Rodgers will put this team on his back

Crazy Packers Fan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
After the slow start (typical predictable 1st quarter MM play calling), Aaron Rodgers was unstoppable, save for the one fumble. I get the feeling that in order for the Packers to win the Super Bowl (4 straight wins), he's going to have to do something similar to what he did against the Steelers in XLV - completely carry the team on his back. Remember that the defense played its worst game of the year and the Packers still almost won. If the defense can simply play average, I really think Rodgers can get this team another ring on his own.

NorthWestCheeseHead

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Remember that the defense played its worst game of the year and the Packers still almost won.
I seem to remember the Packers winning that Super Bowl. I also remember the Packers' D playing well in that game up to the point that Woodson broke his collar bone in the 2nd quarter. In fact the D was playing amazingly well up to that point. From that point they did play poorely for the most part, but they got the stops when they needed them.

I think the loss to the Vikings actually proves the opposite from what you said. That is; that Aaron can't carry the team to victory by himself.

http://scores.espn.go.com/nfl/recap?gameId=310206009

Wood Chipper

Fantasy Football Guru
Reaction score
After the slow start (typical predictable 1st quarter MM play calling), Aaron Rodgers was unstoppable, save for the one fumble. I get the feeling that in order for the Packers to win the Super Bowl (4 straight wins), he's going to have to do something similar to what he did against the Steelers in XLV - completely carry the team on his back. Remember that the defense played its worst game of the year and the Packers still almost won. If the defense can simply play average, I really think Rodgers can get this team another ring on his own.
Except in the Super Bowl the defense played well. Nick Collins got a TD and there was a fumble forced and recovered plus another int.

ExpatPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The defense has got to play better full stop.

The thing that worries me about this game is that AP is acting like a man on a mission from God and the Purple Jesus won't be denied. No matter how hard we try, I'm just not sure we'll be able to slow him down. That means our pass rush/secondary has got to make Ponder pay.

ARod and co. will do the rest.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
I seem to remember the Packers winning that Super Bowl. I also remember the Packers' D playing well in that game up to the point that Woodson broke his collar bone in the 2nd quarter. In fact the D was playing amazingly well up to that point. From that point they did play poorely for the most part, but they got the stops when they needed them.

I think the loss to the Vikings actually proves the opposite from what you said. That is; that Aaron can't carry the team to victory by himself.

http://scores.espn.go.com/nfl/recap?gameId=310206009

I think he meant the Packers D played their worse game vs the Vikings on Sunday

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts