Secondary Depth

ARodsBelt12

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Just read an article about Chris Banjo and how Capers is planning to give him more time at S. I like this kid a lot but it got me thinking about what's going to happen with our secondary, we have some serious depth at CB which is a great thing but what do you guys think the chances are we see Hyde or Hayward switched to S once Hayward makes it back on the field. I'd be surprised to see it happen this year but maybe in the future?

H

HardRightEdge

Hyde, yes, when Heyward retuns. I liked him there since preseason. Cover, tackle, football smart...and his field speed is better than his Combine 4.5 judging from the way he closed on Whittaker on that KO return. I was especially impressed with the way he handled Cameron. He's kind of a defensive version of Cobb...they just move and play like natural football players.

If Banjo gets more time this season it will be at McMillan's expense as the physical complement to Jennings as the coverage guy, such as it is. Hyde and Banjo should compete for starting safety in next year's camp...McMillan is largely clueless in coverage and won't be around much longer while Jennings is soft and makes too many mistakes.

What about House? Since that one terrible preseason game, he's looked pretty darn good with teams throwing at him as the "weak link". If it comes down to salary cap issues next off season, Williams could be looking for a job....he's due $7.2 million next season with minimal dead cap money...around $1.2 million.

adambr2

Cheesehead
Reaction score
McMillian looks like he regressed this year. I liked him a lot more as a rookie.

I think he gets another year, but the meter is trending towards bust. He doesn't seem to have good natural safety instincts and has continually gotten lost in coverage.

HyponGrey

Caseus Locutus Est
Reaction score
Hyde won't get moved until at least next year if at all barring an emergency conversion due to injury (looking more and more likely)

Members online

Latest posts