Should the Packers target Jamie Collins?

Status
Not open for further replies.

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
He was just released by Detroit after they failed to orchestrate a suitable trade.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
haven't paid attention recently, but he's someone I liked in the past

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
Has the potential skill set to play a poor man’s version of Leonard Floyd’s role in LA.

Pkrjones

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hell yes!! Detroit is on the hook for his guaranteed $8.8mil salary/bonus so would only cost vet min. I'd much rather see him out there instead of Ty Summers chasing behind a TE headed for the end zone.
Another example of dysfunction & stupidity of the Lions front office. Should've released him 3 games ago & saved over $5mil!

Reaction score
What happened? Why did they just cut him is what I’d want to know.

Reaction score
Because...they're the Lions. ;)
Campbell said it was time to look at the younger guys. Apparently couldn't do that in preseason & save $5+Mil at cut downs.
He’s definitely worthy of bumping someone from the 53. Just would want to solidify there’s no personal issues. We’ve had enough of that for 3 seasons.
Anyway he’d be a great insurance policy for Z to heal him up proper or use him in another role altogether.

Pkrjones

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Supposedly Collin's has a reputation for not putting forth maximum effort and "hustle". When NE traded him in '15 they made it known that his "energy level" didn't match those around him. Collins is still very athletic and productive...teams just don't want his demeanor affecting others. Hmmm...I had never heard this until today. Playing for a contender would he crank it up or "infect" others around him?

melvin dangerr

In it to Win it All
Reaction score
What if Richard Sherman wanted to be a Packer? He does like Arod, if he visited the Pack he should get a good look over

D

Deleted member 6794

For some reason Collins has only performed up to potential with the Patriots. If the Packers plan on using him in a similar way it might be worth a try if he agrees to sign for cheap after getting paid by the Lions.

Krabs

I take offense to that sir.
Reaction score
With Barnes being injured and watching Summers jump on the pile after the tackle was already made, I'd fully support the signing.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Summers needs to never be on the field. He's high effort, but usually that effort is being used to recover from being in the completely wrong place or running himself right out of a play.

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score
Supposedly Collin's has a reputation for not putting forth maximum effort and "hustle". When NE traded him in '15 they made it known that his "energy level" didn't match those around him. Collins is still very athletic and productive...teams just don't want his demeanor affecting others. Hmmm...I had never heard this until today. Playing for a contender would he crank it up or "infect" others around him?
No defective motors for me thank you.

thequick12

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Because...they're the Lions. ;)
Campbell said it was time to look at the younger guys. Apparently couldn't do that in preseason & save $5+Mil at cut downs.

I'm quite sure there was some kind of personal issue here like I heard Collins quit on the team or something...so my best guess Collins said he wasn't playing for the Lions after the first game when his salary became guaranteed

He had 7 sacks for new england in 2019 and 100 tackles for Detroit in 2020 so seems he's still got it and can rush the passer as well as play off the ball.

Right now I'd say Packers need more help in the pass rush dept with Smith out and Campbell playing really well

Either way...worth it to sign for vet minimum and see if he can make a couple plays to help this team win a championship!!!

Last edited:

thequick12

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Summers needs to never be on the field. He's high effort, but usually that effort is being used to recover from being in the completely wrong place or running himself right out of a play.

Yeah he's a special team guy not sure why he was playing from scrimmage on defense last game...

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If the lions think they are better off without him, that should raise some red flags. Maybe he would play better for a team with a chance to make it deep into the playoffs. Big risk.

thequick12

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If the lions think they are better off without him, that should raise some red flags. Maybe he would play better for a team with a chance to make it deep into the playoffs. Big risk.

Or maybe he thought he was better off without the Lions...

D

Deleted member 6794

Yeah he's a special team guy not sure why he was playing from scrimmage on defense last game...

The Packers lack quality depth at inside linebacker. While Summers struggled it seems the coaching staff considered him a better option than McDuffie.

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Let's be honest. Most of us would be pretty apathetic playing for the Lions as well. If the cost is right, I would consider bringing him in as competition for Summers at the backup position. Sometimes guys need a change of scenery to figure it all out.

Krabs

I take offense to that sir.
Reaction score
Let's be honest. Most of us would be pretty apathetic playing for the Lions as well. If the cost is right, I would consider bringing him in as competition for Summers at the backup position. Sometimes guys need a change of scenery to figure it all out.
I agree beyond being a backup. I would suspect he would start over Barnes. If not, he wouldn't consider signing in GB.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest posts