Seahawks Misery

PackerDNA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Things have not been addressed quickly or well enough. ILB heads into what, year 3,4,5 as a weakness? TE goes into year 3, S took the better part of 3 years, Lacy is the first true upper level back in the 11 years of this regime.
Despite going into OT vs AZ, this team was not a true, legit SB team this season. Every year, an unaddressed weakness is exposed in the playoffs. This team has hit a ceiling, and is at a crossroads. Unless Thompson is willing to be more aggressive across the board, then falling short in the playoffs will be as far as they go, and the window of opportunity in having a hall of fame QB will close without another title.

Notso

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Beyond that, this team is nowhere near at a ceiling. Not even close. You seem to very much want it to be but as the old saying goes "wishing doesn't make it so." I would like to see Thompson be slightly more aggressive at times but only slightly more aggressive and at very few times.

Year after year after year, Thompson is regarded pretty much unilaterally throughout the league as one of the best, if not the best, in the business. This is by his peers, who are also his competitors. The guys that know far more about this than I know. I suspect they know far more about it than you know as well. More than any of us fans will ever know. That's not a slight... they probably know a lot less about your job than you know about your job as well. That's just how the world works.

Last edited:

PackerDNA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This team is nowhere near at a ceiling. Not even close. You seem to very much want it to be but as the old saying goes "wishing doesn't make it so." I would like to see Thompson be slightly more aggressive at times but only slightly more aggressive and at very few times.

Year after year after year, Thompson is regarded pretty much unilaterally throughout the league as one of the best, if not the best, in the business. This is by his peers, who are also his competitors. The guys that know far more about this than I know. I suspect they know far more about it than you know as well. More than any of us fans will ever know. That's not a slight... they probably know a lot less about your job than you know about your job as well. That's just how the world works.
They have been the same for the last 5 seasons; win ten plus, make the playoffs, come up short. The M.O. has been the same every time, and it's time to go for it a bit more. I'll buy the bolded part; be judicious, but get off your hands.

Notso

Cheesehead
Reaction score
At what cost? I've not yet seen you address that. Not just dollars today, but future cap problems as well... the real cost, long term. Nothing comes for free. What are you willing to sacrifice? How many good, young players in line for a second contract will you let walk in order to "go for it a bit more" now?

And what if your "go for it" guys don't pan out, as so many of them don't? It only takes a couple of big money free agent contracts to apply some long term hurt... especially if the money is wasted and you still have the same holes in your roster. Then what? Embrace the suck? For how many years?

PackerDNA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
When your as close as this team is every year, you go for that get over the hump move. No ones talking about going crazy and diving head first into cap hell. Be smart about it, and cap increases along with other factors will make the job easier.
Get me one or two difference makers who help you get over that 'hump' and you can say bye bye to most of the guys on the teams FA list this year and not miss a beat. Out of time, gotta meet the fellas at the pub for the games. Have a great day, we'll jaw again later.

OP
OP
Crockett&Tubbs

Crockett&Tubbs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Things have not been addressed quickly or well enough. ILB heads into what, year 3,4,5 as a weakness? TE goes into year 3, S took the better part of 3 years, Lacy is the first true upper level back in the 11 years of this regime.
Despite going into OT vs AZ, this team was not a true, legit SB team this season. Every year, an unaddressed weakness is exposed in the playoffs. This team has hit a ceiling, and is at a crossroads. Unless Thompson is willing to be more aggressive across the board, then falling short in the playoffs will be as far as they go, and the window of opportunity in having a hall of fame QB will close without another title.
I agree with many of your points. We ignore holes for too long, and we are slow to put in the guys who can be better. I remember wanting Desmond Bishop for at least a year before they inserted him, same with Sam Barrington, and same with Janis.
We all knew over a year ago we needed an upgrade at ILB. We had our pick of ANY ILB in the draft. Any of them.
Alonzo Highsmith wanted Denzel Perryman. Others wanted Eric Kendricks, some others wanted Stephone Anthony. I think it's safe to say that all 3 would have been a huge upgrade over what we had this year there. Now Damarious Randall is good, so there's that.

Despite that, I 100% disagree with you about this team not being a legit SB team this season. I am also usually pessimistic by nature. But before the preseason started and we lost Jordy Nelson, we were the oddsmaker favorites to win the Super Bowl, and I felt we had a chance to do what Carolina did this year, and that's almost go 16-0. They went 15-1. We still almost beat them there without Jordy. We would have been so much better with Jordy.

Now, here are some things we all can agree on.

• Seattle made the past 2 Super Bowls., while we were home watching.
  • Their QB is young and getting better.
  • Their defense is still loaded, the NFL's best once again.
  • They found a WR finally, and they will get TE Jimmy Graham back last year.
  • They are the luckiest team in NFL playoff history.
  • Their GM is more like the Patriots GM and is not afraid to bring in guys from other teams like Marshawn Lynch, Jimmy Graham, Percy Harvin, Matt Flynn. Point is, it doesn't always work. But it sometimes does, and they are able to recover from some misses (Harvin, Flynn) because of other good moves. And Harvin being a "miss" wasn't that bad as he helped them win their Super Bowl. And our Draft Picks don't always work either. The irony and the connection is Jon Schneider, and Marshawn Lynch. Remember according to many sources, the Packers and Bills had a deal for Marshawn Lynch back in 09-10. But Seattle offered just a tad more, so they got him. Similar to NE getting Randy Moss from Oakland before the 2007 season. We had a deal with Oakland there too, but NE offered a tad more. Each time, TT stuck to his principle and number and wouldn't get it done despite being close. NE & Seattle each got a lot better because of those 2 players.
  • Seattle visits Lambeau again in 2016.

PackerDNA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
C&T, I should have been more clear. I felt that way after the Nelson injury and specifically from mid season on. By then, I never felt they were any better than 3rd best in the NFC, if that.

sschind

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Who said- or is acting like- this is a second rate organization because they haven't won a SB title since 201o?
This is my problem with the Pollyanna club. They can't counterpoint the actual points actually made by others, so they twist quotes around, put words in their mouthes, or tell that person what they think or would think in a situation all to fit their point and agenda. And they're reading comprehension skills suck.

Well, so far prior to this post of yours, You, Rodell and patriot just to name three.

sschind

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Sounds like the actions of a second rate team but we know no one has called them a second rate team.

Members online

Latest posts