Should Favre be able to decide AFTER the NFL Draft?

Should Favre be able to decide AFTER the NFL Draft?

• No! A decision is needed BEFORE the draft, because it will affect how GB drafts players.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • YES! He is Brett Favre, he gets should get all the time he wants.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
should he?

edit - assume my spelling\grammar is all good in this one, which it isnt. :) I just woke up, and the draft approaches!

Popcynical

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I say no.

Sure Favre wants to see what the Packers do with the draft picks, but he'll just have to have faith. So far, I don't think Favre's delayed decision has affected the Packers at all, but if he waited until after the draft, I think it could negatively affect the decisions we make in the draft. Especially if he decides to retire afterwards.

DePack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I like how you worded that. It's not slanted at all!

Anyway, I think Brett will decide this week. What do you think of the story that Brett told TT last week he was retiring but TT told him to think it over. Would that be a case of TT holding up the Packers?

OP
OP
tromadz

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
thats just a big rumor at this point(which id like to find out if its true). I've already stated I dont like how they're handling the Favre situation. I think they should have set a deadline from the get-go(of course that woulda been ruled DISRESPECTFUL by the fans and he woulda been eaten alive).

He assumed Favre would decide around fanfest time(like favre did last year) and assuming is bad, now everyone is paying the price for it. The whole situation sucks. Brett is handling horribly, as is GB\TT. MM is golden though, getting camps prepared, saying the right things, etc.

ps - i hope you were being honest, that poll isnt slanted one bit. we both know where i stand on it, but i worded it very fair.

4packgirl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
hmmm...trommykins = pot stirrer??...
ponder that for awhile, will ya?!? :wink: :lol:

he will decide before the draft so it's a moot point. having said that...
with or without him, drafting is about the future. we all know brett is not truly part of the future (except for this season, hopefully) so i don't see it affecting what we do in the draft, imho!!

OP
OP
tromadz

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
nope, just a poll. i didnt respond until asked a question. i wanna know how people feel.

i know up until this point(april 10th) people feel his indecision is fine.

I want to know how they feel about it when it comes to the draft. that is all.

you give me too much credit.

DePack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
tromadz said:
thats just a big rumor at this point(which id like to find out if its true). I've already stated I dont like how they're handling the Favre situation. I think they should have set a deadline from the get-go(of course that woulda been ruled DISRESPECTFUL by the fans and he woulda been eaten alive).

He assumed Favre would decide around fanfest time(like favre did last year) and assuming is bad, now everyone is paying the price for it. The whole situation sucks. Brett is handling horribly, as is GB\TT. MM is golden though, getting camps prepared, saying the right things, etc.

ps - i hope you were being honest, that poll isnt slanted one bit. we both know where i stand on it, but i worded it very fair.

If TT is worried about gettingeaten alive by the fans he's in the wrong business.

Yea...it's slanted. Reread it. Why not just have a yes or no poll.

Since69

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I voted no.

However, I really, really think Brett's already made his decision. And he's already told TT.

Brett's coming back. Coupla angles here (and they may have been discussed previously)...

1) There will likely be an offer or two for that #5 spot on April 29th. TT will have a huge advantage if he's the only GM that knows for certain that we don't need a QB.

2) TT learned from Mike Holmgren, who learned from Ron Wolf - the king of pre-draft smoke and mirrors.

3) TT let Nall leave for Buffalo without so much as a wimper, and he hasn't made a play for any FA quarterback. TT's frugal, but he's not stupid.

spardo62

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I agree with packgirl. At this point he can take until the 1st minicamp to decide before he would be hurting the team in any way. They need to build for the future and his future is either non-existent or 1 more year at best, making it nonsensical to design your offseason moves and draft around his plans. I would love to see him come back, back do not want to make short term moves to appease him, while losing sight of building something that could last for more than 1-2 years.

Popcynical

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Since69 said:
I voted no.

However, I really, really think Brett's already made his decision. And he's already told TT.

Brett's coming back. Coupla angles here (and they may have been discussed previously)...

1) There will likely be an offer or two for that #5 spot on April 29th. TT will have a huge advantage if he's the only GM that knows for certain that we don't need a QB.

2) TT learned from Mike Holmgren, who learned from Ron Wolf - the king of pre-draft smoke and mirrors.

3) TT let Nall leave for Buffalo without so much as a wimper, and he hasn't made a play for any FA quarterback. TT's frugal, but he's not stupid.

That is an interesting perspective.

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
As long as their no deadline he has as long as he wants. Question should be: Should Green Bay be allowing Favre to take this long and the answer would be no then.

pyledriver80

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yeah completely slanted in his direction for the answer he wants. Then he can come back and say "See, I told you I was right the BOARD supports me!"

I think we all should just start complimenting Tro because I have never seen someone who needs so much validation.

OP
OP
tromadz

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
i feel sorry for you, dont pass on your stupidity to your kids.

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
tromadz said:
should he?

edit - assume my spelling\grammar is all good in this one, which it isnt. :) I just woke up, and the draft approaches!

YES! He is Brett Favre, he gets should get all the time he wants. <-- that answer your question :p

Status
Not open for further replies.