Secondary

Murgen

MechaPackzilla
Reaction score
Man, I think GB is gonna be one and done if we don't fix this Secondary. 503 yards!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The Steelers embarrassed our D Big time and showed exactly how to beat this team. Forget running against GB, go to the air against GB. We have no pass rush (except from Matthews), and if we blitz Woodson we take out one of our best DBs.

This is a big concern as I see it and a critical flaw in the GB Defense as I see it.

Also our D got zero turnovers which we have thrived on this year.

JCpackers04

Cheesehead
Reaction score
yeah i posted in the gameday thread about how this is worrying me for when the playoffs role around. Favre shredded us in the two meetings and now big ben took apart our secondary. So a match-up with Arizona or Philadelphia both pretty good passing teams could get ugly if our secondary doesnt show up. However, the bright spot was the game against the Cowboys where the defense played outstanding. So depending on if our secondary comes to play is gonna determine our playoff run this year.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
I think this D just flat out got beat..Maybe on field way to long,maybe they just dont match up well with them,but Pitt seemed to know what to call and when

NYPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
There was one play on 3rd down when Ben didn't know what the hell to do. so he just chucked it up in the direction of jarret bush. wouldn't you know it he got the completion. On the next drive Ben did it again and got another completion. That's the weakness of our secondary, JARRET FRIGGIN BUSH!

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
From another forum

It's worth nothing that Pittsburgh needed that type of game out of Ben to beat the Packers today.

500 yards to beat GB, thats a ton of passing..that is a bright spot if anything

DILLIGAFF

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I understand what people are saying about the fact we can be beat through the air and our pass rush lacking, but I think this has to do with the size and athletic ability of the QB. We got pressure on Ben, but half the time he was able to run and due to his size we could not bring him down which bought him more time.

The only team in the playoffs that worry me are the Eagles, because McNab is built the same as Ben and can cause the same problems.

I don't think we have anything to panic or worry about, that was just a great game with lots of players making plays decide by one point.

OP
OP
Murgen

Murgen

MechaPackzilla
Reaction score
Seemed like Pitt knew EXACTLY what to do to beat us. PASS. If we can't shut down a one dimensional offense. We are gonna get booted fast from the playoffs. Just saying. Our secondary just got exposed, and they better figure something out FAST.

Our top priority better be Offensive Line and Defensive Secondary next year.

NYPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I understand what people are saying about the fact we can be beat through the air and our pass rush lacking, but I think this has to do with the size and athletic ability of the QB. We got pressure on Ben, but half the time he was able to run and due to his size we could not bring him down which bought him more time.

The only team in the playoffs that worry me are the Eagles, because McNab is built the same as Ben and can cause the same problems.

I don't think we have anything to panic or worry about, that was just a great game with lots of players making plays decide by one point.

However then there are those teams who have fragile quarterbacks but stout O-lines. Arizona has an OK line but the Saints and the Eagles will be a challenge. The eagles will be a dual threat, they have 2 mobile quarterbacks on their team as well as a big-physical offensive line.

DILLIGAFF

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Seemed like Pitt knew EXACTLY what to do to beat us. PASS. If we can't shut down a one dimensional offense. We are gonna get booted fast from the playoffs. Just saying. Our secondary just got exposed, and they better figure something out FAST.

Our top priority better be Offensive Line and Defensive Secondary next year.

Our secondary did not play its best game, but Ben had a great day and was able to hold onto the ball longer than most QBs because of his size and athletic ability. We got pressure on him that would have resulted in hurries (incomplete passes) or sacks but Ben was able to buy more time because we could not bring him down.

The only other team that worries me are the Eagle because their QB is built the same way.

Ben had to have one of the best games of his life to beat the Pack by one point. No reason to panic, great game that a lot of players on both sides made great plays. Great players having great performances does not mean the Packers suck. Our secondary can improve, but they are good enough for the Pack to make a run in the playoffs.:viksux:

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Our secondary did not play its best game, but Ben had a great day and was able to hold onto the ball longer than most QBs because of his size and athletic ability. We got pressure on him that would have resulted in hurries (incomplete passes) or sacks but Ben was able to buy more time because we could not bring him down.

The only other team that worries me are the Eagle because their QB is built the same way.

Ben had to have one of the best games of his life to beat the Pack by one point. No reason to panic, great game that a lot of players on both sides made great plays. Great players having great performances does not mean the Packers suck. Our secondary can improve, but they are good enough for the Pack to make a run in the playoffs.:viksux:
took him 500 yards to beat us

OP
OP
Murgen

Murgen

MechaPackzilla
Reaction score
I guess I'll try to look on the bright side that he had to pass for 500 yards to beat us (and a crosby stink foot special) instead of panicking. Still it was an eye opener.

Ted's Zombie Army

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The penalties killed us more than the blown coverages, with the exception of Bush who always seems to get scorched. The secondary and linebackers are killing themselves with the interference calls.

Members online

Latest posts