Rogers mad at Allison

Tacklynn

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If this was discussed elsewhere, sorry I could not find it and I did look. Sometime in the 2nd half, Rogers was visibly upset and seemed to be shouting, and the announcers said it was on account of Allison. Was there any more about this? Why was he so mad? Did Allison do something stupid? Is such a reaction by the quarterback common?

Thank you for any light you might shed on this brief incident.

Whatever the problem, glad it did not get in the way of a win.

Jerellh528

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yea they showed a replay. Allison basically got pushed off his route and ran into another receiver thus taking his target out of the play. Pretty sure this is it, or at least what I got from it

OP
OP
Tacklynn

Tacklynn

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Thanks, Rogers sure seemed upset. The announcers kept saying stuff like, "He's really upset." Allison can't help it if he gets pushed out of the way. It's not like he ran the wrong direction or tripped over his shoelace.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
Thanks, Rogers sure seemed upset. The announcers kept saying stuff like, "He's really upset." Allison can't help it if he gets pushed out of the way. It's not like he ran the wrong direction or tripped over his shoelace.

Pretty normal mode of operation for AR. If a player messes up, he calls him out. If AR messes up, he calls himself out. I think he has been around long enough, as well as being consistent with this, that its no big deal for his teammates.

BrokenArrow

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He should have been mad at the officials for not calling pass interference.

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
...probably thought that Allison should have found a way to keep his body out of the path of the other WR

goldplater

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He is a perfectionist.
He is ******* him as well (INT, the pass against his running direction to RIPkowski against NYG) maybe more than on others.
Allison will learn and he is needed as much as Abby and Janis were last year against the Cardinals.

goldplater

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He should have been mad at the officials for not calling pass interference.
That does not bring up anything.
The refs called no Holding or PI as much as there were on BOTH sides. They never do.
Not did they change any call ever because a QB was mad at them.

Being mad only distroys concentration.
That was shown against the Giants in one of the playoff-losses under Coughlin and against the Bills in Buffalo. He was angry that nobody called back the DB#s and lost his Poise a bit to much.
In the Playoffs the refs always let the DBs go with more than before. Maybe because the Crews have no idendity anymore and do not want to be so much criticized or take the risk to decide the outcome of the game (you know failed marry....)

You have to overcome it. Therefore the O gets that Money: Not only playing according to the playbook but against a D that gets payed to stop them with all trickery every Receiver knows from at least highschool on....

Arod2gjdd

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Looked like he ran an incorrect or flawed route and ran straight into Davante and took him out of the play. Davante was likely the intended target on the play. With the level we need Allison at, I'm ok with Rodgers trying to bring him there, rather than expecting him to be as great as he is. Good learning experience.

Arod2gjdd

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I will say this: That Rodgers interception was putrid and completely on him. Throw that to the corner of the end zone and Davante has the freest touchdown of all time. I know he was expecting a different route but when he has that kind of separation just air it out. That would have bee 35-13 and an early dagger, and Rodgers numbers would have looked video-game like

Favre>Rodgers259

Cheesehead
Reaction score
From a former Wide Receiver's perspective, Allison did nothing to get a release. He effectively took the play off. Maybe the ball was intended to go to Adams the entire time; and from my own personal experience from high school to college and semi-pro, when a WR KNOWS they aren't getting the ball, they don't go as hard.

The problem is that the DB literally had his way with him. Adams and Allison were lined up in a twins tight formation. The Cowboys DBs were playing press man coverage, so when the ball was snapped, because Allison didn't fight the press off AT ALL, he was promptly driven right into Adams, who was probably supposed to get the ball. I think the only other eligible man was Cook, and Montgomery was in a pass block developing to screen route. So effectively Rodgers only had 1 or 2 reads total once he snapped the ball. That can't happen at this level of play.

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
From a former Wide Receiver's perspective, Allison did nothing to get a release. He effectively took the play off. Maybe the ball was intended to go to Adams the entire time; and from my own personal experience from high school to college and semi-pro, when a WR KNOWS they aren't getting the ball, they don't go as hard.
From my experience, when any player takes the play off that's a clue for the defense. Some of the greats will do that on purpose and then bust deep. However, at the pro level where defensive lineman are watching film and keying in on how the OL leans or where their heads are tilted....a WR taking the play off can mess up the rest of the play.

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Did he run the wrong route?

As a former wr myself.. I can say it wasn't the wrong route....it was allowing himself to be re-routed which was the problem. At first glance it looks like Allison was supposed to run a crossing route, while Devante ran an out towards the sidelines. If executed correctly it would have forced the Dallas defenders who were playing man to run into each other and open up either of the two . Except G-MO allowed the corner to jam him off his route causing him to run into Adams.

Pkrjones

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I didn't record the game but I thought on that play Allison got re-routed and ended up running up field before his cut. I think AR was telling him "slant, slant" afterwards. There was some quick pressure and AR wanted to unload it fast but didn't have his "hot" receiver (Allison).

We've seen Adams (1st 2 yrs), Janis and now Allison NOT run break hard and fight thru the defender on hard slants and it has created AR picks or sacks. That's something Jennings & Driver did very well, is they'd fight to make that cut and get past the defender. Hopefully with AR in his ear that mistake only happens once for Allison.