Should the Pack look at Corey Dillion???

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
de_real_deal said:
PackOne said:
PFT has an interesting article about Corey Dillon and his willingness to play for the Pack.

www.profootballtalk.com

If its true Adam is the source then its pretty much a lock its true, he is not wrong to often

POSTED 8:35 p.m. EDT, November 2, 2007

DILLON GETTING READY TO RETURN?

Adam Schefter of NFL Network reports that veteran running back Corey Dillon, who has previously rebuffed inquiries regarding his availability, is receptive to the idea of returning to the Patriots or signing with another playoff contender, such as the Packers.

Dillion, who last played for the Patriots in 2006, is training in preparation for a comeback.

He won a Super Bowl in 2004 with the Patriots, and he would be a great addition to a team without many/any guys who have championship rings on their fingers.

In this regard, we're getting very intrigued by what the Packers might be able to do in the postseason, especially if they could get Dillon to shore up the position. At a time when everyone with a pulse believes that Sunday's game between the Pats and the Colts is a preview of an AFC title game between the same two teams and that the winner of the rematch will seize the Lombardi Trophy without breaking a sweat, we like the idea of Brett Favre sliding a stone into his slingshot and catching Goliath in the ******.

If that could happen, Favre would be able to ride off into the sunset with his own John Elway moment. And we predict that Favre wouldn't do it, and would instead keep coming back as long as his body will allow him to do so.

Cant stand Adam Scheffer. Our running game will live and die with O-line performance and how efficient we are able to be in the passing game. Our passing threat is what will give rb's room to run, not Corey Dillons frowning face. It has nothing to do with Corey Dillon or anyone else.

I have posted a few times its the o-line, however wouldnt it be a little more "safe" to have one extra RB?

bozz_2006

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I wouldn't mind having more depth, but I agree with de_real_deal, bringing Corey Dillon in could potentially mess with the chemistry we have going because he is the world's biggest *****er, and after MM immediately named Grant this week's starter, bringing in any other guy could potentially **** everyone off. I say we should stick with what we've got, and let it develop. everyone's finally starting to get comfortable and things are starting to gel. Ted talks up and down about how important chemistry is, and i think this is a recipe for some bad chemistry

Pack93z

You retired too? .... Not me. I'm in my prime
Reaction score
Moss was suppose to be a *****er.. not this year they are winning...

Rison was suppose to be a punk.. not in 96... we were winning...

Dillon was a talking mouthpiece in Cinny.. in NE he was a good teammate..

Point being.. we are winning.. Dillon wants to be on a winner.. he would be fine this year.

Mute point.. he will be on the Pats by Monday.. Morris going on IR sealed it...

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
It's mute? I thought moot or something was the word, :shrug:

Anyhow, Dillon wanted to be let go from the Patriots to seek other options. Unless Dillon changed his mind, I don't see how Morris landing on IR would change anything.

--- comment based on what I recall from the dillon situation ---

johnny_blood

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Dillon has only shown himself to be a whiner and bad teammate when playing for a losing team and incompetent franchise.

I wouldn't be too worried about him harming the chemistry.

I hope we get him instead of the Pats.

Pack93z

You retired too? .... Not me. I'm in my prime
Reaction score
Pack93z said:
It's mute? I thought moot or something was the word, :shrug:

Anyhow, Dillon wanted to be let go from the Patriots to seek other options. Unless Dillon changed his mind, I don't see how Morris landing on IR would change anything.

--- comment based on what I recall from the dillon situation ---

He was talking with the Pats as of yesterday, money says he is in Foxboro yet this year.

brennan1884

Cheesehead
Reaction score
de_real_deal said:
Come draft day next year TT should do whatever it takes to get Mike hart ftom Michigan!!!!
The guy is carrying that team on his shoulders and is A FOOTBALL PLAYER.
This is coming from a Buckeye fan so you have to know how much I like the guy.

I never saw Hart as a great nfl prospect. Not overly fast or agile. I just think he's a really good college player. I love that he never fumbles but i wouldnt really want him unless its round 2 or 3. I'd say stick with the guys we have unless we have a chance to get a stud like a Peterson or Lynch. There are no studs in this draft besides McFadden.

dude you got to be kidding, theres a stockpile of talen in this draft.....

steve slaton, mike hart, ray rice, johnathon stewart,brandon ore,Yvenson Bernard.....( I think this kids could slip and we should be all over him!!)
Tashard Choice.....

those backs will all be off the board first 4 rounds, and in my opinion this draft has more talent ar RB than the 07 draft

de_real_deal

Cheesehead
Reaction score
de_real_deal said:
Buckeyepackfan said:
Come draft day next year TT should do whatever it takes to get Mike hart ftom Michigan!!!!

I never saw Hart as a great nfl prospect. Not overly fast or agile. I just think he's a really good college player. I love that he never fumbles but i wouldnt really want him unless its round 2 or 3. I'd say stick with the guys we have unless we have a chance to get a stud like a Peterson or Lynch. There are no studs in this draft besides McFadden.

steve slaton, mike hart, ray rice, johnathon stewart,brandon ore,Yvenson Bernard.....( I think this kids could slip and we should be all over him!!)
Tashard Choice.....

those backs will all be off the board first 4 rounds, and in my opinion this draft has more talent ar RB than the 07 draft

Not one of them really excite me, not even Bernard who was a good friend of someone i know and i pull hard for him but ive never seen any NFL qualities in him unfortunately. Slaton is decent but i'd rather have the backup Noel Devine. When that guy comes out, we need to get him whatever it takes.

Will they make good rbs in the NFL, some of them maybe. Are they major upgrades over Ryan Grant? I dont think so.

Cdnfavrefan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We'll wait for PJ Hill. Dillon doesn't come up on my list of guys I'd go after. Plus by the end of this year I'm not sure if he's the Dillon of old anymore either

brennan1884

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We'll wait for PJ Hill. Dillon doesn't come up on my list of guys I'd go after. Plus by the end of this year I'm not sure if he's the Dillon of old anymore either

PJ Hill= injury ridden slower version of Ron Dayne

brennan1884

Cheesehead
Reaction score
de_real_deal said:
de_real_deal said:
Buckeyepackfan said:

well i agree about none being overly glamorous but..... my point was there is more overall talent at running back in this draft than the previous draft.....besides adrian peterson not one of the backs from last years draft will ever make a pro bowl

Tashard Choice.....

Not one of them really excite me, not even Bernard who was a good friend of someone i know and i pull hard for him but ive never seen any NFL qualities in him unfortunately. Slaton is decent but i'd rather have the backup Noel Devine. When that guy comes out, we need to get him whatever it takes.

Will they make good rbs in the NFL, some of them maybe. Are they major upgrades over Ryan Grant? I dont think so.

brennan1884

Cheesehead
Reaction score
well i agree about none being overly glamorous but..... my point was there is more overall talent at running back in this draft than the previous draft.....besides adrian peterson not one of the backs from last years draft will ever make a pro bowl

thats what i meant lol

brennan1884

Cheesehead
Reaction score
johnathon stwerart may be the second best running back coming out of if he chooses to do so....from oregon