Seahawks Misery

D

Deleted member 6794

And also your point against the Packers could be said about the Patriots prior to last year. It's not a knock on the Patriots. They've done a great job. But pointing to them as excellent, which they are, as proof the Packers are 2nd rate actually helps argue the opposite rather than the point your intending if SB wins are the end goal

The Patriots have won four Super Bowls (and still have a chance for another one this season) while having a future HOF QB for 15 seasons. On the other hand the Packers have won two starting two such QBs over the last 24 years. I will be disappointed if that number doesn't increase before Rodgers retires.

RRyder

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Patriots have won four Super Bowls (and still have a chance for another one this season) while having a future HOF QB for 15 seasons. On the other hand the Packers have won two starting two such QBs over the last 24 years. I will be disappointed if that number doesn't increase before Rodgers retires.

I will also. I just won't make that judgement or any assumptions on that untill he actually retires

PackerDNA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Your kidding right?

Yep never saw a post saying the Packers brass is happy settling for and being mediocre.

And you question others reading comprehension skills?

Not by me. And you take seriously any others posting such over the top stuff seriously, making statements that don't get within a million light years of objective analysis?

RRyder

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Not by me. And you take seriously any others posting such over the top stuff seriously, making statements that don't get within a million light years of objective analysis?

When they make the same posts over and over again then yes. I firmly believe people mean what they're saying because I firmly believe that there's alot of people simply looking to complain about something no matter what

PackerDNA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
When they make the same posts over and over again then yes. I firmly believe people mean what they're saying because I firmly believe that there's alot of people simply looking to complain about something no matter what

Then don't let it take away from yours, mine, and others discussion. Let 'em rant into the wind.

I

I asked LT to delete my acct

I think we should change your name to SeahawkDNA. Your constant negativity is annoying and derails any discussion. Welcome to the ignore list.

The man is entitled to have an opinion, even if you disagree with it.

I

Who said- or is acting like- this is a second rate organization because they haven't won a SB title since 201o?
This is my problem with the Pollyanna club. They can't counterpoint the actual points actually made by others, so they twist quotes around, put words in their mouthes, or tell that person what they think or would think in a situation all to fit their point and agenda. And they're reading comprehension skills suck.

Now now Mr DNA, play nice please ;)

PackerDNA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Now now Mr DNA, play nice please ;)

Am I wrong, Bill? This is why you can't sustain a conversation here anymore; no criticism or you'll upset the Pollyanna Club. Whatever they say is fine, like the idiotic post by Wynnebeck. No problem there, right? Seems like the problem is anyone who calls them on it.

I

Am I wrong, Bill? This is why you can't sustain a conversation here anymore; no criticism or you'll upset the Pollyanna Club. Whatever they say is fine, like the idiotic post by Wynnebeck. No problem there, right? Seems like the problem is anyone who calls them on it.

I take your point. but.....;)

Wynnebeck

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He's entitled to his opinion just as I'm entitled to not having to read it. lol

Wynnebeck

Cheesehead
Reaction score
But obviously you did ? If he annoys you that much, keep ignoring him and stop trying to provoke a reaction. Polite observation......

You misunderstand. Ive only saw his last comment before I put him on ignore. I haven't seen any of his comment since then while my last comment was directed at you, not him. Sorry if it seemed otherwise.

I

You misunderstand. Ive only saw his last comment before I put him on ignore. I haven't seen any of his comment since then while my last comment was directed at you, not him. Sorry if it seemed otherwise.

Provoke him or provoke me, either way.......don`t. Thanks :tup:

Wynnebeck

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Uh, now you have me confused. I'm not trying to provoke anyone. I'm just going to leave before I get banned for some silly reason.

TeamTundra

Cheesehead
Reaction score
They're a top team with nearly all of their key players locked up, in good shape vs the cap, and an aggresive front office. They're in as good of shape as anyone, and currently in better shape then us.

The Seahawks have several key personnel decisions to make this offseason. Their offense line was a
mess this year and their best OT (Okung) is a free agent that will probably command a $8 to $10
million per year salary. Their best guard (Sweezy) is also a free agent as is a starting WR, both
starting DTs, Bruce Irvin and some backup CB depth. A report this week suggested Marshawn Lynch is leaning towards retirement and although Thomas Rawls was a nice surprise, he is coming off a serious injury suffered late in the year. They have $29 million in cap space available and the Packers have $22.5, not a night and day
difference given the Packers have more players under contact.

Their front office has made some good moves, but they also have had some blow up in their face.
The Percy Harvin trade was a bust as well as was the Cary Williams signing. The Jimmy Graham trade
may also end up a huge disappointment. They now have a TE with a $9 million cap figure that will be
30 years old this year coming off a serious knee injury. He also didn't appear to fit in their offense when
he was healthy.

If Blair Walsh doesn't shank a chip shot field goal they wouldn't have won a playoff game this year.
Never mind that when they did advance they were totally outplayed 31 - 0 in the first half of the
Carolina game.

TeamTundra

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The LA Rams and 49ers don't really constitute a good division. Arizona sure, but the North could be just as tough a division next year. And Carolina did what they did without their #1 receiver this year. I just think we are inferior in terms of talent and coaching to all of those teams.

You must have missed the fact that the Rams swept the Seahawks this past year. One of those games
Case Keenum was the Rams QB.

Notso

Cheesehead
Reaction score
ONLY the Patriots have had long-term success to rival (actually better than) that of the Packers. It isn't easy when you draft near the bottom year after year after year. Schneider has done a few nice things but Seattle isn't built anywhere nearly as well as the Packers are built to maintain long-term success.

A few short years ago, Seattle was the most complete team in the league. They did it by way of FA signings that they were only able to make because Wilson was dirt cheap. Wilson is no longer cheap and many of those FA guys are gone or about to be. Other guys are aging, as they all do. The Seahawks have holes now, as all teams do eventually, and some of their holes are glaring as well as deep.

I'll take any and all bets that Seattle (or anyone else for that matter) will not put together a 15 year (and counting) run of respectability and relevance to rival that of the Packers, much less the Patriots. It's nearly impossible. We are very fortunate. I find it hard to believe how hard that is to accept for so many people. To put it bluntly, many of you are just spoiled. You've become so used to success that you seem to think that anything other than a championship every year is a failure. It just doesn't work that way, especially with the NFL striving for parity. Every fan base in the league, with the exception of the Pats' fan base, would KILL to have the success we've had for 15 years and counting.

The Packers in 2010 as well as the Giants in 2007 and 2011 both clearly showed that all you need to do is make it to the playoffs and get hot when it matters to win it all. I'll take the Packers' and the Patriots' runs of long-term success over loading up for a big run of a couple years and then sinking back into obscurity for several years while recovering from that run and I'll take it EVERY time.

I

Uh, now you have me confused. I'm not trying to provoke anyone. I'm just going to leave before I get banned for some silly reason.

You're not going to be banned for anything. Just use the ignore feature is all. No need for ANY unpleasant behavior. You are all adults.

Notso

Cheesehead
Reaction score
There`s still time...lol

For what? To **** off the four remaining women in Wisconsin that don't have a bounty on my head? Because trust me, that whole "become an adult" ship sailed long ago. Thankfully, the current wife (for several years and for life) finds my child-like ways rather charming. Otherwise, I'd have to go into witness protection.

PackerDNA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Seahawks have several key personnel decisions to make this offseason. Their offense line was a
mess this year and their best OT (Okung) is a free agent that will probably command a $8 to $10
million per year salary. Their best guard (Sweezy) is also a free agent as is a starting WR, both
starting DTs, Bruce Irvin and some backup CB depth. A report this week suggested Marshawn Lynch is leaning towards retirement and although Thomas Rawls was a nice surprise, he is coming off a serious injury suffered late in the year. They have $29 million in cap space available and the Packers have $22.5, not a night and day
difference given the Packers have more players under contact.

Their front office has made some good moves, but they also have had some blow up in their face.
The Percy Harvin trade was a bust as well as was the Cary Williams signing. The Jimmy Graham trade
may also end up a huge disappointment. They now have a TE with a $9 million cap figure that will be
30 years old this year coming off a serious knee injury. He also didn't appear to fit in their offense when
he was healthy.

If Blair Walsh doesn't shank a chip shot field goal they wouldn't have won a playoff game this year.
Never mind that when they did advance they were totally outplayed 31 - 0 in the first half of the
Carolina game.

Excellent counterpoints, also valid 'other side of the coin' arguments. Could go either way; too many variables. How do injuries play in? Do key players have down years? Do their careers suddenly decline and not recover? Suspensions, off field issues? My point is that without knowing such things, IMO Seattle has done an excellent job of aggressively making moves to keep themselves at or near the top. They've done a good job of locking up key players without destroying their cap. I also think they have more 'upper level' impact players , especially on defense.

ONLY the Patriots have had long-term success to rival (actually better than) that of the Packers. It isn't easy when you draft near the bottom year after year after year. Schneider has done a few nice things but Seattle isn't built anywhere nearly as well as the Packers are built to maintain long-term success.

A few short years ago, Seattle was the most complete team in the league. They did it by way of FA signings that they were only able to make because Wilson was dirt cheap. Wilson is no longer cheap and many of those FA guys are gone or about to be. Other guys are aging, as they all do. The Seahawks have holes now, as all teams do eventually, and some of their holes are glaring as well as deep.

I'll take any and all bets that Seattle (or anyone else for that matter) will not put together a 15 year (and counting) run of respectability and relevance to rival that of the Packers, much less the Patriots. It's nearly impossible. We are very fortunate. I find it hard to believe how hard that is to accept for so many people. To put it bluntly, many of you are just spoiled. You've become so used to success that you seem to think that anything other than a championship every year is a failure. It just doesn't work that way, especially with the NFL striving for parity. Every fan base in the league, with the exception of the Pats' fan base, would KILL to have the success we've had for 15 years and counting.

The Packers in 2010 as well as the Giants in 2007 and 2011 both clearly showed that all you need to do is make it to the playoffs and get hot when it matters to win it all. I'll take the Packers' and the Patriots' runs of long-term success over loading up for a big run of a couple years and then sinking back into obscurity for several years while recovering from that run and I'll take it EVERY time.

Again, excellent post, great counterpoints, but I'll take issue with the '15 year run' . No way to know if they'll do that or not , simply because over that time frame you're talking about 2 completely different teams and rosters by then.
As to your last paragraph... just a matter of perspective. I'm not spoiled, nor do I believe you'll win the title every year, but I do believe- especially when you're close to a title- you should do everything you can to win one, which IMO isn't the case in Green Bay. Too worried about tomorrows that never come.
In the end, it's all about winning the Super Bowl. In your last sentence, you'll take a long term of contention- real or perceived' - and IMO this year's team was not a legit contender- over short term success. Maybe I'm playing semantics here, but I'll take a few down years for a title. The Giants have won 2 SB's since 2007. If I'm not mistaken, they haven't even made the playoffs otherwise in that time. Two titles in 8 years is as many as the Packers have won in the last 48 years. I'll take it.

Notso

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Packers have won 4 Super Bowls, not just 2. This year was an aberration but beyond that we've been in legitimate contention many times. Last year absolutely should have been ours. It took an epic meltdown, mostly by special teams, coupled with a historic end-of-game performance by Wilson and the 'Hawks to keep it from happening. Afterwards, McCarthy said ST would be fixed... and it was. I cannot equate that with nothing being done or dreaming of tomorrows.

Before that, the run game was horrid. McCarthy said it would be fixed, and it was. They drafted Lacy and Franklin. Sadly, Franklin lost his career to injury before it ever got started. Lacy appeared to be "all that" (more on Lacy below). I also cannot equate that with nothing being done or dreaming of tomorrows.

Before that, we desperately needed help at OLB. Thompson signed Peppers, which many scoffed at but who has turned out to be of high value. I also cannot equate that with nothing being done or dreaming of tomorrows.

We desperately needed help at CB. Thompson drafted two guys in the high rounds (but at the bottom of those rounds) that had many shaking their heads. Both appear to gems in the making and sooner rather than later. Before those two were Hyde and Clinton-Dix who are also rounding into very sound players, if not overly "****." Our young secondary seems like it will be an absolute strength for years to come. I absolutely cannot equate that with nothing being done or dreaming of tomorrows.

Every time a glaring need has reared its head, it has been addressed; and with the exception of Peppers, addressed for the long haul. I cannot equate ANY of that with nothing being done or dreaming of tomorrows. I equate every bit of that with many things being done while not sacrificing our tomorrows in favor of quick, overpriced fixes as knee-jerk reactions. It's sound planning is what it is. Extremely sound.

This year's team, before the wheels fell off, looked well positioned again. Unfortunately, there were just too many injuries at WR for the entire year and OL for much of the year. That, and Lacy lost his mind. Let us hope Lacy gets his mind right and comes to camp in shape and ready to rock. The injuries will have healed and I'm excited about some of the young receivers.

The Packers will be legitimate contenders again next year and for the foreseeable future. I'm good with that.

Members online

Latest posts