Should the Pack try an Onside kick Mon?

Zartan

Cans.wav
Staff member
Reaction score
If the game gets into a shootout with the D being non existant and the Pack need to create a change of possession do you think they should try an On-Side kick? As the Defense would most likey have the Eagles score in 2-5 plays.

yooperpackfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If the game gets into a shootout with the D being non existant and the Pack need to create a change of possession do you think they should try an On-Side kick? As the Defense would most likey have the Eagles score in 2-5 plays.
Yes!
It's time to pull out all of the stops.

D

Deleted member 6794

It might make sense to try a surprise onside kick once but not a smart strategy to help out the defense in the long run.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We saw how an onside kick helped out the Redskins on Thursday.

swhitset

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I would like to see a game where they don't need to. I will now tag my own post "optimistic " lol

H

HardRightEdge

If the D is so bad as to employ such tactics, why bother? You're not going anywhere anyway if it comes to that.

Play the d*mn game, figure out who should stay and who should go, and look to teeing it up again next season.

Last edited by a moderator:

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
In his career, Mason has attempted 20 onside kicks, the Packers have recovered 6, not very good odds. Granted, most of those were probably in a situation when the other team was expecting it, thus harder to recover for the Packers. While I would like to see MM and DC be more creative, I don't think special teams is an area I would roll the dice with onside kicks and fake punts. Too many young guys who already seem to be struggling at just doing what Special Teams players are suppose to do, tackle and block.

Gabe

Cheesehead
Reaction score
No, they shouldn't try an onside kick. Lets hope that it won't come to that. The offense needs to pick it up as well.

sschind

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I just hope they get more than one chance to do it.

The team my nephew played in the playoffs did 3 in a row and only stopped after we fianally recovered one.

ARPackFan

Knock it off with them negative waves
Reaction score
At this point in the season I think that this situation absolutely requires a really futile and stupid gesture be done on somebody's part!

And MM is just the guy to do it.

Members online

Latest posts