Seahawks Open To Trading Former First-rounder Lb Curry

Future

He did WHAT?
Reaction score
It's a possibility according to Bob McGinn of the MJS. If we gave up a 5th or less, I'd be OK with it. My guess is that Ted sees some pass-rushing ability from him and sees him as a potential answer to the OLB spot opposite Clay. It's an intriguing option.

Powarun

Big Bay Blues fan
Reaction score
Um probably not, I want to see So'oto and hopefully this doesn't become the Lynch 2011 debate

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
ted is going to let go of a late round draft pick? I find that hard to believe lol

Spanish Rose

Cheesehead
Reaction score
i was just gonna start this thread.. i say bring him on at the right price.. id even be willing to give up a 4th for the guy.. he has the makings to be one of the best LB's in the league.. idk about OLB dude, but him and bishop could really do wonders in the middle with the right coaching

gbpowner

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hmmm....interesting! I can see Thompson at least chatting with his former employee, Schneider about the possibility of a trade.

Southpaw

Endorphin Junkie
Reaction score
I heard the Packers were considering a trade for Aaron Curry (Seahawks OLB) anybody have any news on it or if it's legit? Any thoughts on if it would be a good addition opposite Matthews with Zombo out?

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I feel like we had another thread on this at one point.

Im sure they are kicking tires, but it takes alot for TT to do a trade.

Southpaw

Endorphin Junkie
Reaction score

bozz_2006

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He hasn't shown a hint of anything in his time at Seattle. This is the complete opposite kind of guy than who we typically go after. I'm not saying it won't happen, but has there ever, ever!, been a precedent for Thompson trading for a top ten draft pick who busts?

Reaction score
He hasn't shown a hint of anything in his time at Seattle. This is the complete opposite kind of guy than who we typically go after. I'm not saying it won't happen, but has there ever, ever!, been a precedent for Thompson trading for a top ten draft pick who busts?

I agree with you 100%, but when has Ted Thompson ever ever done anything that we could predict? I gave up trying to figure out what he would do years ago. I just trust in TED!

7thFloorRA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I wouldn't be shocked if TT made some kind of move this year. I doubt it would be curry, but if there were a LB option out there that would upgrade the pass coverage or pass rush I think he does something.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
he has come very close to making several big trades. Moss. Tony gonz. I feel like there was one other big one I am failing to remember. Most of the time it just came to the other team wanting too much.

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Tough to sort out actual rumor or random speculation. TT will do what he thinks is in the best interest of the Packers - no telling what his feelings are on Curry. My bet, is if you can't make it on a poor team, you probably won't do better on a good team. But then again, maybe in some cases a player is being used in a wrong system for his talents.

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score
He didn't jump on trading for anybody to replace Collins did he? I think we kind of know what we are going to get with TT. Last year we had 15 guys on IR and how many trades were made to compensate for any of them? 15 guys! I think TT would have to have serious doubts about our pass rush to even consider giving up one or several of his coveted picks to resolve the issue. The pass rush would have to be irreparable, causing us to lose games and putting our SB hopes in jeopardy.

To be honest, I don't see the pass rush as being that bad. It's not what it was last year but I really think it's going to recover. They have to get used to have two big guys out, Jenkins and Collins. Either one of them is a huge loss on their own. I have faith they will adapt and come back stronger. That's the way this team works, they keep digging and they never give up.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts