saying hi

armand34

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This game means a lot, Giants are brimming w/ confidence, playing "underdog" role, what I think is so easy to overlook is how much harder it is to stay up on the Pedestal of being the best...much easier to play the role as the underdog b/c if you lose it's not a shock, but if you win...it's the best game ever...Packers are the favorite, they are the champs, they have the best record in football, they are well rested @ about 99% healthy (missing collins all year), they have every team giving them their best shot every week, and probably have the brightest star in FOOTBALL under center...Giants are on a 3 game winning streak against the Jets, 'Boys, & Dirty Birds...Packers are 22-1 since they beat the Giants last year...WHO'S THE HOTTER TEAM????

CAN'T WAIT FOR THIS GAME!!!!

Southpaw

Endorphin Junkie
Reaction score
Feeling very confident. Team is healthy. Starks, Jennings, Bulaga, Clifton all back. Hoping Capers has our defense inspired and ready to play.

I think we win 42-31.

PackMan13x

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I can still feel the pain from the last time this game happened. I am NOT taking the G-Men lightly (not that it matters what I take lightly, lol) and can't wait to see how this plays out! I am Tebowing (praying) for better results. I can promise you one thing, Bert will not be heaving up a blind rainbow interception in OT.

Jules

The Colts Fan
Reaction score
Between that and fearful Packer fans, it's gonna be a long week.

It's not a Packer tradition to wish for weak opponents, and it's not a Packer tradition to be afraid. If we're not championship quality - if we don't deserve our place - we'll know that in a week. No yapping, over-confident Giants fans are going to tell us anything about our team we don't already know.

Bring it on.

Packers fearful fans
Giants trolls
Media harping on the Giants d line and 2007
Brees being the best there is and throwing yards galore
Tebow

Yep. Gonna be tough.

The Drew

The Drew Cave
Reaction score
I feel good... In the last 4 weeks the Giants beat a trash Cowboys team twice, a garbage Jets team and LOST to a weak Redskins team... Granted they beat a suspect Falcons team today but I am not worried about this team! Too much hype!

Farvetowebster

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I feel the giants matchup better with the packers than they do with the saints...packers have no running game..and I feel the giants d-line will pressure A-rod and our secondary is playing much better. However the pack have lost once in like 23 games and their defense has caught a lot of flack this year and that worries me because numbers aside the pack still have a top 10 defense imo..lots of talent on that side of the ball. I hope the giants can hang around until the 4th and then u never know.

okcpackerfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Between that and fearful Packer fans, it's gonna be a long week.

It's not a Packer tradition to wish for weak opponents, and it's not a Packer tradition to be afraid. If we're not championship quality - if we don't deserve our place - we'll know that in a week. No yapping, over-confident Giants fans are going to tell us anything about our team we don't already know.

Bring it on.
this guy came on here and was actually respectful and nice, not sure if you were meaning him though

Fazeman

Setting The Pace
Reaction score
"No, no, lord sake no, no"....Ok Giants fans, this is for you, but that's it.

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

whoartthou

Cheesehead
Reaction score
There are several games i am excited for next weekend, and this one is DEFINITELY one of them. Niners/saints is the other one (and i was hoping the pats played the steelers, but hey ill take the broncos!).

IMO, this game has upset written all over it. What i mean when i say that is a few things.

1) The time slot of the game. It is being played on sunday at a time slot where most upsets occur (i believe 5 of the last 6 upsets occured during that time slot).

2) Both teams met in the regular season the one who won loses in the playoffs.

3) The giants have their pass rush and defense firing on all cylinders. I just do not see the packers O-Line stopping them from getting to rodgers.

This game is 50-50 for me. It all depends on rodgers and manning IMO. Obviously rodgers is going up against a much more potent defense than manning... but this game will definitely go down to the wire, and whichever QB is the clutchest down that stretch will be the victor.

I am hoping the packers pull through.

GreenBlood

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
This game is 50-50 for me. It all depends on rodgers and manning IMO. Obviously rodgers is going up against a much more potent defense than manning...

That's debatable. Usually, the team who wins the turnovers wins the game in the playoffs. I think chances are high that we will win that battle.

UCSB616

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Vegas lines are based off of what the population will bet. It doesn't actually reference what they think the score will be

This is a misconception. There is a formula used as a baseline. It is adjusted for public popularity but it changes the line at most 1.5 points (packers are on the high end). Otherwise the lines are set based on a metric that values each team and should approximate the point differential (this is why so many games fall within the spread). It is odds, just like anything else in gambling.

UCSB616

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This is a much better matchup for us than the lions or the falcons. Any playoff team is going to be tough in the second round. What we don't want is an audible/ball control offense like Atlanta or a team that was just in lambeau 2 weeks before. Plus, although the media is all over them, the packers are the giants worst nightmare. We are a horrible matchup for them. Packers win this by double digits (call it 11), and it isn't that close most of the game.

12theTruth

The Giants do match up well with the Packers. Being at home with a rested and highly motivated offense led by Aaron Rodgers though.... I'm not any more concerned than usual. It all hinges on our offensive line and their ability to win the battle.

As far as I'm concerned I expect the defense to force at least one turnover and collect at least one sack. Anything more than that is gravy. The bar is set so low on defense that if we gave up only 400 yards of total offense against an elite QB like Manning than it would be a phenominal accomplishment! :sick:

Jules

The Colts Fan
Reaction score
I always figured Cooper was Archie's least favorite son

Tough to say. It might be a toss up. I read Eli used to talk to his mom a lot growing up because Peyton/Cooper/Archie dominated all conversations.

Eli is a momma's boy!!!!

Jules

The Colts Fan
Reaction score
There are several games i am excited for next weekend, and this one is DEFINITELY one of them. Niners/saints is the other one (and i was hoping the pats played the steelers, but hey ill take the broncos!).

IMO, this game has upset written all over it. What i mean when i say that is a few things.

1) The time slot of the game. It is being played on sunday at a time slot where most upsets occur (i believe 5 of the last 6 upsets occured during that time slot).

2) Both teams met in the regular season the one who won loses in the playoffs.

3) The giants have their pass rush and defense firing on all cylinders. I just do not see the packers O-Line stopping them from getting to rodgers.

This game is 50-50 for me. It all depends on rodgers and manning IMO. Obviously rodgers is going up against a much more potent defense than manning... but this game will definitely go down to the wire, and whichever QB is the clutchest down that stretch will be the victor.

I am hoping the packers pull through.

I never heard that one before. I don't think it really matters either. I mean thats kinda stretching for trends isn't it?

BUT, I have heard before that the Saturday night time slots vs. very religious young QBs is the most dangerous since Jesus stays up late on weekends.

12theTruth

Probably because Greg Jennings did in a tweet earlier today. I'm sure the players are using that as added motivation going into this next contest.

Members online

Latest posts