1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!

Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Should Favre be able to decide AFTER the NFL Draft?

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by tromadz, Apr 10, 2006.

?

Should Favre be able to decide AFTER the NFL Draft?

1. No! A decision is needed BEFORE the draft, because it will affect how GB drafts players.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. YES! He is Brett Favre, he gets should get all the time he wants.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tromadz

tromadz Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    should he?

edit - assume my spelling\grammar is all good in this one, which it isnt. :) I just woke up, and the draft approaches!

2. Popcynical

Popcynical Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I say no.

Sure Favre wants to see what the Packers do with the draft picks, but he'll just have to have faith. So far, I don't think Favre's delayed decision has affected the Packers at all, but if he waited until after the draft, I think it could negatively affect the decisions we make in the draft. Especially if he decides to retire afterwards.

3. DePack

DePack Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1
    I like how you worded that. It's not slanted at all!

Anyway, I think Brett will decide this week. What do you think of the story that Brett told TT last week he was retiring but TT told him to think it over. Would that be a case of TT holding up the Packers?

4. tromadz

tromadz Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    thats just a big rumor at this point(which id like to find out if its true). I've already stated I dont like how they're handling the Favre situation. I think they should have set a deadline from the get-go(of course that woulda been ruled DISRESPECTFUL by the fans and he woulda been eaten alive).

He assumed Favre would decide around fanfest time(like favre did last year) and assuming is bad, now everyone is paying the price for it. The whole situation sucks. Brett is handling horribly, as is GB\TT. MM is golden though, getting camps prepared, saying the right things, etc.

ps - i hope you were being honest, that poll isnt slanted one bit. we both know where i stand on it, but i worded it very fair.

5. 4packgirl

4packgirl Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    hmmm...trommykins = pot stirrer??...
    ponder that for awhile, will ya?!? :wink: :lol:

he will decide before the draft so it's a moot point. having said that...
    with or without him, drafting is about the future. we all know brett is not truly part of the future (except for this season, hopefully) so i don't see it affecting what we do in the draft, imho!!

6. tromadz

tromadz Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    nope, just a poll. i didnt respond until asked a question. i wanna know how people feel.

i know up until this point(april 10th) people feel his indecision is fine.

I want to know how they feel about it when it comes to the draft. that is all.

you give me too much credit.

7. DePack

DePack Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1
    If TT is worried about gettingeaten alive by the fans he's in the wrong business.

Yea...it's slanted. Reread it. Why not just have a yes or no poll.

8. tromadz

tromadz Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    i forgot, you think everythings slanted\favre-bashing.

9. Since69

Since69 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1
    I voted no.

However, I really, really think Brett's already made his decision. And he's already told TT.

Brett's coming back. Coupla angles here (and they may have been discussed previously)...

1) There will likely be an offer or two for that #5 spot on April 29th. TT will have a huge advantage if he's the only GM that knows for certain that we don't need a QB.

2) TT learned from Mike Holmgren, who learned from Ron Wolf - the king of pre-draft smoke and mirrors.

3) TT let Nall leave for Buffalo without so much as a wimper, and he hasn't made a play for any FA quarterback. TT's frugal, but he's not stupid.

10. spardo62

spardo62 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I agree with packgirl. At this point he can take until the 1st minicamp to decide before he would be hurting the team in any way. They need to build for the future and his future is either non-existent or 1 more year at best, making it nonsensical to design your offseason moves and draft around his plans. I would love to see him come back, back do not want to make short term moves to appease him, while losing sight of building something that could last for more than 1-2 years.

11. Popcynical

Popcynical Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    That is an interesting perspective.

12. porky88

porky88 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    As long as their no deadline he has as long as he wants. Question should be: Should Green Bay be allowing Favre to take this long and the answer would be no then.

13. pyledriver80

pyledriver80 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Yeah completely slanted in his direction for the answer he wants. Then he can come back and say "See, I told you I was right the BOARD supports me!"

I think we all should just start complimenting Tro because I have never seen someone who needs so much validation.

14. tromadz

tromadz Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    i feel sorry for you, dont pass on your stupidity to your kids.

15. Zero2Cool

Zero2Cool I own a website

Ratings:
    +8
    YES! He is Brett Favre, he gets should get all the time he wants. <-- that answer your question :p

16. pyledriver80

pyledriver80 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    How come I new Tro would resort to Name Calling

17. Zero2Cool

Zero2Cool I own a website

Ratings:
    +8
    #include <ioAnotherOneBitesTheDust.h>

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.