Ryan Grant thinks a two-game suspension for Suh is “absurd”

News Bot

News Bot
Reaction score
After seeing Lions defensive tackle Ndamukong Suh stomp on one of his teammates, Packers running back Ryan Grant isn’t happy that Suh will be back on the field in two weeks. “Do I think it needs to be longer? Yeah, I do,” Grant said on WSSP in Milwaukee, via SportsRadioInterviews.com. “I think it’s absurd. It…
You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Source: ProFootballTalk.com

GreenBayGal

Cheese Goddess
Reaction score
I'm inclined to agree with Grant. Suh's action was deliberate with full intention to cause harm. It's one thing to defend yourself in a heated situation with swinging a fist (not that's that is ok), but another do stomp on a man who is down & has done nothing to provoke the offender other than outplay them. Sometimes I think the offenders would rather pay the fine with the pay-off being bodily harm to another player, causing them to be out of the game for the season and/or for the rest of their career. That's just not right. I also think Robinson should have been kicked out of the game for his kick to Lang. IMO.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I agree with Grant and our own GBG.
I don't think 2 games is enough for N-Dam-U-Kong Duh to cool his jets.
With him appealing this, it shows that he didn't think he did anything wrong.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
The appeal is something that is paid for by both the league and the players association..

From my understanding, it is suppose to be more independent..So I dont blame him for having someone else look into it..It is in their CBA to have this..

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Woody on Rich Eisen podcast he thinks Suh was being suspended more so for the explanation after the game...

LOLions

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I agree. It's only a matter of time before that lunatic tries to legitimately kill a man on the field. Suspend him for two seasons with no pay and a 100 K fine with loss of endorsements.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
And let's not forget the pushing on the helmet/head into the turf before the stomp which tends to get overlooked by the media.
That plus the stomp plus the lack of remorse with a lame justification/lie should have been more than a 2 game suspension.

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score
I agree with Grant. I also don't see why he even bothered with the appeal even if it's in his rights. To me, it just shows he has learned nothing from this. I'm glad it was denied, I knew it would be. I'd rather hoped they'd suspend him for another game or two for wasting everyone's time with the appeal.

Bogart

Duke Mantee
Reaction score
Suh and the Lions play this year has totally destroyed their status among the average fan.

The average fans that don't jump a band wagon (Steelers, Cowboys), you know the average fan that will smile and clap for a team that has been losing so many years when they finally get it together. That's how I think everyone felt about the Lions earlier this year, and just as fast as they went 5-0, their reputation was rotting to hell.

When the Saints were getting it together a few years ago after being a bottom feeder for decades, I think everyone was happy for them. They had that reputation of never winning something, but at the same time they had CLASS. The only people I seen *****ing about them was Vikings fans on how they roughed up Favre, or teams that lost blaming it on the refs, but even so I have never heard anyone badmouth Brees. With the Lions it's quite the opposite....I know people were happy for them earlier this year, but now everyone I talk to wants to see them lose every game and go back to being a bottom feeder of the league because they despise Suh, they despise the coach that made a complete ****** of himself over a hand shake, and they despise the dirty play of a defense that acts like sore losers when they are down by a huge margin.

This team started as a feel good story and it slowly turned into something everyone hates. Not just Bears, Packers, and Vikings fans, I'm talking about fans of every team, I have not heard a positive thing about them in a long time. Everyone hates them. They are coming down to the Superdome Sunday and the trash talk from Saints fans is sky high about beating a dirty team that thinks they are bad *****.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Suh and the Lions play this year has totally destroyed their status among the average fan.

The average fans that don't jump a band wagon (Steelers, Cowboys), you know the average fan that will smile and clap for a team that has been losing so many years when they finally get it together. That's how I think everyone felt about the Lions earlier this year, and just as fast as they went 5-0, their reputation was rotting to hell.

When the Saints were getting it together a few years ago after being a bottom feeder for decades, I think everyone was happy for them. They had that reputation of never winning something, but at the same time they had CLASS. The only people I seen *****ing about them was Vikings fans on how they roughed up Favre, or teams that lost blaming it on the refs, but even so I have never heard anyone badmouth Brees. With the Lions it's quite the opposite....I know people were happy for them earlier this year, but now everyone I talk to wants to see them lose every game and go back to being a bottom feeder of the league because they despise Suh, they despise the coach that made a complete ****** of himself over a hand shake, and they despise the dirty play of a defense that acts like sore losers when they are down by a huge margin.

This team started as a feel good story and it slowly turned into something everyone hates. Not just Bears, Packers, and Vikings fans, I'm talking about fans of every team, I have not heard a positive thing about them in a long time. Everyone hates them. They are coming down to the Superdome Sunday and the trash talk from Saints fans is sky high about beating a dirty team that thinks they are bad *****.
Gosh.
When was the last time there was anything like this for baseball?

Bogart

Duke Mantee
Reaction score
Gosh.
When was the last time there was anything like this for baseball?

If I meet someone that still pulls for the Lions and isn't a fan of theirs, I'd be shocked lol, but it's a rare minority if there is. Sorta like Steeler band wagon fans, when they start losing you never see those ******** around.

packerfan4ever

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I agree with Grant because Shu has been doing this since he has been with the lions,and he is looking to ruin some ones career,he tries to hide what he does and when he gets caught who me what did I do it's a shame he could be a good player but he needs some kind of help with the temper.

DevilDon

Inclement Weather Fan
Reaction score
Rodgers admitted as much in a radio interview. He side of sideways acknowledged that this kind of play doesn't go on between the Packers, Vikings and Bears. There is some level of respect between those teams.
I love Bogie's comment, lots of bandwagoners early when things were going well after so long, but they sure shot themselves in the foot with their classless demeanor.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Dr.Phil will want SUH to get excited about his life.
OK Dr. Phil might be the wrong choice.
We need someone who can mellow him out. Put him to sleep.
Lock him in a room with a TV only showing C-Span 24/7.
Same room only with a marathon of Disney movies or showing baseball alternating with golf.

Staff online

Members online

Latest posts