Should Sam Shields return kicks?

dansz15

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think he has done pretty well. Looking at his first three games, he was getting them decent field position, sometimes at the 45 yardline which is something we haven't seen in a long time. If he didn't drop it twice last week I think there wouldn't be as much of an issue. As for Shields, dude has his hands full already as the nickel DB. Let's not give him anymore he needs to excel and master his position before we throw him in another one. Jordy is doing a pretty good job but if the fumbling continues it has to be addressed.

After this week, I don't think it will be an issue anymore.

Sunshine885500

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I believe GB has been buying time until week #7 to re-sign Will Blackman. They released him on a 2 week injury settlement to keep Shields and couldn't resign him until at least week #7. He was free to sign with another team after week #2 but hasn't yet. Hopefully his knee will be fine by then.

OP
OP
Jess

Jess

Movement!
Reaction score
Sam Shields: 1 Return, 49 yds.

It's about damn time the kid got his shot again. And he made the most of it.

I don't want to gloat and say I was right, because it was one return against a team that was giving marginal effort, but there's no reason in my mind he shouldn't be returning kicks against Minnesota in 2 weeks.

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Everything that Shields does he does it right. The kid is special.

Maybe, just maybe, the best FA acquisition in the NFL. Bang for buck, no doubt about it.

gatorpack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I called it in another thread before the game. I think Shields should return kickoffs, but not punts. Its alot easier to catch a kickoff, nd not as risky if you muff it. Shields is probably the fastest guy on the team and has the speed to take it to the house.

Mr. StyleZ

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
After watching him get his one shot, I reallyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy want him to return kickoffs. I cannot go back to watching Jordy returning them..

Mack_20

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I hope we start having him return kicks.. When he brought that 103 yard return agains the Badgers to the house, the guy made the badgers look like fools! his one return last night was good, and he is very fast.. VERY FAST. Ball security is most definately what they need to work on him with, but if they have been, and im sure they have, its his time. I like Jordy, but not in the Return Game

gatorpack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I believe GB has been buying time until week #7 to re-sign Will Blackman. They released him on a 2 week injury settlement to keep Shields and couldn't resign him until at least week #7. He was free to sign with another team after week #2 but hasn't yet. Hopefully his knee will be fine by then.
Will is returning kicks for the Giants. Has been there for awhile.

SpartaChris

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Will is returning kicks for the Giants. Has been there for awhile.

Look at the date on the post you quoted- October 6th. He wasn't a Giant as of yet.

BTW, he's been there a week. Hardly "a while.."

As for Sam Shields, McCarthy said he'll be the returner from here on out. He had a bit of a fumbling problem in pre-season, but maybe he's figured that out now.

gatorpack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Look at the date on the post you quoted- October 6th. He wasn't a Giant as of yet.

BTW, he's been there a week. Hardly "a while.."

As for Sam Shields, McCarthy said he'll be the returner from here on out. He had a bit of a fumbling problem in pre-season, but maybe he's figured that out now.
lol I thought it was a new thread. Really only one week? I thought he went there at least 3weeks ago.. Time must be crawling for me lol

YouFrgotPoland

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You know what the best part about Shields returning kicks is? Jordy can focus purely on receiving. :) Boy that is good to think about.

Members online

Latest posts