any real chance of happening. But then I heard booger McFarland talking about how the cardinals are so bad that it's gonna end Adrian Peterson's career. And don't be surprised if Peterson gets traded because it's not getting better anytime soon in Arizona. So I say TT just makes them a offer they can't refuse. To me that's a 1st and 3rd round pick. Id be totally comfortable doing that even without knowing were inline for a bunch of compensatory picks likely 1 of which will be a 3rd rounder. If you add Peterson to this defense I think it's a top 5 defense no questions asked especially as king and Jones get more experience.

There's no way the Cardinals are thinking about trading Patrick Peterson.

if TT doesn't go for him Jerrah or Hoodie will. he makes big bucks but i don't know how that transfers, cap wise, in trade situations.

https://overthecap.com/player/patrick-peterson/417/

FWIW Peterson would count close to $6.9 million towards the Packers 2017 cap if they traded for him before Sunday's game at Minnesota.

TT should make an offer for Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie.

He quit on his team. Not gonna happen.

Rodgers-Cromartie is definitely a decent outside cornerback who might be available after what happened with the Giants over the past few days. C-Lee is right that a player leaving the team doesn't strike me as a guy Thompson would be interested in trading for.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
"The Cardinals aren't going to trade Patrick Peterson" doesn't make the top 4? Really?

My bad......but I rarely think/care about what other teams are thinking, especially since in this case, it takes 2 to make it happen. Even IF the Cardinals were actively looking for trade partners, I highly doubt the Packers would be one of those in the mix.

Last edited:

XPack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He quit on his team. Not gonna happen.
C-Lee is right that a player leaving the team doesn't strike me as a guy Thompson would be interested in trading for.

I can understand it, but that would be a stupid decision. With they way Giants are playing this season, obvious why he's frustrated. McAdoo has to share half the blame.

If he becomes available, I'd have no qualms getting him here on a short 2 year contract. He's a immeidate improvement and can can really be the final push to SB for us.

Would be idiotic to waste that oppotunity over quasi-psychological concerns.

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
Rodgers-Cromartie is definitely a decent outside cornerback who might be available after what happened with the Giants over the past few days. C-Lee is right that a player leaving the team doesn't strike me as a guy Thompson would be interested in trading for.
Not saying this is the mindset of the Giants, but if they are committed to McAdoo, I'll gladly take DRC for a reduced price.

Reaction score
Rumor has it a few Sundays ago Randall was already on a plane to Arizona to hand off a briefcase full of money to make a Randall for Patrick Peterson trade official. Then Randall realized at the last second that he was supposed to wait for the football game to be over.... and he had kinda jumped the gun so to speak.:cautious:

OP
OP
thequick12

thequick12

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The AP move tells me that Arizona is going all in rather than selling off assets.

Going all in? Why because they gave up a late round pick for Peterson ? All I know is it worth offering at least your first round pick for Peterson if it was my decision id offer a 1st and damarious randall. I just don't think randall has the brain to be a really good corner, he's soft both physically and mentally but he's shown enough pure talent that somebody should think they can get the most talented player in green bay's secondary to put it all together. Also he went to college there so they could think a return to familiar surroundings could help.

Last edited:

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
Going all in? Why because they gave up a late round pick for Peterson ? All I know is it worth offering at least your first round pick for Peterson if it was my decision id offer a 1st and damarious randall. I just don't think randall has the brain to be a really good corner, he's soft both physically and mentally but he's shown enough pure talent that somebody should think they can get the most talented player in green bay's secondary to put it all together. Also he went to college there so they could think a return to familiar surroundings could help.

By "going all in" I mean that they're trying to add players and attempt to win, rather than sell off and plan for the future. Dealing Peterson would be maybe the single biggest thing they could do to kill their chances of winning this season.

I think any of us would love to offer that for Peterson. However, I would bet anything that Arizona would meet that offer with a hearty "LOL."

D

Deleted member 6794

I can understand it, but that would be a stupid decision. With they way Giants are playing this season, obvious why he's frustrated. McAdoo has to share half the blame.

If he becomes available, I'd have no qualms getting him here on a short 2 year contract. He's a immeidate improvement and can can really be the final push to SB for us.

Would be idiotic to waste that oppotunity over quasi-psychological concerns.

It's absolutely fine for a player to be frustrated after starting 0-5 but getting yourself suspended by the team is a whole different story. With Rodgers-Cromartie under contract with the Giants the Packers would have to trade for him, a move that would currently result in a $5 million cap hit for this season.

By "going all in" I mean that they're trying to add players and attempt to win, rather than sell off and plan for the future. Dealing Peterson would be maybe the single biggest thing they could do to kill their chances of winning this season.

On top of that the Cardinals chances of winning in future seasons would take a hit by trading Peterson as well.

Latest posts