Saints vs. Packers: What To Expect???

SaintsFaninAustin

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hey All,

What do you expect this weekend, honestly? I'm interested in what you all think about this weeks' game. I already know what Saints fans think!

cyoung

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I expect the packers and Saints to have a good offensive day and a close game

Greg C.

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I saw part of the Saints/Browns game, and the Saints looked pretty good. The Packers, on the other hand, did not look good. Things do have a way of evening out in the NFL, but I don't feel good about this game. I think it will be close, but I would pick the Saints straight-up. I wonder what the Las Vegas oddsmakers are saying.

OP
OP
S

SaintsFaninAustin

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Saints fans feel that we "should" win the game based off of the way both teams looked this past weekend, but it could be a trap game, as it was last year. Reggie Bush is a handful, and, Deuce looks like he's back at full strength. Could be interesting, especially if Drew Brees steps up.

If there hadn't been so much turnover in New Orleans, I'd say that McCarthy had an advantage going against his old team, but it's a completely team he's working against. One thing I do know is, McCarthy can get hot and score points.

Cdnfavrefan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think our defence should maybe match up well though in containing Bush as long as KGB doesn't overpursue to often. May be more a huntch then anything but I'm expecting Brett to silence the critics and I think his receivers will do everything thy can to help him. Probably Al will match up on Horn and I think he'll do a good job.

Obi1

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Favre seems to have some decent games against the Saints. I believe the Superdome may be the ONLY dome where he has a winning record... But aren't we playing this one at home?

So, with the Packers ticked off about their poor play vs the cubs, I'd say the Packers win this one and by more than a last minute Field Goal.

I think the best scenario is that the Packer pass defense plays well against the Saints and keeps the score close early on and then the Packers run away with it at the end with Green.

Packers 27 Saints 20

kewlbeans

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think the Packers defense could be in for a another long day Sunday.

The Saints have more tallent at the skill positions whit Brees, Bush, McCallister, and Horn than the Bears who moved the ball at will for the most par against the Packers. The Packers are gonna have fits covering Bush out of the backfield if one of our LB's are asked to cover. They also line Bush up wide, and I wouldn't be surprised to see both McCallister and Bush in the game at the same time.

The Saints D looked pretty impressive against the run also. Their Pass defense is still suspect though

kmac

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I expect a total of over 250 yards rushing, recieving, and returning for Reggie Bush. However, despite this, we'll keep it close.

4thand26

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Favre will light up the Saints. I expect a high scoring game. I wonder what the Over/Under is?

calicheesehead

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It will be a heavy dose of McCallister doing the bruising and some finesse by Bush. We did O.K. vs. the run last week and that was our first game of the season. I see our Pass D was coming around a bit in the second half of the f'ing Bears game. With Woodson, Manuel, and Harris all taking heat, I think some major pride is going to come out of these guys. I think we rebound in a big way. Since we ran,ran,ran fir the beginning of last weeks game, I think MM mixes it up with the Pass setting up the run. Let's see....Favre pissed, Jennings pissed, our LB's and DB's pissed, and MM pissed with major egg on his face from his first step of Lambeau dominance, we will come out swinging. If we can get up early, and not play from behind we can come out with a W. Never play with a beaten dog, it will bite.

Zombieslayer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well, what I'd love to see is both defenses folding and a ridiculously high scoring game for both teams. I want to see Favre throw 400+ yards and 5 TDs. I don't even care if the Saints score just as much. Just no low scoring games. I hate low scoring games.

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Bears and Saints are two different teams. Yes the Saints have Reggie Bush and on paper their offense looks great but the reality is Green Bay's offense should be able to move the ball well on New Orleans defense. The Saints don't have that good of a defense. It's been there weak point for years. They don't have a great interior pass rush so we should do ok there. Now the question is can our D stop their O? I'm not so sure we can. Brees has looked good at times but has struggled a bit. Bush and McAlister is a much better duo than Benson and Jones. I think this is a close game but I think I might give the edge on paper to the Saints. Just my take but it should be a close game. No reason it can't. Both these teams are in similar situations. Both are rebuilding. New Orleans might be a couple of steps ahead of us though in getting to their final plans.

Cdnfavrefan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think N.O. is not far away from becoming a contender. I think we may be lucky to get them early in the year when guys like Brees and Bush are learning to fit in. Not saying they'll make playoffs this year but if the start to gel and become at least a decent defence I think next year looks optimistic. I'd be happy for Joe Horn's sake if they could start winning.

yooperfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Cdnfavrefan said:
I think N.O. is not far away from becoming a contender. I think we may be lucky to get them early in the year when guys like Brees and Bush are learning to fit in. Not saying they'll make playoffs this year but if the start to gel and become at least a decent defence I think next year looks optimistic. I'd be happy for Joe Horn's sake if they could start winning.

No way the saints win this one.
Every Packer has got to be pissed after last week and they will come out swinging and not let up.

4packgirl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
i agree with whoever said they SHOULD come out swingin & hopefully will keep that intensity up throughout the entire game. otherwise, my expectations?? not much. :(

gopackgo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Pack are a 2 and 1/2 point favorite. Probably because they are at home.

I hope the Pack can score early, if not first. That or a good defensive stand. Not even a turnover. They just need some good news to get going.

wpr

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Greg C. said:
My fondest hope is that Mike McKenzie gets torched for a TD at some point. Not that I'm bitter about him or anything.

Let's make it the game winning TD late in the 4th quarter into the corner of the south endzone and I will be happy too. :thumbsup:
We fans will be riding on MM's rear :loser: end all game.