Safeties

RepStar15

"We're going to relentlessly chase perfection."
Reaction score
I know there is a lot of talk around the CB aspect of the secondary and how inconsistent that group may be, but can we talk about the safety group. This looks like our strongest group in skill and depth maybe next to the WR corp. Maybe I am bias, but to me this looks like the strongest safety corp in the league. Haha is a stud, Burnette is consistent, and I love what I am seeing from Brice and Jones. Can this group pull the weight of what the CB group lacks?

Pkrjones

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I love the talent and depth in the Safety group this year. Burnett, Dix & Brice are capable of playing every down if needed. Jones is fearless in the box or blitzing, just not sure if he can do everything on the back-end, yet. Marwin Evans shows a lot of skill & intelligence, too, just not sure if has full grasp of everything to be able to direct D if needed. Definitely a very strong group. Those 5 at S, keep top 6 CB's and there is a lot to work with on D.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I like our safeties a lot, and that's all I'm going to say. We all felt that way about our DBs at this time last year too. I feel partially responsible for jinxing them. I'm not going to make that mistake again

D

Deleted member 6794

I know there is a lot of talk around the CB aspect of the secondary and how inconsistent that group may be, but can we talk about the safety group. This looks like our strongest group in skill and depth maybe next to the WR corp. Maybe I am bias, but to me this looks like the strongest safety corp in the league. Haha is a stud, Burnette is consistent, and I love what I am seeing from Brice and Jones. Can this group pull the weight of what the CB group lacks?

I definitely like the talent level at the safety position entering this season, don't know about the unit being the best in the league. It should be mentioned that the other players aside of Burnett and Clinton-Dix lack experience though.

GBkrzygrl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I thought the same thing. Every time we say that we have a lot of depth at one position that position gets decimated by injuries. Nope. We are not fine at any position.:unsure: