Should the Pack look at Corey Dillion???

PackwillBEback

Cheesehead
Reaction score
There is an article on ESPN about Corey Dillion and his agent saying no to going to Tampa...they are obviously entertaining calls and he wants to be back in football, I'm sure for the right price....and right team....

I highly doubt it, (especially with the tight spender Thompson is)....but would you want dillion (if he could learn the offense and get into shape)???

RainX

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Dillion, even at 32, would probably be an upgrade for our RB corps. That being said, if he turned down going to Tampa where he probably would've been the featured back with Cadillac going on IR, I doubt he'd want to come play in GB where he may have to split carries.

I think if a team seriously wanted him, they would've paid him and given him the playing time he wanted before the season began. As of now, I think he's probably content with taking the remainder of the year off if not retire completely.

de_real_deal

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Dillon didnt look all that good last year. He looked like an old running back. Maybe he was injured and i dont remember?? He might have a few decent games left in him but i'd only bring him in on a year to year basis only because he is experienced and only at a minimal salary too which he probably wouldnt want.

Doesnt hurt to bring him in and see what he's got but its gonna be hard for anyone to run behind that offensive line. The perfect running back for our team at this point would be someone who is excellent at receiving and has either good blocking skills or is really quick and can pop through for some easy yards in the shotgun while the defense is spread out.

BryanAschenbrenner

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think that if we didn't sign ahman because of passing 30 years old (I know it was a money issue as well, but age did play a part), it is a long shot that Dillon would be looked at.

kmeyer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I was a proponent of the Pack going after him in the off season, but not now anymore. He would have been a great stop gap guy for a year, but if he joined us now, he would not even play until the second half of the season. At this point I'd rather continue to try and develop what we have and if they don't improve, look for a back in the 2008 draft. McFadden from Arkansa or Hart from MIchigan would look awefully nice in green and gold:)

PACKmanN

Cheesehead
Reaction score
no no and finally no, I want MM to get into the o-line staff face and replace the players that need to be replaced like he did to Sanders when he replaced KGB.

trippster

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Have any of you seen the holes that the runners apparantly havent? Me neither. I really don't believe it is the runners. I think there is a lack of holes.

That being said, I would be tickled pink if we somehow could land hart. If you have never seen him run, take a peek. Oh my! reminds me physically of Barry Sanders. Short, huge legs, drags players for extra yardage, fast, hits the holes extremely quick. And get this, he has only funbled like once in the last 400 carries. nice.

packer4ever

Cheesehead
Reaction score
First of all I think Hart and McFadden will be gone way before the packers pick in the draft. I think that Dillon might be a welcomed addition towards the middle of the season also I don't if there are any other FA RB's out there right now. Does anyone else know who else is out there? Maybe we could pull Tiki out of the studio. Just Kidding he's a team killer.

mkapp

Cheesehead
Reaction score
he worked out great for me in madden 08 for the pack :roll:

haha no. i dont want an overpriced RB who will leave or retire after this year. We are young and need to breed a talented young back.

Buckeyepackfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Come draft day next year TT should do whatever it takes to get Mike hart ftom Michigan!!!!
The guy is carrying that team on his shoulders and is A FOOTBALL PLAYER.
This is coming from a Buckeye fan so you have to know how much I like the guy.

millertime

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I've been saying for a while that this next draft class is littered with running backs. There are about 5 RB that could go in round 1. McFadden, Rice, Slaton, Hart, and Kevin Smith from UCF. Even if he have a low pick, a great back will most likely fall to us.

My pick would either be Slaton or McFadden, (both remind me of Westbrook type RB's) who I think would extremely help our running and passing game.

Maybe one of Jackson, Wynn, Morency, or Grant will step up and claim our starting running back job. This RB by committee approach has not been very impressive (although our record is!!!)

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
I think the only back we have capable of being the full time starter is Wynn.

I liked what I saw in Morency, except the fumble of course, but I think he's too fragile. I like Wynn, have from the start, he just looks like a player to me. When I see him, theres no question he's a NFL football player. When I see Jackson or Morency I think "omg please dont hurt him when u hit him".

Woodson21

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Imo i still think Dillon has it in him.. I heard a couple days ago that, Dillon was taking a look at chicago, and now i hear hes talkin to the bucs.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
PFT has an interesting article about Corey Dillon and his willingness to play for the Pack.

www.profootballtalk.com

If its true Adam is the source then its pretty much a lock its true, he is not wrong to often

POSTED 8:35 p.m. EDT, November 2, 2007

DILLON GETTING READY TO RETURN?

Adam Schefter of NFL Network reports that veteran running back Corey Dillon, who has previously rebuffed inquiries regarding his availability, is receptive to the idea of returning to the Patriots or signing with another playoff contender, such as the Packers.

Dillion, who last played for the Patriots in 2006, is training in preparation for a comeback.

He won a Super Bowl in 2004 with the Patriots, and he would be a great addition to a team without many/any guys who have championship rings on their fingers.

In this regard, we're getting very intrigued by what the Packers might be able to do in the postseason, especially if they could get Dillon to shore up the position. At a time when everyone with a pulse believes that Sunday's game between the Pats and the Colts is a preview of an AFC title game between the same two teams and that the winner of the rematch will seize the Lombardi Trophy without breaking a sweat, we like the idea of Brett Favre sliding a stone into his slingshot and catching Goliath in the ******.

If that could happen, Favre would be able to ride off into the sunset with his own John Elway moment. And we predict that Favre wouldn't do it, and would instead keep coming back as long as his body will allow him to do so.

brennan1884

Cheesehead
Reaction score
i would like to see this but it sounds like a conspiracy theory from the sounds of this page

johnny_blood

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think the Pack should consider it.

They made the decision to go with young guys in the offseason, and that made sense. But the team is off to an amazing start and picking up Dillon could help with a playoff run.

I'm not saying there are holes that our guys are missing, but having another body, especially with Wynn out, could help.

He integrated well into the Patriots and I don't think is a risk for hurting team chemistry.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
johnny_blood said:

They made the decision to go with young guys in the offseason, and that made sense. But the team is off to an amazing start and picking up Dillon could help with a playoff run.

I'm not saying there are holes that our guys are missing, but having another body, especially with Wynn out, could help.

He integrated well into the Patriots and I don't think is a risk for hurting team chemistry.

Before Wynn got hurt, I didnt care about Dillion, but as you say now we MIGHT need that extra body

brennan1884

Cheesehead
Reaction score
johnny_blood said:

Before Wynn got hurt, I didnt care about Dillion, but as you say now we MIGHT need that extra body

no kidding a little security at least we would be getting if heas healthy,,,,,

de_real_deal

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Come draft day next year TT should do whatever it takes to get Mike hart ftom Michigan!!!!
The guy is carrying that team on his shoulders and is A FOOTBALL PLAYER.
This is coming from a Buckeye fan so you have to know how much I like the guy.

I never saw Hart as a great nfl prospect. Not overly fast or agile. I just think he's a really good college player. I love that he never fumbles but i wouldnt really want him unless its round 2 or 3. I'd say stick with the guys we have unless we have a chance to get a stud like a Peterson or Lynch. There are no studs in this draft besides McFadden.

de_real_deal

Cheesehead
Reaction score
PackOne said:
PFT has an interesting article about Corey Dillon and his willingness to play for the Pack.

www.profootballtalk.com

If its true Adam is the source then its pretty much a lock its true, he is not wrong to often

POSTED 8:35 p.m. EDT, November 2, 2007

DILLON GETTING READY TO RETURN?

Adam Schefter of NFL Network reports that veteran running back Corey Dillon, who has previously rebuffed inquiries regarding his availability, is receptive to the idea of returning to the Patriots or signing with another playoff contender, such as the Packers.

Dillion, who last played for the Patriots in 2006, is training in preparation for a comeback.

He won a Super Bowl in 2004 with the Patriots, and he would be a great addition to a team without many/any guys who have championship rings on their fingers.

In this regard, we're getting very intrigued by what the Packers might be able to do in the postseason, especially if they could get Dillon to shore up the position. At a time when everyone with a pulse believes that Sunday's game between the Pats and the Colts is a preview of an AFC title game between the same two teams and that the winner of the rematch will seize the Lombardi Trophy without breaking a sweat, we like the idea of Brett Favre sliding a stone into his slingshot and catching Goliath in the ******.

If that could happen, Favre would be able to ride off into the sunset with his own John Elway moment. And we predict that Favre wouldn't do it, and would instead keep coming back as long as his body will allow him to do so.

Cant stand Adam Scheffer. Our running game will live and die with O-line performance and how efficient we are able to be in the passing game. Our passing threat is what will give rb's room to run, not Corey Dillons frowning face. It has nothing to do with Corey Dillon or anyone else.

Members online

Latest posts