Sean Payton Gives GB Some Love

morningwood

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Saints' fan here.

I am reading SP's new book "Home Team." He spends a good bit of time discussing how his dream job was GB. He was actually in NOLA for his interview when he got the call informing him GB had decided to go in another direction. He is very candid about how crushed he was at the time.

He talks about the GB tradition and how excellent the organization is. I am not suggesting that the time spent makes it worthwhile for a GB fan to buy the book for that reason alone, but I thought you guys might be interested in hearing about it.

(BTW, I do think that most football fans would enjoy the book. He is pretty candid and it's fun to get some insight into the NFL).

OH man, I can't edit the typo in the title.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
At this point I am okay with us not hiring him, because if he didnt bring us a championship all were left with is accusations that he was stealing pills from the team. The last thing we need is another distraction.

OP
OP
morningwood

morningwood

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well, the point of the thread really was not to say, "look what you could have had." That would be silly -- who knows how things would have turned out. The Pack could be better or worse.

As for the Vicodin comment, the fact is there is no allegation that Payton stole any pills. There is an implication that Vicodin was being dispensed to him wihout a prescription -- but the Plaintiff in the suit never goes so far to actually say that. What he says is that a trainer told him that Payton did not have a medical condition that would require him to take Vicodin. If that was actually said, was the trainer's statement one of fact or opinion? SP, on the other hand, has been clear that it was always taken under a prescription.

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I've read great reviews about the book. But I did know that story, about GB being his first choice.
The brass wanted a no-nonsense guy, who had plenty of experience under the WCO. MM is from Pittsburgh, and played under Schottenheimer in KC, had coached Favre before, so they thought he was the perfect candidate.

OP
OP
morningwood

morningwood

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Thanks to the mod who fixed that typo.

Yeah, I can understand the Pac going in a different direction. I can tell you SP was a lot more impressed with the Pac than he was with Al Davis -- that was an interesting story.

Members online

Latest posts