Ryan Taylor, man I hope the Pack keeps him

armand34

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ryan Taylor

He just seems to be that ideal blue-collar type. Just puts his head down and plays. His interviews I'm impressed with as well. He doesn't make a big deal about anything. He is focused on making the team by any means necessary. He reallys seems to be a potential gem to me for such a late draft pick.

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think, in the end, he is going to be the #2 TE opposite Finley. His attributes compliments Finley well, more of an inline, Heath Miller kind of TE.

I'm also liking a lot what I'm seeing from him. Enough to the point I believe Crabtree is expandable. And Crabtree is by far our best blocking TE as of now.

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yeah he's got a roster spot locked up.
Just hope Finley lasts and doesn't miss so many games anymore.
How bout an iron man streak for J-Mike.....

TJV

Lifelong Packers Fanatic
Reaction score
Don't worry, he's on the team. I believe he is lining up with the ones on every ST unit. And I think he somewhat surprised the staff with how well he can play TE. Havner was released in part because of how high they are on Taylor. Actually, I think he's ahead of DJ Williams for a roster spot but I expect both to make it. In my roster guess I have Crabtree getting waived and that prediction has a better chance of coming true the more the staff thinks of Taylor's blocking ability. Yet another late round gem!

7thFloorRA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He looks good...I think he will easily make the roster. I think crabtree is very versatile at some and usefull. I also believe that Quarless has shown just enough to make another team bite on him in a trade and I would have no problem seeing him leave.

GBPack2010

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He's in with ST #1's like someone said earlier. Also nice game against the #3s and 4th Defense of the Colts helps his case. He's also impressed with blocking to the coaches. Crabtree is the TE with the ? now in my opinion.

GWheels

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I like that kid too. Seems like the kind of guy that would punch you in the mouth but then help you get up.

Future

He did WHAT?
Reaction score
Finley Quarless Taylor Williams imo

Crabtree makes it before Quarless does. Finley and Williams are receiving threats, and a good blocking TE is worth more than a third pass-catching TE.

That said, I really do think we'll see 5 TEs make the roster. Might keep Quinn Johnson or a 6th WR off the roster.

Jordyruns

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If Taylor is as good on special teams as people say I wonder if TT will not resign bush this offseason if he demands a large contract? With a special teams gem (like I heard taylor was suppose to be) bush becomes expendable. Would still like to see both of them on our ST unit though.

DevilDon

Inclement Weather Fan
Reaction score
I think it's more likely they keep Quarless over Crabtree. Blocking TEs are getting more rare from the college ranks but it's easier to teach blocking than to teach receiving skills.
It would be nice to keep 'em all.

13 Times Champs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If Taylor is as good on special teams as people say I wonder if TT will not resign bush this offseason if he demands a large contract? With a special teams gem (like I heard taylor was suppose to be) bush becomes expendable. Would still like to see both of them on our ST unit though.
Not trying to make a case for Bush but I think he and Ryan play different positions on ST

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Not trying to make a case for Bush but I think he and Ryan play different positions on ST
100% correct, Bush plays a gunner. Taylor cannot do that. I can't say exactly what position he'll play, as I know very little about ST play, but if I had to guess, his role would be playing as an inside blocker on kick returns and right next to the OL on punts and kicks.

Guys more suited to replace Bush would be West, Gurley, Gordy, House...

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts