Scott Green to be Superbowl Ref

dansz15

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He is one of the best, that is what is sad about this league.

Someone said it perfect earlier, get rid of these teachers and old lawyers and make this a full time position. After a brutal two years of crap calls, no calls, and insanity I think it is time for a professional staff and full time positions.

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That is a huge slap in the Packers' face, I'll tell you that...

Reward for a terrible performance in a crucial divisional game, that's what must be...

I'll bet one side will complain a lot about some missed calls, that WILL happen. My bet? The Saints will feel in their bones what we went through...

dewitt60

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I've said it for over 3 years, make it a full time job and pay these guys some major cash. They should be physically fit and work at least 10 months a year practicing their craft. Increase the ramifications for blown calls. Allow coaches 2 seperate challenge flags for blown calls. This is a billion dollar industry being monitored on the field by part time old men. it's Ridiculous.

OP
OP
J

jrpack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That is a huge slap in the Packers' face, I'll tell you that...

Reward for a terrible performance in a crucial divisional game, that's what must be...

I'll bet one side will complain a lot about some missed calls, that WILL happen. My bet? The Saints will feel in their bones what we went through...

The bigger slap in the face was when they admitted to a mistake in the Vikes game. It wouldn't have helped our defense play better in the Cards game which is ultimately why we lost, but I would have liked to see the NFL own their mistakes, not reward bad calls by giving Scott a SB to screw up.

AllouezPackerFan

Section 121 Row 47
Reaction score
If Scott Green was my dog, I'd shave his butt and make him walk backwards. What a sorry excuse for a ref. Viewing that play in overtime again and again, there is NO DOUBT that is a face mask. No doubt.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I've said it for over 3 years, make it a full time job and pay these guys some major cash. They should be physically fit and work at least 10 months a year practicing their craft. Increase the ramifications for blown calls. Allow coaches 2 seperate challenge flags for blown calls. This is a billion dollar industry being monitored on the field by part time old men. it's Ridiculous.
I like your idea and I agree.
What would they do in the off season? Get a paid vacation for the months they don't work?
Or maybe they could work at the football camps honing their craft?
:pilot:

OP
OP
J

jrpack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
What would they do in the off season? Get a paid vacation for the months they don't work?

I like the football camp idea, they could sit around and watch tapes of their blown calls. Maybe watch tapes of what a facemask looks like, or learn that the ball has to leave the QB's hand before it can be called a late hit.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I like the football camp idea, they could sit around and watch tapes of their blown calls. Maybe watch tapes of what a facemask looks like, or learn that the ball has to leave the QB's hand before it can be called a late hit.
If players can be penalized for making mistakes then shouldn't refs be too?
Yes they are human and nobody's prefect, but there should be some incentive so they make less mistakes.
:skull:

OP
OP
J

jrpack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If players can be penalized for making mistakes then shouldn't refs be too?
Yes they are human and nobody's prefect, but there should be some incentive so they make less mistakes.
:skull:

They should fine them for obvious bad calls, as they do the players for illegal hits.

dewitt60

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Give them 2 months free or maybe a month after the bowl. i want all of them present at the combines and at team workouts to get familiar with player tendancies so rookies don't always get ******. Vets get that call rookies don't is ********. If a rookie is a stud then you didn't do your homework or you're just a "good ol' boy" ref. This is not that hard to fix if Goodell gets off his *** and pushes it. The refs wiill balk and we may have to use college refs for awhile in the interim but can it be that bad?

I'm tired of bad refs deciding games. They've went past the "they're human" threshold into the "I'll do the minimum" threshold. Do they drug test? Hmmmmmm maybe a starter. Can they run the 40 in under 15 seconds? That's a red flag for me. like I said this is a multi billion industry held hostage by part timers.:dontknow:

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts