1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
  2. Announcement is LIVE: Read the Forum Post

Sherman re-signed

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by PikeBadger, May 7, 2014.

1. PikeBadger

PikeBadger Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +220
    Richard Sherman extended for 4 years, 40M guaranteed. That's 70M guaranteed for two DB's.
    Sam Shields got 12.5 guaranteed. Huge gamble for Seattle with a big payday for Russell Wilson coming soon. If those two DB's aren't future hall of famers, they're pretty much stuck with them. All depends on how their D-line plays I guess.

2. ivo610

ivo610 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4,078
    wrong part of the forum

Lock up Wilson and you have little left to spend anywhere else. But hey its a good problem to have.

3. captainWIMM

captainWIMM Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2,420
    They will still have approximately $10 million less in cap space invested into the 2015 season than the Packers after extending Sherman. While they still have to re-sign Wilson we have to work out deals with Nelson and Cobb.

So as most of you think the Packers are in great cap shape you don´t have to worry about the Seahawks either.

4. ivo610

ivo610 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4,078
    ugh I never said anything about the packers cap...

5. captainWIMM

captainWIMM Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2,420
    I was referring to a thread I started some weeks ago, the comment wasn´t directed at you.

6. HyponGrey

HyponGrey Caseus Locutus Est

Ratings:
    +1,030
    And nobody gave a singe flying... They still have plenty of cap.

7. PikeBadger

PikeBadger Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +220
    Not really disagreeing with anyone here, just find it interesting that Seattle tied up that much bonus money into 2 DB's.
    Will be interesting to see how they handle future contract extensions.

8. captainWIMM

captainWIMM Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2,420
    While the guaranteed money is an issue if a team wants to release a player during the contract the average salary per year is the more important factor if teams expect a player to finish the contract.

9. Carl

Carl Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,019
    With Sherman and Thomas getting their deals now, the days of Seattle trading for big players and signing more than minimal cost free agents is coming to a close, especially with Wilson still needing a deal.

This will help the Packers and rest of the league catch back up. Nothing about either the Packers or Seahawks being in bad cap situations, as I don't think either team is. The Seahawks will just have to start letting guys go if they want to keep trading for guys like Harvin.