Running Game = Loss

DoddPower

Nick Perry is watching you, NFL QB's!
Reaction score
And terrible technique. Tons of penalties, etc.

We shot ourselves in the foot.

And we need to practice our two minute offense more. Waaay more.

KGB94SACKEM

Cheesehead
Reaction score
:lol:

I know it was really turnovers, but ... we had a running game and lost!

I disagree. We had a running game in the first half because we surprised the Bears. They easily took it away and the lack of one combined with the fact McCarthy didn't know when to go away from it, lost us this game.

Zombieslayer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
:lol:

I know it was really turnovers, but ... we had a running game and lost!

Agree. You don't run against da Bears. You pass against them.
This year, the teams that beat the Bears have beaten them in the air, not on the ground.

musccy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
nothing wrong with running the football, you just need to mix it up some,e.g. not ignore your wrs for 40 minutes.

2 minute offense PATHETIC too, btw.

nathaniel

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We lost because of **** poor coaching.

...and the **** poor linemen who held, and the **** poor middle linebacker that pulled a guy down by his facemask, and the **** poor receiver who fumbled twice, and the **** poor punt returner who couldn't hold on to the ball. It's just about time for everyone to be calming down. Almost bed time. Zzzzzzzzzzzz...

umair

Cheesehead
Reaction score
it was as if our o was not on the field the whole 2nd half. the running game was only one of the many reasons we lost the game.

musccy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I do fault MM for forgetting that we have WRs in the 2nd half, but you have to hold players accountable at some point too...barnett's facemask, brett's int, the 3 fumbles...all just stupid decisions that you have to fault the players for.

scotty

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I just kept waiting for us to air it out and it never happened.. I was kind of in shock.. You can't blame it all on the run game; our short passing game wasn't getting the job done either, especially at the end. How many 3-yard dumps and shovels can you do? Where were those post patterns? How about a fly pattern to back the defense up a bit?

I'm guessing the Bears coverage stepped it up and were all over our guys, but still.. we looked totally inept, especially in that two-minute drill.

agopackgo4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
There was 0 urgency on the part of the Packer offense. Like me and my dad said a couple times, it looks as if there saying "ah, we can beat the bears any time we want to..so lets just experiment and see how close to the edge we can get" Not to mention there was HORRRRIBILE time managment at the end of the first half, and at the end of the game! Pooor offensive showing. Horribile. All around. from decisions made, to penalties, to coaching, to turning the ball over. It was just ugly.

Bobby Roberts

Cheesehead
Reaction score

We lost because we had 5 turnovers! None of those were the coach's fault. The coaches set-up a good game plan and we were still in position to win the game at the end, even with a ton of turnovers.

Our field position sucked in the second half and we end up playing not to lose instead of playing to win. Yet, take away a dumb@$$ lame-duck pass into a gaggle of defenders and a terrible fumble on a good punt return, and we win that game!

Blame the coach all you like, but handing the ball to the other team 4 times will end up losing the game almost every time.

GO PACK GO!!!

Zombieslayer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Bobby Roberts said:
we end up playing not to lose instead of playing to win.

this is why we're blaming the coach.
We should have kept the ball in the air and put them away.
I was yelling, NO RUNNING early in the 2nd half, even when we had a lead. I guess MM didn't hear me through the tv. :(

warhawk

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Bobby Roberts said:

We lost because we had 5 turnovers! None of those were the coach's fault. The coaches set-up a good game plan and we were still in position to win the game at the end, even with a ton of turnovers.

Our field position sucked in the second half and we end up playing not to lose instead of playing to win. Yet, take away a dumb@$$ lame-duck pass into a gaggle of defenders and a terrible fumble on a good punt return, and we win that game!

Blame the coach all you like, but handing the ball to the other team 4 times will end up losing the game almost every time.

I agree. This could very well be looked at as a coaching debacle but these guys went out last night and earned that loss due to not mentally being in it .
Almost every time we had the ball in the second half the possession was killed by a holding call. Guys like Clifton missing the DE out there and Collins biting on the run are examples of guys just not thinking.

It certainly looked to me like they forgot how important doing the little things right are and got sloppy out there and went away from what they were taught to do.

I'm with you on this Bobby. I saw a ton of player errors and mental mistakes and I know from hearing what MM says every week that he does what he can to avoid that type of thing.

I am pretty sure this will not be the case again for awhile. This was an atypical showing from a well-coached group that got away from what they know.

bozz_2006

Cheesehead
Reaction score
As beautiful as the first half was, the second half was equally ugly. it's wasn't just the running game, or the penalties, or the turnovers. it was everything.

axelred13

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I agree with everything that has been said

The players are the ones on the field "executing" the plays, however, the plays that were called didn't help them overcome the mistakes.

I also think it was a bad decision to bench JJ. It can't help his confidence to be benched in a big game. They were BIG turnovers, but look what happened when he was benched. We went away from the pass and did nothing.

spardo62

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Let us also remember that in the 2nd half, Jennings was out for long stretches and due to his fumbles Jones did not see much action either. Having your 2 and 3 receivers out makes it much harder to keep your normal gameplan.

HatestheEagles084

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We lost because we don't know how to win yet, we have problems handling success, it's growing pains it's bound to happen.

Inexperienced Coaching
Inexperienced Recievers
Inexperienced Defense
Inexperienced Running Backs
Inexperienced Quarterback
...seemingly

I'm so worried and so pissed off that one setback (well, a dozen setbacks) doesnt set this team back, the talent is there but last night the winning mentality just left, coaching, playcalling, overall intelligent play, all of it

Packnic

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We lost because we don't know how to win yet, we have problems handling success, it's growing pains it's bound to happen.

Inexperienced Coaching
Inexperienced Recievers
Inexperienced Defense
Inexperienced Running Backs
Inexperienced Quarterback
...seemingly

I'm so worried and so pissed off that one setback (well, a dozen setbacks) doesnt set this team back, the talent is there but last night the winning mentality just left, coaching, playcalling, overall intelligent play, all of it

havent seen you in a while hates.... but i wouldnt get worried just yet... it was one bad half of football... we can overcome it.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Bobby Roberts said:
we end up playing not to lose instead of playing to win.

this is why we're blaming the coach.
We should have kept the ball in the air and put them away.
I was yelling, NO RUNNING early in the 2nd half, even when we had a lead. I guess MM didn't hear me through the tv. :(

not saying you EVER said this..

but up until this game we have been hearing from fans, sports people and the like how the Packers need to run..

so now they have a game where they are trying to run and people want passing

:shock:

axelred13

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Let's be clear, we need to be able to run when we need to and able to pass when we need to.

Second half, especially after how Favre lit that defense up, we needed to pass.

Members online

Latest posts