Should Packers pursue Raiders' castoffs?

McKnowledge

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Jon Gruden is beginning to sculpt the roster for the Raiders in his image, which means getting rid of productive players. Should Green Bay pick up the newly released Punter Marquette King and TE Clive Walford? Both would be useful additions to the team, and King may certainly be an upgrade, and versatile weapon on special teams. Clive Walford is young and could create a Double TE set (including Jimmy Graham), where both TEs offer different skill sets. Thoughts?

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap30...-raiders-part-ways-with-punter-marquette-king

D

Deleted member 6794

Jon Gruden is beginning to sculpt the roster for the Raiders in his image, which means getting rid of productive players. Should Green Bay pick up the newly released Punter Marquette King and TE Clive Walford? Both would be useful additions to the team, and King may certainly be an upgrade, and versatile weapon on special teams. Clive Walford is young and could create a Double TE set (including Jimmy Graham), where both TEs offer different skill sets. Thoughts?

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap30...-raiders-part-ways-with-punter-marquette-king

I'm absolutely in favor of the Packers moving along with Vogel as their punter. Walford might be worth a look as long as he signs for close to the veteran minimum.

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
I'm absolutely in favor of the Packers moving along with Vogel as their punter.
Agree that Vogel does not need replacing ATM. Why would a team release a competent punter except for $$$$$? It's not as if you change punting schemes from a punt high and deep to a coffin corner punter.
Walford Any player with a name that anyone on this board ever heard of might be worth a look as long as he signs for close to the veteran minimum.
FIFY

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
If the Raiders start casting off CB's, OLB and WR's......I'm in favor of looking at them. :coffee:

After the draft and free agency has wound down, we will see more teams doing what the Raiders are doing, as they start taking a closer look at their roster and cap. As much as I want to see a CB and WR signed soon, I am pretty confident that Gute has his eyes wide open to find guys that fit into our system at the right price.

Snoops

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Waldord is good in madden and is fast.. so he has to be good in real life lol

But for real I liked him coming out of college might be worth a look but highly unlikely

D

Deleted member 6794

the Packers should pursue ANYONE, from ANYWHERE, who is an upgrade. as of now they've fallen from a top 5 team to 12-15.

The Packers are definitely a playoff caliber team as long as Rodgers is healthy. They're an upgraded secondary away from being a legit Super Bowl contender.

Mike McCarthy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
:tdown: Sign them up at vet minimum 1 year prove it deals, evidently that’s what every nfl player is worth that hasn’t previously worn a packer jersey, I am starting to learn it is at that point their values increase exponentially.

swhitset

Cheesehead
Reaction score
:tdown: Sign them up at vet minimum 1 year prove it deals, evidently that’s what every nfl player is worth that hasn’t previously worn a packer jersey, I am starting to learn it is at that point their values increase exponentially.
it seems that you must believe that since you constantly want to dump current players at their high cost to replace them with all of those cheaper better player that are out there.

PackerDNA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Packers are definitely a playoff caliber team as long as Rodgers is healthy. They're an upgraded secondary away from being a legit Super Bowl contender.

Make that an upgraded secondary, a pass rush, a guard(and maybe a tackle), Oline depth, and more speed, talent and depth at WR away from being a legit SB contender.

D

Deleted member 6794

Make that an upgraded secondary, a pass rush, a guard(and maybe a tackle), Oline depth, and more speed, talent and depth at WR away from being a legit SB contender.

I expect the pass rush to be fine this season as long as Matthews and Perry stay healthy especially with Daniels, Clark and Wilkerson providing some pressure from the interior as well. I'm not worried about the offense at all with Rodgers starting all 16 games.

In my opinion the secondary needs a huge upgrade to be able to at least slow down elite opposing offenses.

PackerDNA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Unfortunately, depending on Perry and Matthews to be healthy is a big gamble. IMO, our WR's aren't good or fast enough to win against top defenses, even with Rodgers.

D

Deleted member 6794

Unfortunately, depending on Perry and Matthews to be healthy is a big gamble. IMO, our WR's aren't good or fast enough to win against top defenses, even with Rodgers.

I would be in favor of adding another wide receiver capable of starting opposite of Adams as well but Graham should more than make up for the loss of Nelson this offseason.

D

Deleted member 6794

substantially upgraded...and a wr that's at least as good as 2016 jordy. without those they're maybe a wild-card team.

I agree about the secondary but the receiving corps could be fine with Adams, Cobb and Graham. The Packers are a playoff contender solely based on having Rodgers.

Staff online

Latest posts