Rodgers: tough act to follow

TJV

Lifelong Packers Fanatic
Reaction score
IMO the team has a tougher act to follow than Rodgers does individually. The last time an NFC Super Bowl Champ made it back to the Super Bowl the next season was … the 1997 season when the Packers did it. I believe since then most Super Bowl winners don’t even win a playoff game the following season. Don’t get me wrong, the Packers are loaded but like the team, we shouldn’t take anything for granted.

The Packers’ D finished second in points allowed last season, the O finished 10th in points scored, and the STs finished near the bottom of the Dallas Morning News ratings. That tells me the D has the toughest act to follow and I expect the O and STs to be improved.

slaughter25

Cheesehead
Reaction score
i agree @ThxJackVainisi I think Rodgers is the type of guy that is going to go out there every season and put up numbers. I think the pressure to repeat is going to come down harder on the D and ST.

VersusTheMoose

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think Peyton will get one more in his career, that GM is smart enough to know what he has and they are preparing to give it one last shot in a couple years.

Rodgers just has to do what he has done his entire starting career, stay healthy and throw TDs.

YouFrgotPoland

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Rodgers is a guy who grew up watching Joe Montana, one of, if not the greatest QB of all time. He has often stated that it is his goal to win multiple championships. The kid has amazing belief in himself and his ability, and demands so much of himself. No way does he get complacent with one SB win and just coast out the rest of his career. I mean, he still has yet to win the division lol (not that that's as important). Point is, he still has goals HE (not his fans) wants to accomplish. For instance, despite the career he's had thus far, and the season he just had, he still has detractors in the media and what not. Any idea how much those detractors fueled him to get this far? A hell of a lot. This kid ain't done, not by a long shot.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Every single time the Packers went to the Superbowl, they repeated.
Because of that, is why I expect them to do it again.

VersusTheMoose

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Stats are just stats. Every time a Canadian city hosted the Olympic games they won the Stanley Cup they next year. Except my Canucks this past year.

They did make it to the cup final though..

DevilDon

Inclement Weather Fan
Reaction score
I agree with Moose, too much can be put into stats. The Packers had never won in New York, they hadn't won a playoff against the Eagles, no NFC team had won the Super Bowl as a sixth seed. I mean, it's as though stats work against you in some people's minds. Stats and records are constantly broken or upended. I'm as inclined to believe the Packers do Super Bowls in twos as I am to believe that Super Bowl champs don't repeat.
The Packers have an amazing depth of talent, it makes you sick to think about cutting some of them, but when the games start to count, they will have the most talented roster in the NFL. It almost makes you feel sorry for the rest of the NFL. I don't think the pressure is on any individual unit or player, this team will compete and make a run for the championship.
If injuries didn't derail them and all the "stats" didn't defeat them, you'd have to figure with a healthy team they are the team to beat all season.
Yep, repeat champs, I'm calling it.

Latest posts